Sponsored

No Mid Package or above with CoPilot 360 - Does the Bronco feel safe?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ugh that stinks. i just want them auto dimming, not completely automated high beam control. If I’m manually using the high beams, will it still auto dim, or only when in autonomous high beam mode?
You have to turn "on" the auto high beam feature by turning on high beams, turning on again to cycle through selections. I believe they work very well and they appear to be speed sensitive in that they will dim if you are under 35 mph and no oncoming traffic, or it's my imagination
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, heated but not ventilated. At the end of the day, heated seats were more important to me than other features as were wash-out floors and MGV. To each their own, but BD with Mid had everything I wanted without the bullshit I didn't really care about.
To me the most important feature was heated steering wheel but had to go Lux to get it. Any other vehicle on the planet offers a cold weather package that includes heated steering without having to get all the parking assist crap

MJedi209

Black Diamond
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopars
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me the most important feature was heated steering wheel but had to go Lux to get it. Any other vehicle on the planet offers a cold weather package that includes heated steering without having to get all the parking assist crap
True...

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 96 Bronco doesn't even have stability control, and it is a beast in the snow 🤷‍♂️ Super fun too, especially when you kick out the rear.

If I could delete all the nanny features and save a few bucks, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is correct. The high beams turn off for oncoming traffic then turn back on once the traffic has cleared.
Unfortunately, they also turn off for a lot of street signs just like my dad's 92 Town Car did so I turned it off. It could be a nice feature but it was just so busy with all the false positives.

My first car was a 1990 Mustang. I know how to drive. That’s not the point though. When you are used to something, your used to it. My last 3 cars have had all the new safety tech. Some are nice. Some are not. Just asking how the Bronco owners felt without it. Well, at least BD and below without CoPilot360.
It's funny you mention getting used to things because I find BLIS distracting (even in car mirrors beside me) and I wonder if a person gets used to that feature then drives a rental car without it, are they more at risk for changing lanes into somebody because no light told them not to?

Sponsored

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello All,

For those without CoPilot 360, does the Bronco feel safe while driving? Or do you feel safe while driving it? Maybe I’m to used to all the new safety tech in modern Vehicles.
I always feel safe no matter what I'm driving, because I'm a safe driver.

If you don't feel completely confident unless you have a system of safety nets in place to intervene on your behalf, then I highly recommend that you spend whatever money is necessary to have those systems. Your life, or the life of others on the road may literally depend on it.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't feel completely confident unless you have a system of safety nets in place to intervene on your behalf, then I highly recommend that you spend whatever money is necessary to have those systems. Your life, or the life of others on the road may literally depend on it.
Good point!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh dear! Oh my stars! How did I ever drive a three-speed manual Pinto during college without an assistive driving device?

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh dear! Oh my stars! How did I ever drive a three-speed manual Pinto during college without an assistive driving device?
Same way you OBX comes with all the safety features. :cautious:

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I consider myself a safe driver but of course you can't count on your fellow drivers being safe drivers, also when you reach a certain age when you are joining the ranks of Medicare your reflexes and eyesight aren't what they use to be so having the extra technology makes me feel that much safer.

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does it come with that stupid back passenger sensor?
Ya know, in case you forget your kid is back there.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Best piece of safety equipment available is between the driver’s ears. Don’t text. Don’t tailgate. Eyes on path. Check mirrors.

Own it and drive deliberately and you’ll be good.

I would’ve loved to get all that safety tech in my bronco, but not at the cost of a $10k jump to a Badlands that I don’t need.

So instead, I’m going to be the best operator I can.
“Be a attentive driver” is good advice but silly when undermining features designed to aid both careful and careless drivers.

I do my best to pay attention on the road but our Tiguan spared me at least twice from rear ending someone via the collision warning.

It’s like saying people wouldn’t need these damn airbags if they’d pay attention and stop getting into accidents. Yes it’s a built for purpose vehicle but these Broncos will be doing their share of school drop offs and I appreciate anything Ford is willing to build into it.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first car was a 1990 Mustang. I know how to drive. That’s not the point though. When you are used to something, your used to it. My last 3 cars have had all the new safety tech. Some are nice. Some are not. Just asking how the Bronco owners felt without it. Well, at least BD and below without CoPilot360.
Crotchety keyboard warriors love to answer questions that weren't asked with their overly compensated opinions from the perch of an old soap box. I am curious too. Thank the lord, I have only been in 1 at fault accident that didn't cause any harm or damage but I still think the auto braking in my current vehicle has saved me once or twice.

For the record I learned to drive in a 95 Bronco. I also learned basic maintenance on it because it broke religiously at least once a month.
Sponsored