First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 1 inch spacer will work great! Just please remember to extend the lower bumpers or add a racquetball which works well lol. I have a buddy who let me try on a 17x9 with a 0 offset and it fits great with the SAS Carrier.

IMG_1226.jpeg
IMG_1224.jpeg
IMG_1223.jpeg
Are you needing the rubber bumpers because of flexing? I went the Hammerbuilt route on the OEM hinges and the thing is friggin solid, no flex whatsoever. I had planned to extend the rubber bumpers but they aren't needed so I just plugged the holes.
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 1 inch spacer will work great! Just please remember to extend the lower bumpers or add a racquetball which works well lol. I have a buddy who let me try on a 17x9 with a 0 offset and it fits great with the SAS Carrier.

IMG_1226.jpeg
IMG_1224.jpeg
IMG_1223.jpeg
What's holding the tennis ball? Thanks.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with the strongest tailgate reinforcement you're going to want to control movement on that tire...especially with the OEM plastic carrier. Over time even the smallest repetitive movements will weaken the plastic carrier and potentially fatigue the aluminum tailgate as well even with the reinforcement. Ford makes several different length snubbers that might work, or you can get various durometer aftermarket snubbers on Amazon as well.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s a racquetball and just pressure is holding it. Will come up with a better solution but these have been working great. Had them on my previous Wildtrak for 8k miles.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are you needing the rubber bumpers because of flexing? I went the Hammerbuilt route on the OEM hinges and the thing is friggin solid, no flex whatsoever. I had planned to extend the rubber bumpers but they aren't needed so I just plugged the holes.
The IAG system is solid as well. Broncorik gave a good explanation in post #438 just above this one on why you should still have them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Part of what we working on for the updated SAS variation of the Tailgate Support is adjustable lower bumpers to accommodate multiple different tires/wheels/offsets. We are finalizing a few additional changes and different spacers to allow installation with a SAS carrier while using a SAS wheel as well. We didn't want to just use a wheel spacer so we could keep everything as tight as possible and not put additional stress on the actual tire carrier.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Part of what we working on for the updated SAS variation of the Tailgate Support is adjustable lower bumpers to accommodate multiple different tires/wheels/offsets. We are finalizing a few additional changes and different spacers to allow installation with a SAS carrier while using a SAS wheel as well. We didn't want to just use a wheel spacer so we could keep everything as tight as possible and not put additional stress on the actual tire carrier.
Thanks. I am def waiting for an update! Let me know if you need any additional measurements as I was the first to call this out. Hopefully it saved you all some headaches

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. I am def waiting for an update! Let me know if you need any additional measurements as I was the first to call this out. Hopefully it saved you all some headaches
Appreciate that! We are on the right track now that we have a SAS tire carrier in hand to test with. Our apologies that it happened in the first place!

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Appreciate that! We are on the right track now that we have a SAS tire carrier in hand to test with. Our apologies that it happened in the first place!
Sounds good. Thanks for great customer service. I’ll be in the market for an axel back exhaust soon :)

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ours are mounted with a push pin plastic screw zim zam...and so that particular part you referenced may not work unless you cut the nub off and then drill the center out. You might get lucky by trying to force that nub into the diameter hole that's on the tailgate already, but that appears to be larger than what we have. If you do that, you might need a longer push pin assembly to make it work. I recommend finding out the part numbers that Ford offers for the Bronco OEM snubbers and finding out if the longest one would work for your application so that everything mounts up as it was intended OEM to make things easier. The OEM one has just enough rigidity to keep the tire from moving but not so much rigidity as to allow the tire to deflect the aluminum tailgate skin which is not covered by the HB plate.

D4RKNHT

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This doesn’t work. Thinking of getting the turn off-road one. Seems to be well built.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited: