No manual with mid-package

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Can you create a poll to see how many people were wanting a mid or high package with a manual transmission? It would be nice to see the numbers.
Or how many people would have gotten manual transmission if they could get the 2.7L engine. I personally wanted that combination more than the packages.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Clubs

Or how many people would have gotten manual transmission if they could get the 2.7L engine. I personally wanted that combination more than the packages.
I’m sure a lot would have, but the difference here is there is zero reason mechanically that they couldn’t offer this to us, unlike the manual/2.7 combo.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
On a badlands, but what about the rest of the trims?
Well, obviously you can't with the Wildtrack because it's automatic transmission only.

But you do ask a good question, now I'm curious. I'm going to check it out.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Could be a glitch, it's not charging for the automatic transmission upgrade

PTown_Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Krista
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Clubs

I'm glad you started this thread and I hope Ford is paying attention... they're going to price me out forcing me to go up to a Badlands to get a manual with mid and I was willing to continue to be patient with their shenanigans, but if they don't fix it, I'm now willing to walk away.

Rebel Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD offroad
Clubs

This is unacceptable. Did they roll out a fucked up B&P just because there was so much complaint about it? Are the complainers happy now?

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Vehicle Showcase
I landed on Bronco because Mini is doing away with manual transmissions in the largest models, which I require. Not ready to give up on manual transmissions yet...did that once and went back to it.
Automatic on Countryman JCW 2020 is fantastic!

Squidma

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Clubs

Automatic on Countryman JCW 2020 is fantastic!
I'm sure it is a great automatic transmission. I've also been told that the Ford/GM 10 speed automatic is a great automatic transmission. A great automatic transmission is not a replacement for a manual transmission in my world. I want what I want.

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Clubs

Yep, as soon as I saw the screenshot regarding Badland requirement I started pricing Manny Tacomas/Gladiators. I'm not canceling my 2nd day reservation yet, but I'm pretty close. There's too many "small" problems mounting up. It feels like they should've gone w/ a MY '22 release (late fall 21). That's one big miss instead of ton of small ones (no ManSquatch/yes ManSquatch, no white tops/wait on color tops, late availability items galore, etc)

Advertisement

Advertisement