Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly stopped reading after "3 inch lift...."
Nah man if you read on, you’d know it clearly can’t be the lift :ROFLMAO:

I’m on a 3” lift from non sas height, but if he’s running that lift on a sas, it’s actually a 4”

It depends on how hot my turbos are. If they’re heated up, I’m not shutting it off until they cool down. According to what @flip found in the service manuals, this is definitely heat related but until I can get it in the shop and inspect the housing
Yeah, no need to do it as soon as it happens. I’m guessing the rack is limping your steering for a lot longer than it takes the turbo to cool. I just want to see if cycling the electronics does the trick.

also, on your lift kit, do you have the sas shocks? And can you verify this is your kit?
https://zoneoffroad.com/products/3-...-sasquatch-only-4-door?variant=39974417629272
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is overheating I wonder if some heat sinks would help it out.

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m trying to get in touch with Zone to verify the sizing of their spacers, but you may want to revise that to a 4” lift :LOL:
Depends on how you want to define it. The Sas package also comes with a heavier front and rear diff that mounts lower to keep the axles level even with the Hoss setup. I’m not sure if the mounting for the steering rack is also lower to keep the tie rods level or not. Is the ground clearance 4” higher than a non-Sas? You bet, 5” with the 37” tires.
I believe the Zone kit actually has 2.5 or 3” spacers on the front and 2” spacers on the back to account for the rake.

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on how you want to define it. The Sas package also comes with a heavier front and rear diff that mounts lower to keep the axles level even with the Hoss setup. I’m not sure if the mounting for the steering rack is also lower to keep the tie rods level or not. Is the ground clearance 4” higher than a non-Sas? You bet, 5” with the 37” tires.
I believe the Zone kit actually has 2.5 or 3” spacers on the front and 2” spacers on the back to account for the rake.
I, along with most who will try to help, will define it as exactly from stock height of the stock platform — not the optional package. Also, that’s not exactly the way spacers are sized in IFS, otherwise you would’ve run into some major issues installing them to say the least.

Either way, I’m pretty sure that’s a 4” which would make sense since a good amount of the reports coming from people breaking stuff are running zone kits too, and why Zone is the only “3in lift kit” to include new UCAs. Their instructions don’t say what size the spacers are.

I’m invested in finding out because im running the Icon 3” spacer kit non-sas on 37s.

also didn’t know the sas package had different front and rear diff mounts… that’s a thing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I, along with most who will try to help, will define it as exactly from stock height of the stock platform — not the optional package. Also, that’s not exactly the way spacers are sized in IFS, otherwise you would’ve run into some major issues installing them to say the least.

Either way, I’m pretty sure that’s a 4” which would make sense since a good amount of the reports coming from people breaking stuff are running zone kits too, and why Zone is the only “3in lift kit” to include new UCAs. Their instructions don’t say what size the spacers are.

I’m invested in finding out because im running the Icon 3” spacer kit non-sas on 37s.

also didn’t know the sas package had different front and rear diff mounts… that’s a thing?
It is on the front for sure. A couple guys tried to use the diff drop kit from Rough Country on their non-sas lift kit with a Sasquatch diff and nothing matched up. They tried to Frankenstien it but I think they eventually pulled the whole thing off and went back to the factory mount. The thread is on here somewhere.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is on the front for sure. A couple guys tried to use the diff drop kit from Rough Country on their non-sas lift kit with a Sasquatch diff and nothing matched up. They tried to Frankenstien it but I think they eventually pulled the whole thing off and went back to the factory mount. The thread is on here somewhere.
You must be talking about BigMeats. Seems he clarified that Ford likely did not change the mounts (I can actually verify as I have a buddy with sas, but I would concur since Ford would do everything to avoid this for production simplification)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rc-diff-drop-kit-arrived.33003/post-1116229

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zone got back, said that’s “proprietary information” like someone can’t just buy the kit, measure it with a caliper, and return it.

Judging how they have a 3” lift marked for sas shocks and a 4” lift for non sas, I’m gonna assume youre running a 4” lift, which is the highest I’ve ever seen without welding in a new crossmember. Even Rough Country only goes up to 3.5” without a drop bracket.
Sponsored

Last edited: