Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wondering if anyone knew or if there are rumors regarding any major changes on the next 4runner.

Saw it mentioned in another thread but didn't want to muck it up.

I'm a Ford guy so the Bronco is for me but I'm hoping that the Bronco does good and maybe some day we will see a removable roof 4Runner again.

Any rumblings on that?

Maybe if the Bronco does VERY well we may even see another iteration of the FJ!
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wondering if anyone knew or if there are rumors regarding any major changes on the next 4runner.

I'm a Ford guy so the Bronco is for me but I'm hoping that the Bronco does good and maybe some day we will see a removable roof 4Runner again.

Any rumblings on that?

No idea what Toyota’s plans are but if Toyota made a removable top, manual transmission 4Runner or FJ with a new, more powerful motor option or tunable turbo, I might not be here. I’ve had an old 22re pickup, 91 4Runner and 95 Corolla lol. Also had 2014 Rav4, 2015 Camry and now an 18 Camry Hybrid as fleet cars. I like Toyota’s. They don’t break but they sure are boring!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No idea what Toyota’s plans are but if Toyota made a removable top, manual transmission 4Runner or FJ with a new, more powerful motor option or tunable turbo, I might not be here. I’ve had an old 22re pickup, 91 4Runner and 95 Corolla lol. Also had 2014 Rav4, 2015 Camry and now an 18 Camry Hybrid as fleet cars. I like Toyota’s. They don’t break but they sure are boring!
Yeah, I like our 4Runner, reliable, comfortable, but rather uninspiring.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Any rumblings on that?

Only that the next generation is pushed back to 2022 meaning dont expect seeing it for at least another 18-24 months

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Next Gen 4runner EAC8520A-B26B-4D6D-87BA-6C4E9086D38C

Take it for what it’s worth. But this looks very believable.

Sponsored

just972

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I truly love my 2019 4runner. This is the 3rd one I've owned and I have never been disappointed on the road or on the trail. The reliability is amazing- however I want a vehicle with removable top and doors with similar reliability. The jeep is completely out of the picture because of that. I agree with DrewBronc21 that if the 4 runner had these options I would not be here. I just can't wait for two years down the road with some real world data- then I will hopefully be ordering a new Bronco to replace my 4runner.

OP
OP
Randy92Fox

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I truly love my 2019 4runner. This is the 3rd one I've owned and I have never been disappointed on the road or on the trail. The reliability is amazing- however I want a vehicle with removable top and doors with similar reliability. The jeep is completely out of the picture because of that. I agree with DrewBronc21 that if the 4 runner had these options I would not be here. I just can't wait for two years down the road with some real world data- then I will hopefully be ordering a new Bronco to replace my 4runner.
Maybe the success of the new Bronco will inspire Toyota to take the top off the 4runner or bring back some sort of an FJ ?

bob knox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I can't remember where I read this, but I heard Toyota is going to pause the Land Cruiser and retool the brand back to basic FJ40/60 style rugged trucks. A $90k Land Cruiser is not relevant anymore. It's not flashy/new money like a G-Wagon, and it's not affordable like a Jeep. The FJ Cruiser was a bit of a cartoon character so I hope they don't use that as a foundation.

-Bob K.

battlebornNV

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
a new 4runner with some of the fj features, like the flat windshield, would do very well- especially if they make it a bit larger than the current 4runner and it gets good gas mileage.

L1011

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't remember where I read this, but I heard Toyota is going to pause the Land Cruiser and retool the brand back to basic FJ40/60 style rugged trucks.
-Bob K.
I read this as well, but who know when, if ever, it'll arrive. The current Land Cruiser is simply too expensive for what it is. Yes, it's capable and all that, but pushing $90k is just insane. Even if I had that kind of money, I still wouldn't buy one.

I really hope Toyota looks at the success of the current Wrangler and the inevitable success of the new Bronco, and moves forward with a competitor. I'd be very, very interested in replacing my 4R with a Toyota Wrangler :)
Sponsored