Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This ?
A very interesting take on this very interesting shit show.
So interesting that I can't find a flaw in the logic:
Your res number holds your place no matter what dealer you choose
Your res number dictates build date (with like vehicles) so in theory you should get it at the same time (within reason) no matter the dealer
So what did I miss?:unsure:
I questioned this in another thread a couple of days ago and someone insisted there isn't one long line. There are about 3000 lines and changing dealers only matters in the line you are in. I wasn't totally convinced, but let it go.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, this bit of info is news to me. If this is true, then I could be impacted by recently switching to Stephens since my reservation # is around Day 7. Obviously I want a low hassle great deal but there is something special about being one of the early birds for the Bronco. I would love to verify this somewhere. Would a call to Stephans or Granger confirm? Maybe Ford site where this is listed?

Also, can someone explain the estimated time between Wave 1 and Wave 2? If I am in Wave 2, just how long of an additional wait from Wave 1 would that be? I am surprised why more people are not concerned with this. This concerns me much more than losing X plan...
I'm not sure what size dealer Stephens is. I know Granger is small. If Stephens is a fairly big dealer with a lot of reservations and also have strong SUV sales and you're in the first 50% of their reservations, you'll probably get into the first wave. I'm not sure if it's been stated how far apart consecutive waves are, but they are apparently much smaller than the initial wave. If you are in the 2nd 50% is when the wait will get longer the further back you are line. If Stephens is smaller, the wait could be very long.
I agree that more people should be concerned about this. Seems, they're worried about saving a little money more than they care about when they get their Bronco. That will probably change when they realize we still have 8-9 months before Broncos even start showing up and they still need to wait past then.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BRONCO NATION = TOM WITH GREG SPRINKLES

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve only read the first couple pages, I’ll try to get through it later today.

I seriously don’t understand wanting to change dealers. Is it to try and get a better deal?

Also, why is everybody so upset with Ford? I thought the real problem was Covid creating shortages across-the-board for virtually all the suppliers of Ford.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve only read the first couple pages, I’ll try to get through it later today.

I seriously don’t understand wanting to change dealers. Is it to try and get a better deal?

Also, why is everybody so upset with Ford? I thought the real problem was Covid creating shortages across-the-board for virtually all the suppliers of Ford.
Yes, to get a better deal. Ford dealers are notorious for price gouging on new models. Way worse than say BMW.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m happy to hear that those who made the switch have a second chance to find a better deal now that final selection has been moved to end of January considering B&P missed its promised deadline.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, to get a better deal. Ford dealers are notorious for price gouging on new models. Way worse than say BMW.
ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markups) I've encountered those Stealers in the past, I refuse to deal with them. I always target Dealers known to actually DEAL. I start at under Hold-Back and usually end up at or just a little over Hold-Back. If they use the BS of "It's a hot vehicle" "short supply" or even has to be "MSRP"...I walk Too much competition for my $$$.

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't this an opportunity for dealers that were not committed to start trying to attract local customers? There has to be a dealer in New England that wants to copy Steven's model. I never cared about under invoice pricing, just wanted to understand the deal. For what it is worth, I have had more communication since I switched to Stevens then the whole time sine ordering with my local. Until I switched of course, then I got a call. I think I have picked my horse, and at this point it is up to Ford to either keep me or loose me. I really want a Bronco, but I don't want a hassle and this rollout is pretty awful.

ah64aviator

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your reservation is before Sept 18th, you should make the 21 cut. A new reservation will guarantee you will end up with a 22 sometime in 2022.
Agreed. I'm OK with that.

Sponsored

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No point in switching dealers now that there is no X-Plan, all of them say they won’t add markup but could easily do it anyway. Just gotta roll the dice. The ones with deep discounts getting lots of orders are unlikely to get those orders all at once, so you’ll be in for a wait, sticking with your original dealer and not switching is probably your fastest possible delivery, do you really expect you’ll get a bronco before other people who were reserved at that dealer first? Unless they’re getting late availability options I doubt it.

Dealer switching is only a bargaining tool, don’t use it too early.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

goes by reservation date to fulfil orders I am good no matter what I do.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADM (Adjusted Dealer Markups) I've encountered those Stealers in the past, I refuse to deal with them. I always target Dealers known to actually DEAL. I start at under Hold-Back and usually end up at or just a little over Hold-Back. If they use the BS of "It's a hot vehicle" "short supply" or even has to be "MSRP"...I walk Too much competition for my $$$.
This will probably not be the case with the Bronco being a new vehicle with “limited” supply and now no dealer Xplan pricing. You will only be able to get one for a reasonable Previously agreed upon price with a reservation otherwise everything on the lot will be marked up for the first year and going to a competitor won’t help.

Seant

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let's get a shipment to FL organized .. has to be enough of us locally to make it happen. I resereved on July 27th 8am. Waiting an additional week or 2 if needed does not bother me at all.
In Jax here, where are you ordering from?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's hard to put my finger on the seemingly never ending common thread here...
82F85567-3F14-4D34-92F4-78CA08A89C29.gif
Agreed. Dealers, who don't build anything, think they can charge whatever they want and navigate back channel on buyers. It's the age old battle at play right before us. Dealer vs Buyer.
Sponsored