First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey y’all, been driving my 4 door non sas for a few months with the updated suspension. (Sasquatch take odds with eibach pro springs replaced). I do have 35” tires on it as well. Am I gaining any lift or comfort by replacing them with the Ford performance coil overs, or even the eibach pro truck coil overs? Definitely seems like a rabbit hole to me.
Ford Bronco Non sas 4 door suspension question! 626545F5-FA7C-4579-B76E-3854E2A3119E
Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The smaller differential and aluminum rack is going to make it ride like shit, IMO. That was the case for me in my 21 OB when I swapped out a SAS suspension.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Eibach Pro Truck coilovers are adjustable. I just installed them on my ‘24 BD non SAS. The front adjusters are about halfway up and the rear are only about 1/4 of the way up. I plan to lower it a bit. I’m running true 35” tires. Your tires do not appear to be a full 35” tall. Maybe just an optical illusion idk. I feel it’s a better option than the Ford Performance setup.
Ford Bronco Non sas 4 door suspension question! IMG_8122

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The smaller differential and aluminum rack is going to make it ride like shit, IMO. That was the case for me in my 21 OB when I swapped out a SAS suspension.
????? How would either affect ride? And all the racks are aluminum.

Mine rides great.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol you’re referencing a thread I started. Still nothing to do with how it rides.
Dude you got me then. 🤷

I just know that I swapped out hitachis for Sasquatch billsteins from a SAS Badlands on my 21 nonsas OBX. After adding sas takeoff wheels and tires, it rode like shit. To the point that I dropped $1500 on swapping out the Goodyear tires for BFG'S, which were a good improvement, but still had plenty of vibration. Road force balanced the old and new tires too, on 3 separate occasions, but still had vibration. I finally threw my hands up, moved to a SAS Badlands, and that truck rides nice and smooth. No vibrations, unlike my "wanna be" SAS setup. I'm chalking up the vibrations from my 21 nonsas OBX to the weaker axles and deflection in the aluminum diff.​

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude you got me then. 🤷

I just know that I swapped out hitachis for Sasquatch billsteins from a SAS Badlands on my 21 nonsas OBX. After adding sas takeoff wheels and tires, it rode like shit. To the point that I dropped $1500 on swapping out the Goodyear tires for BFG'S, which were a good improvement, but still had plenty of vibration. Road force balanced the old and new tires too, on 3 separate occasions, but still had vibration. I finally threw my hands up, moved to a SAS Badlands, and that truck rides nice and smooth. No vibrations, unlike my "wanna be" SAS setup. I'm chalking it up the vibrations from my 21 nonsas OBX to the weaker axles and deflection in the aluminum diff.​
Something was wrong with the OBX doubtful it was caused by a Ford engineered lift. But you got rid of it so got rid of the problem. Could have been one of a half-dozen causes and sometimes hard to diagnose.

OP
OP

RedBeard-421

Black Diamond
First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Eibach Pro Truck coilovers are adjustable. I just installed them on my ‘24 BD non SAS. The front adjusters are about halfway up and the rear are only about 1/4 of the way up. I plan to lower it a bit. I’m running true 35” tires. Your tires do not appear to be a full 35” tall. Maybe just an optical illusion idk. I feel it’s a better option than the Ford Performance setup.
They may not be a “true” 35”. They’re the Kenda klever. Website says like a 34.8” or so…. I do forget that the Ford performance aren’t adjustable. Reckon there’s a reason why I see so many broncos with the eibach adjustable ones.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The smaller differential has absolutely 0 to do with how it is going ride. I am not sure what you mean by aluminum rack either, as all the steering racks are aluminum (including the Wildtrak and Raptor).

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude you got me then. 🤷

I just know that I swapped out hitachis for Sasquatch billsteins from a SAS Badlands on my 21 nonsas OBX. After adding sas takeoff wheels and tires, it rode like shit. To the point that I dropped $1500 on swapping out the Goodyear tires for BFG'S, which were a good improvement, but still had plenty of vibration. Road force balanced the old and new tires too, on 3 separate occasions, but still had vibration. I finally threw my hands up, moved to a SAS Badlands, and that truck rides nice and smooth. No vibrations, unlike my "wanna be" SAS setup. I'm chalking up the vibrations from my 21 nonsas OBX to the weaker axles and deflection in the aluminum diff.​
Yeah the differential is not going to make a difference.

What may have made a difference is you got suspension made for a much heavier BL on your lightweight OBX. So your springs were too stiff, resulting in a rough ride.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The smaller differential has absolutely 0 to do with how it is going ride. I am not sure what you mean by aluminum rack either, as all the steering racks are aluminum (including the Wildtrak and Raptor).
You're right on the racks, my confusion. There's too many HOSS variants!

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the differential is not going to make a difference.

What may have made a difference is you got suspension made for a much heavier BL on your lightweight OBX. So your springs were too stiff, resulting in a rough ride.
Quite possible. It's now the new owners problem to deal with, whoever that may be. I had a GMC dealer over pay for my truck, thinking it was a factory SAS. 🤷

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quite possible. It's now the new owners problem to deal with, whoever that may be. I had a GMC dealer over pay for my truck, thinking it was a factory SAS. 🤷
The new owner can get some bash plates, steps, hitch, and McDonald's wrappers in the back and probably get it to ride nice 👍

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A perfect height. Well done sir.
Sponsored