Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly this is probably the best way to handle it. Talk your dealer into giving you a jar of touch up paint to do it, then you'll have extra on hand for rock chips and such.

FWIW that probably meets Ford's allowable defects per mm of weld. Plus their structural CAE analysis should account for the weakest weld, so this joint will be as safe as intended.

I’m just going to seam seal it and touch it up.

MedicJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did they do, allow a five year old weld the truck? That is a horrible weld. I would request it to be fixed or a new truck depending on what they say they can do for it.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wrong. It's meltback through the top plate.
Screenshot_20211102-122220_Chrome.jpg
I just discovered this behind the front drivers side wheel...is this bad paint job or weld residue? Hopefully Ford will correct this!

Bronco Paint Flaw.jpg

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what that weld should look like:

Ford Bronco Nice weld! 20211212_123110

It's nearly the same on the other side.

Ford Bronco Nice weld! 20211212_123136

And it doesn't look like it was welded by a 5 year old with a cheap glue gun anywhere.

Ford Bronco Nice weld! 20211212_123149

It's not custom fabrication quality or race shop quality, but it is certainly a world apart from that other abomination that the Ford apologists said, "This is fine... Looks great to me". I am beginning to think that I may have actually gotten very lucky across many fronts with my individual Bronco.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just discovered this behind the front drivers side wheel...is this bad paint job or weld residue? Hopefully Ford will correct this!

Ford Bronco Nice weld! 20211212_123149
Hard to tell what it is, but my guess is paint issue, since it's on the door too.

charlengifford

Base
First Name
Charlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just a terrible job, man! I believe that the person who was engaged in this should be dismissed immediately. The dude simply ruined the reputation of the company or service for which he works. That's when you start to encounter such unprofessional employees, you begin to understand why it is so important to engage in a thorough search for quality employees. I know what I'm talking about, because I myself begin with MIG welding. Now I can say with full confidence that I have enough skills so that I can easily cope with such a task.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's just a terrible job, man! I believe that the person who was engaged in this should be dismissed immediately.
Considering it was likely a robot, especially if it's seam sealer.

But I get you, here in 2022 nobody needs to learn a craft through experience. First time perfect every time, or you're fired.

Good news is that we're offshoring all our labor like crazy or replacing humans with robots, so the modern American ideal of a perfect product 100% of the time can be realized across all manufacturing sectors.

aa63757c9f6f9bcdaead03077b11e455.jpg
Sponsored