First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you going with Raptor hinges or OEMs?
I'm going to stay OEM for now as I don't plan on adding extra weight beyond the 37" tire/wheel combo (97lbs). Going to revisit when Hammer Built comes out with their version.
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to stay OEM for now as I don't plan on adding extra weight beyond the 37" tire/wheel combo (97lbs). Going to revisit when Hammer Built comes out with their version.
That is the way I went the first time...and it is solid. It does use spacers, however, and a workaround for using your OEM hinges but a more solid setup than conical delrin spacers is buying the Raptor plate (that is also drilled for OEM hinges but 1/2" higher) and this:

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/product...92422&pr_ref_pid=7313967251622&pr_seq=uniform

Those bolt the tailgate to your OEM hinges...one at a time. You unbolt one of your T-45/47 bolts, then use one of the RTR conical bolt/studs. Repeat for the other three. Then the HB Raptor plate can bolt to the threaded adapters.

With your setup, just make sure you are really careful when loosening or tightening your hinge bolts so you don't knock the nut plates into the abyss of your tailgate.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not finding any way to get the “Raptor Hinges”… I am missing what website to use as I have tried many…. No matter what I believe the hinges need to be strengthened first.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not finding any way to get the “Raptor Hinges”… I am missing what website to use as I have tried many…. No matter what I believe the hinges need to be strengthened first.
I'm in a similar boat...I found them, but no one here stocks them, US stock only, they are a month or more out!

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the way I went the first time...and it is solid. It does use spacers, however, and a workaround for using your OEM hinges but a more solid setup than conical delrin spacers is buying the Raptor plate (that is also drilled for OEM hinges but 1/2" higher) and this:

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/product...92422&pr_ref_pid=7313967251622&pr_seq=uniform

Those bolt the tailgate to your OEM hinges...one at a time. You unbolt one of your T-45/47 bolts, then use one of the RTR conical bolt/studs. Repeat for the other three. Then the HB Raptor plate can bolt to the threaded adapters.

With your setup, just make sure you are really careful when loosening or tightening your hinge bolts so you don't knock the nut plates into the abyss of your tailgate.
So the RTR adapter hardware only work on the HB Raptor plate, not the standard Bronco plate...is that correct?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the RTR adapter hardware only work on the HB Raptor plate, not the standard Bronco plate...is that correct?
Correct
Correct...the original HB plate has a slightly different angle than the Raptor one... so if you try to use the adapters with the original plate it won't work. There was another for a member who had already bought the original Hammer Built plate and decided he wanted to go with Raptor hinges, and I believe that that Tyson hooked him up with a good deal. Definitely worth reaching out to Tyson directly and asking him if he'd be willing to do the same.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct

Correct...the original HB plate has a slightly different angle than the Raptor one... so if you try to use the adapters with the original plate it won't work. There was another for a member who had already bought the original Hammer Built plate and decided he wanted to go with Raptor hinges, and I believe that that Tyson hooked him up with a good deal. Definitely worth reaching out to Tyson directly and asking him if he'd be willing to do the same.
Gotcha. To my surprise Tyson actually returned my email inquiry about their hinges with a phone call...now that's customer service! According to Tyson their hinge will be compatible with their original non-Raptor plate. He says they are in the final design of their hinges and hope to release them in a month or two once they finalize the "stop" you spoke of earlier. I'm going to wait for their release before I commit to replacing the hinges.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will push the spare tire mount out approximately 3/8" from the tailgate itself.
I noticed that the mount goes around the standard rubber tire bumpers, will the kit adjust for these or come with new 3/8" longer bumpers to make full contact with the tire?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed that the mount goes around the standard rubber tire bumpers, will the kit adjust for these or come with new 3/8" longer bumpers to make full contact with the tire?
That is unlikely because Ford makes at least 3 different lengths for the various trim level wheel and tire combinations...they would either have to supply three different ones 3/8 of an inch longer overall or a 3/8 spacer that would go between the current snubber and the body...and a spacer would be wonky because the only thing that holds on that snubber is a plastic push clip. Those rubber bumpers are super important because when people have a tailgate failure it's often because the tire is not supported and constant vibrations are what weakens the structure.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is unlikely because Ford makes at least 3 different lengths for the various trim level wheel and tire combinations...they would either have to supply three different ones 3/8 of an inch longer overall or a 3/8 spacer that would go between the current snubber and the body...and a spacer would be wonky because the only thing that holds on that snubber is a plastic push clip. Those rubber bumpers are super important because when people have a tailgate failure it's often because the tire is not supported and constant vibrations are what weakens the structure.
It is also an interesting choice to make a reinforcement plate that only supports the passenger side of the tire carrier...for structural rigidity it would have been much better to have the support span the entire base of the entire carrier. As is, you'll have to install 3/8 spacers on the four bolts on the driver side, and push the entire tire carrier 3/8 of an inch outwards. It is an imitation of the Raptor spare tire carrier reinforcement, but the Raptor plate is very thin and the OEM Raptor tire carrier is notched to compensate for that plate. The BAMF, RC, and Hammer Built carriers all span the entire OEM carrier base. I think much of the hype/excitement generated by whatever next new thing is based more on appearance than functionality, unfortunately. That happens with a lot of products (which is obvious whenever some manufacturer posts only pictures and then loads of forum members post "take my money"), but if there are other options out there consider your specific needs first and then do some head-to-head comparisons if you want to avoid buyer's remorse (and potential structural woes later). Just my two cents, but I could be a poster child for the idiot who bought several different Bronco products early due to my initial excitement and then ended up giving them away later when I found products that actually functioned much better than the initial ones.

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5 months ago, IAG announced they were going to release what promised to be a pretty nice tailgate reinforcement. In that time, they have successfully sold a ton of the HammerBuilt systems…. HammerBuilt cant keep them in stock. Nice work IAG!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5 months ago, IAG announced they were going to release what promised to be a pretty nice tailgate reinforcement. In that time, they have successfully sold a ton of the HammerBuilt systems…. HammerBuilt cant keep them in stock. Nice work IAG!
This delay and lack of update caused me enough stress to find a cheap alternative so I am able to attend the Bronco Safari.
I purchased an RC support (2 day delivery to Canada) and will revisit this again when I return, but I think Hammerbuilt will have a new customer in me as well!
Anyone need a super cheap reinforcement in about a month? lol

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They've added CRICKETS to their products! lol

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just came from my local ford dealer and asked him to look up the raptor rear door hinge set. He gave me quote sheet with part number M2DZ7842942 A&B.

this is a different part number that what is disclosed in this thread, can someone help validate what I am quoted?
Sponsored