Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Tacoma TRD PreRunner, 2018 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I believe I have located the problem. The lower pipe on the radiator reservoir is disconnected and the clamp is halfway down the pipe. It appears that it took approximately 30+ miles for it to unseat itself and the coolant to leak out. Luckily I was just backing in to the house when it let go.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skunkape24

Skunkape24

Everglades
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Just came back from the dealer, I was right. The reconnected the hose, refilled the coolant and checked everything else. Still love the truck and happy to have it back home!

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good find
There've been a lot of loose hose-clamps and un-sprung especially in the '21 models. Your dealer PDI should've caught it but some dealers are lazy

What do we expect when Farley keeps sprinkling/snorting the EV fairy dust that all our ICE models will soon be dinosaurs. We should expect build integrity and quality control ?
As complicated as they are making these things from electronics to the engines EV's may not be a bad way to go. Reading about 10k transmission repairs, turbo failures, etc. They have really overcomplicated engines in order to squeeze out a few extra miles per gallon. They need to just put 5.0s in everything and call it a day. Might not get the same mileage, but at least you wouldnt worry about any crazy repairs.

Op..glad they got you taken care of.

OP
OP
Skunkape24

Skunkape24

Everglades
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

As complicated as they are making these things from electronics to the engines EV's may not be a bad way to go. Reading about 10k transmission repairs, turbo failures, etc. They have really overcomplicated engines in order to squeeze out a few extra miles per gallon. They need to just put 5.0s in everything and call it a day. Might not get the same mileage, but at least you wouldnt worry about any crazy repairs.
Very true.

Camp Hell Yeah.

Everglades
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Tover
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Still waiting on pics of this beauty. Still waiting on my Everglades to arrive.

Just came back from the dealer, I was right. The reconnected the hose, refilled the coolant and checked everything else. Still love the truck and happy to have it back home!

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What was the cause of each?
First one was a June 2021 build with the infamous unsecured hose rubbing the AC pulley. Second Bronco had a small hose pop off the heat exchanger near the passenger side turbo. I had just finished Top of the World in Moab. Popped it back on and added a little water and it's been fine but it doesn't inspire confidence.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bummer, sorry you have to go through this. Download the OCD delivery checklist and go through jt.

Made with pride in the USA...
Good to see all that money going to UAW workers is being put to good use....

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Maybe it was built on Friday. Didnā€™t they decide even though they had to show up after working 32 hours, it didnā€™t mean they had to actually had to give a crap.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stuff happens. We are all Godā€™s children -none of us perfect. Ford knows this and has a warranty for exactly this sort of thing. Sounds like they got you squared away so rest peacefully. If youā€™re anything like me, youā€™re going to love your new Bronco all the same.

In the year Iā€™ve owned mine, Iā€™ve had a seat belt malfunction, a pinion seal leak and the hood decal started bubbling. All three items were quickly taken care of by Ford. No complaints.

BTW - love your ā€˜Glades!! I really dig the Bronco snorkel design. So much so - I bought all the parts and added one to my 2Dr Wildtrak.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the culprit, the hose was just pressed on and the clamp wasn't secure enough to keep in place under pressure.

Ford Bronco Not going to believe this! Coolant leak with 56 miles on odometer 20240203_104215

Ford Bronco Not going to believe this! Coolant leak with 56 miles on odometer 20240203_104215

Wow, that's crazy to see that the hose was left unclamped. Also pretty cool to see the different intake & windshield fluid reservoir setup on the everglades.
Sponsored