Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparantly you haven't seen the quality of the Jeep Wrangler tops. There is absolutely no reason the hard top on the Bronco couldn't be the same. To automatically expect bad quality, and then accept it does nothing to improve the problem.
I was just going to say why are the Jeep tops so good and the Bronco tops so bad? I actually have no issues with the look of mine(have not inspected thoroughly) but I have noticed more wind noise and a chirping that I did not have on my 12 rubicon hardtop. Why is a top 10 years older so much better?
That is certainly what Ford is hoping for from its Bronco owners! Thatā€™s just the way it is, nothing Ford can do about it, so weā€™ll just have to live with it! Why does Jeep not have the same fit and finish issues with their hardtops?
I have a feeling ford will have to replace all the hardtops within 3 years. This should be their number 1 priority. Why is there so much difference between Jeep and Ford tops?
Sponsored

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes, we all with MIC have that. These are cabin pressure vents, at least that is how I interpret them.
Okay thanks, the cut on them seemed kind of off, not right, so I had thought it was a defect

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i think you guys have unrealistic expectations about how these things should look for the most part. if these are cast parts, they will come out with slight imperfections. to expect otherwise is a little foolish. I'll gladly trade you one of these for my soft top plus cash :)
No thanks, I'll take a wet cardboard box over a trash bag any day of the week. Cast? No. If you could unplug your keyboard, that'd be great.

Anyone out there that lives in a rainy area and hasnā€™t had a leak yet?
No water leaks on mine except when pressure washing front to back above and behind the passenger door. That area is no surprise since I can, quite literally, pass a #2 pencil through the seal there. o_O

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone elseā€™s top have a section in the front window by the back where it looks like itā€™s essentially missing a chunk of the outside rubber? Both sides.

62531D07-0F74-45ED-8C82-40DBFF888D19.jpeg

31AD91F5-41A1-45FE-BB10-B0B7AD5FD942.jpeg
Yes. They all have that. Some worse than others. Gaskets are crap. Stuff some foam or something in there to reduce the wind noise.

1C84D87A-BE1C-4662-8C1E-F54B58E59B58.jpeg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yes, we all with MIC have that. These are cabin pressure vents, at least that is how I interpret them.
The cabin pressure vent is on the tailgate behind the spare, and much larger than this shitty gasket gap. This is just poor design that leads to bad wind noise.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just going to say why are the Jeep tops so good and the Bronco tops so bad? I actually have no issues with the look of mine(have not inspected thoroughly) but I have noticed more wind noise and a chirping that I did not have on my 12 rubicon hardtop. Why is a top 10 years older so much better?

I have a feeling ford will have to replace all the hardtops within 3 years. This should be their number 1 priority. Why is there so much difference between Jeep and Ford tops?
It seems like Ford just say, the hell with it, get 'em out now. The quality of my Jeep top is great. It does have little 'creak" to it when it's below around 40 degrees. It's coming fom the seal between the rear quarters and the top. But, when it warms it it goes away. I know Ford/Webasto can do better, I just don't think they care anymore.

Disclaimer: I dropped the MIC on my order in hopes a little sooner build date. From what I'm hearing about the 2.0 it seems like the soft top better idea now. If I find I want a hard top I'll just have to ante up for an aftermarket version.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Apparantly you haven't seen the quality of the Jeep Wrangler tops. There is absolutely no reason the hard top on the Bronco couldn't be the same. To automatically expect bad quality, and then accept it does nothing to improve the problem.
It boggles the mind what some people come up with or choose to overlook. My Jeep top is perfect.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems like Ford just say, the hell with it, get 'em out now. The quality of my Jeep top is great. It does have little 'creak" to it when it's below around 40 degrees. It's coming fom the seal between the rear quarters and the top. But, when it warms it it goes away. I know Ford/Webasto can do better, I just don't think they care anymore.

Disclaimer: I dropped the MIC on my order in hopes a little sooner build date. From what I'm hearing about the 2.0 it seems like the soft top better idea now. If I find I want a hard top I'll just have to ante up for an aftermarket version.
Webasto makes the Jeep too. How could they be that different?

Have you been to front sight?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Webasto makes the Jeep too. How could they be that different?

Have you been to front sight?
I know Webasto makes the Jeep top. I just can't figure out why they can't make the Bronco top. :)

As far as different the only thing I can figure is Ford's design team cheaped out on materials trying to save money. That's just me thinking, and I have been wrong before. Just ask my wife. lol

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been down this road with Ford before. Had a Mustang GT convertible that leaked; Ford ended up buying it back. I'm having doubts about taking delivery later this year, of a Bronco with a shitty top. The only reason I don't cancel is, there's nothing out there to buy right now. I'm not paying over MSRP for anything, including this Bronco.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as different the only thing I can figure is Ford's design team cheaped out on materials trying to save money. That's just me thinking, and I have been wrong before. Just ask my wife. lol
Might be money, might be weight. I feel like Ford probably engineered themselves into a corner with GVWR, which led both to these compromised roofs and the weird list of things you can't add to a loaded Badlands.

Also worth remembering the Wrangler team has had a long time to smooth over issues like this. Ford will eventually get it right, as long as people keep bitching about it instead of accepting it. That's why I get annoyed at people making excuses for these shitty tops.

I blame Ford more than Webasto. I'm sure Webasto had more than its share of problems, but they were handed a design that was not producible in the quantity and quality that Ford needed.

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't yet ordered my 2.0 top. Dealership had a few new Broncos with the new tops and told me to check them out. When I came back in I told the Bronco guy I would have refused every single one! Broken pieces of panel, snakeskin worse than mine at 6 months old, and the list goes on!

I'm sure they sold them anyway, but any of them had been mine....
Sponsored