Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The material has been delivered and cut. Will be going through powder coating soon and then will be ready to go out to customers!
Thank you for the update.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The material has been delivered and cut. Will be going through powder coating soon and then will be ready to go out to customers!
Will customer's be notified? I believe I was one of the first to bring attention to this issue :)

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will customer's be notified? I believe I was one of the first to bring attention to this issue :)
We obviously have no idea who purchased the kits that actually had Sasquatch and who were unaffected by it. We absolutely appreciate you pointing it out in the first place though! If anybody here has Sasquatch and needs the updated spacers, please reach out to our customer service team at [email protected] and we will make sure it goes out to you immediately.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the sasquatch spacer fix kit. It works fine. There is just barely clearance between the KM3 37" tire and brace, which is perfect.

A few notes:
  • There were no instructions and the parts don't match the sasquatch-specific brace instructions. There is supposed to be 2 thick spacers and 2 thin, but there was 1 thick and 3 thin in the fix kit.
  • However, I found that if the original extra-thin spacer on the lower left is stacked with one of the new thin spacers it is close enough to work.
  • Also, no padding is provided is provided for the new thick spacer, and it doesn't seem possible to remove it from the original spacer, so you have to be OK with no tailgate paint protection.
  • You'll also need an anti-vibration fix for the rear stop lamp, since the gap is now much larger. For now, I used a rubber bumper between the stop lamp arm and tire.
Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly IMG_1348.JPG
Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 1694989811937

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the sasquatch spacer fix kit. It works fine. There is just barely clearance between the KM3 37" tire and brace, which is perfect.

A few notes:
  • There were no instructions and the parts don't match the sasquatch-specific brace instructions. There is supposed to be 2 thick spacers and 2 thin, but there was 1 thick and 3 thin in the fix kit.
  • However, I found that if the original extra-thin spacer on the lower left is stacked with one of the new thin spacers it is close enough to work.
  • Also, no padding is provided is provided for the new thick spacer, and it doesn't seem possible to remove it from the original spacer, so you have to be OK with no tailgate paint protection.
  • You'll also need an anti-vibration fix for the rear stop lamp, since the gap is now much larger. For now, I used a rubber bumper between the stop lamp arm and tire.
Ford Bronco New Product Spotlight: IAG Tailgate Reinforcement with Upgraded Hinge Assembly 1694989811937
Thank you for the feedback. Quite honestly we wanted to get these into your hands as quickly as we could, so I apologize there was not a specific instruction set for you. I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

If you would like I would be happy to send you some of the padding. This is obviously a mute point for new kits as it will be included, but you are correct that the "add-on" that we sent you specifically did not have it in there.

We will also take a look at the third brake light and see if there is something we can do to improve upon that!

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@IAG Performance Do you guys have an antenna mount for this yet?
Not quite yet. Much of our design and testing team have been integral parts of getting our new powder coating line up and running. Once that is completed (hopefully in the coming weeks) we will be knocking out a bunch of accessories for the X-Brace!

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received my IAG X-Brace tailgate reinforcement for my sas wildtrak and installed today at Adventure Off-road in Tustin, CA. my guys there were having the hardest time adjusting to align the tailgate door to sit flush and close properly (rubs on bottom left of tailgate when shut). Here is what the end result looks like. @IAG Support @IAG Performance any recommendations?

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3885.jpeg

IMG_3884.jpeg

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received my IAG X-Brace tailgate reinforcement for my sas wildtrak and installed today at Adventure Off-road in Tustin, CA. my guys there were having the hardest time adjusting to align the tailgate door to sit flush and close properly (rubs on bottom left of tailgate when shut). Here is what the end result looks like. @IAG Support @IAG Performance any recommendations?
Read earlier in the thread for details and discussion, but you will need to remove the passenger taillight to access the factory adjustment bracket/bolts and center the tailgate. Note that you have to remove the IAG hinge to remove the taillight...

Sponsored

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read earlier in the thread for details and discussion, but you will need to remove the passenger taillight to access the factory adjustment bracket/bolts and center the tailgate. Note that you have to remove the IAG hinge to remove the taillight...
I appreciate you letting me know, bummer that is one long process to get it off again!

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I appreciate you letting me know, bummer that is one long process to get it off again!
The previous poster is correct. Removing the tail light is going to be the next step to adjust the factory mounting points. About 90% of folks I have talked to were able to get everything aligned with out removing the tail light, but unfortunately, if you can't get the alignment where you need it with just the adjustment points at the hinge, you do need to remove the X-brace to get to those bolts behind the tail light.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The previous poster is correct. Removing the tail light is going to be the next step to adjust the factory mounting points. About 90% of folks I have talked to were able to get everything aligned with out removing the tail light, but unfortunately, if you can't get the alignment where you need it with just the adjustment points at the hinge, you do need to remove the X-brace to get to those bolts behind the tail light.
I have followed all of the instructions in this thread to remove the entire brace again and adjust the bolts behind the taillights. I had the shop do this for me with no luck and more money out of my pocket to get this done. There should be better R&D prior to releasing a product this pricy and expecting people to just jerry rig it. I am out install money, and double attempt to install again money, only to now have my previously perfectly aligned tailgate, with your "Sasquatch" X-Brace reinforcement rub against the frame and scrape the paint off the edge of my Bronco. What is your solution @IAG Performance @IAG Support ?

IMG_4124.jpeg

IMG_4123.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have followed all of the instructions in this thread to remove the entire brace again and adjust the bolts behind the taillights. I had the shop do this for me with no luck and more money out of my pocket to get this done. There should be better R&D prior to releasing a product this pricy and expecting people to just jerry rig it. I am out install money, and double attempt to install again money, only to now have my previously perfectly aligned tailgate, with your "Sasquatch" X-Brace reinforcement rub against the frame and scrape the paint off the edge of my Bronco. What is your solution @IAG Performance @IAG Support ?
We are happy to work with the installing shop to get them up to speed on some tips and tricks. One of the most important steps that is often overlooked is making sure the trunk strut is disconnected before trying to adjust the gaps on either side, which is likely what they are missing based on the pictures you posted.

We certainly are not suggesting jerry rigging anything. This is a big install and if it is the first one you have done, it can take some trial and error until you figure out what needs to happen. I actually like to recommend body shops for something like this since panel alignment is what they do day in and day out.

I've already contacted your installer, and am waiting on a call back from their technician!

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are happy to work with the installing shop to get them up to speed on some tips and tricks. One of the most important steps that is often overlooked is making sure the trunk strut is disconnected before trying to adjust the gaps on either side, which is likely what they are missing based on the pictures you posted.

We certainly are not suggesting jerry rigging anything. This is a big install and if it is the first one you have done, it can take some trial and error until you figure out what needs to happen. I actually like to recommend body shops for something like this since panel alignment is what they do day in and day out.

I've already contacted your installer, and am waiting on a call back from their technician!
Solid service reply here ot the orginal poster. it puts trust in you guys for sure.
Sponsored