Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll start this off with part of this is my fault. I have the adaptive cruise control module blocked, and might have one of my parking sensors messed up. More on that later. But even with these, I should be able to go into setup and switch to normal cruise control, but its acting like it will only do adaptive. Here's a pic showing its set to normal and when I try to set cruise it throws an error.
Ford Bronco No manual cruise control! 20220801_141332

Anyone have any idea how to fix this, or have seen it? I'm currently in Maine and have to drive back to Missouri in a few days. It worked most of the way here, just stopped around new jersey. Didnt realize how much I would miss cruise control until its gone.

Extra info: Added winch to bumper causing acc and parking sensor relocation, then added prerunner bar which now blocks relocated acc. I'm going to put the acc back when I get home.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It specifically says adaptive cruise isn't available, so regardless of whether you choose normal cruise control or not, it should just be plain old fashioned cruise control.

Did you actually try to test it?

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It specifically says adaptive cruise isn't available, so regardless of whether you choose normal cruise control or not, it should just be plain old fashioned cruise control.

Did you actually try to test it?
Thats the error I get when I try to engage the normal cruise control.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you should be able to turn of ACC in the touchscreen options. I don't see where you attempted that. I could be wrong though, it happens....I'm old

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the emergency braking functions off as well?

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you should be able to turn of ACC in the touchscreen options. I don't see where you attempted that. I could be wrong though, it happens....I'm old
Thats the screen on the right. I have it on normal not adaptive.

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno, try the old "remove the cable from the negative battery terminal for a bit" trick?

Barring that, seems like something is wrong beyond that blocked sensor. You should definitely be able to use "normal" cruise control.

Last edited:

Jgiss

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
running into the same issue. My ACC is unplugged currently but unable to use cruise control as normal. Super weird. Any fix to it?

OP
OP
bmclain

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never found a resolution. After unblocking the ACC module and driving a lot of miles, it cleared the error. I do still sometimes get the blocked message, but typically clears quick enough that I can still use the non-adaptive cruise. I wasn't sure if there was a separate fuse for ACC. Was thinking about trying to pull it.

Sponsored

GrizzlyPete

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies for jumping on an old thread, but I just bought a 2023 Badlands LUX that had an aftermarket bumper w/winch installed. Within 5 miles I started getting this error and can’t get it to clear. The person that did the mod just zip-tied the sensor to the grill. I bought and mounted it to a relocation bracket, but it didn’t solve the problem. Did you go back to the factory bumper and sensor location? Did you do anything special to clear the error?

Last edited:

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Apologies for jumping on an old thread, but I just bought a 2023 Badlands LUX that had an aftermarket bumper w/winch installed. Within 5 miles I started getting this error and can’t get it to clear. The person that did the mod just zip-tied the sensor to the grill. I bought and mounted it to a relocation bracket, but it didn’t solve the problem. Did you go back to the factory bumper and sensor location? Did you do anything special to clear the error?
you’ll probably need to do a recalibration of the acc sensor, which can be done through forscan. You could also disable acc with forscan so the system isn’t looking for the acc sensor.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Re-enable ACC and braking in menu. The sensor alignment is critical. The error will continue to be reported if the sensor is incorrectly aligned.

It needs to be within +/-3degrees horizontal (forscan can check horizontal alignment using "calibration", but use that as last resort because high risk). Use a yardstick along front of bronco to compare.

The sensor is supposed to be 90.0 degrees vertical (straight ahead), but since relocation bracket is higher it will probably work better pointed slightly downward 1.5-2 degrees. You have to measure the non-raised part of the sensor using digital level (or perhaps phone app). In my case, 90 degrees resulted in errors and flakey ACC, but 1.5 down works well.
Sponsored