First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I Picked up my bronco after work on wendsday my dealer is about an hour away. On the way home everything was great. I was over joyed. Until we made a trip to our local Sam's club that is about an hour and a half away as I slowed down coming into town. I heard a ticking or clicking It sounded like a ujoint going out. It would only happen while coasting. With my back ground as a tech I crawled under and went though the usual suspectes looked at the drive shaft the cv joints on the drive shafts. The front axles. Looked for anything that might be loose on the under carriage found nothing obvious. So I decided to take it in to the dealer and see if they could figure it out I mean I've put 900 miles on this thing and have had it for 4 days what's it going to hurt. Well I call my dealer up they tell me to bring it in. I get there and take the tech on a drive he agrees something not right. So I leave it there..the give me a loaner and I wait. That was Monday today the owner of the dealership calls me and says it it in fact the rear end. They told me that during the inspection the found unusual ware on the driver's side axle. The contacted for and sent them pics and ford informed them that it appears a shim or some other part may have been left out. So instead of just sending a the parts needed to fix the current axle they are going to send out a compete axle. With no eta as of today. So as of tomorrow the deer will have had my bronco longer then I have. By the way I am In rual kansas so for me everything is an hour away. And there is only one other bronco in my area so the dealers around me are all very inexperienced with these rigs.

Ps
my bronco is a big bend non sas with the 4.27 locker blend date of 10/12/2022 delivered to the dealer on 11/7 and picked up the evening of 11/9.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s not unusual. If metal shavings were present The time to disassemble clean inspect and reinstall all components and warranty it after the fact. They feel more comfortable replacing the entire unit. It shocks but that is why you have a warranty. At least they are taking care of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quick update as of yesterday the dealer is trying g to order parts but it seems not everything is avalible with no eta on when they will be avalible. So as of right now this saga is on going with no end in sight.

OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's going to be radio silence from @Ford Motor Company. And it appetites I'm they only one that's had a problem with the 4.27 locker to this point. What I fi d funny is that the 4.70 and 4.46 are avlivle through ford parts but not the 4.27
Sponsored