Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to the dealership today, as I expected to be rolled over to a 2023 order and wanted to fill out any required paperwork.
I met with the sales manager and she informed me I was indeed being rolled over to a 2023 production. She printed out a order summary - I’m guessing transferred from my previous order (which contained incorrect options information)

She informed me if I wanted to make any changes to do so a this time, which I did. I asked if I was eligible for price protection and she stated, I was. I then asked her if the price protection still applied if I switched from Badlands to Wildtrack, she said that would negate my price protection. I asked if there was paperwork that needed to be completed at this time for the price protection and she said this would be done when I come in to finalize my purchase.

She printed me out a new order summary which contained my original sales & order codes and accurately reflected the option changes (SAS and tow package) BUT… now had priority code 99! I asked her about this priority code and she said she would update it as soon as she was permitted to do so.

I then asked, “is that it? Nothing to sign? Anything I need to do on my end?” She said nope, that’s it.

My questions are
- am I supposed to be priority code 99?
- should there have been paperwork to sign?
- when would the priority code be authorized to be changed?
Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that all 2023 orders are slotted a 99 code until manufacturing actually begins. Because as of right now, there are no dates to be slotted for building.

I could be wrong as it has happened before.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My DORA print out shows me as priority 10. I was 19 for MY22. You don't have to sign anything unless you have a purchase order (price) agreement or a down payment. I don't have either. My dealer had me sign the DORA, but I'm not 100% if that needs to be done. When its entered you should be priority 10-19 and you will get an email from Ford stating your order has been updated for MY23.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 99% sure that adding SAS negates your price protection FYI.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

She should have made a copy of your drivers license for the COVP customer ID process.

Sponsored

finpnw

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3, Ford 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My questions are
- am I supposed to be priority code 99?
- should there have been paperwork to sign?
- when would the priority code be authorized to be changed?
Similar question here on priority codes. My Nov 2021 order was priority 10. I signed a new DORA last week for 2023 with priority code 99. When I asked about it I was told they'll change the codes 'when they can'. It also isn't clear to me reading the traffic here whether converting to 23 triggers a new 'order received' email from Ford. I haven't received a new one, but I also didn't change my order at all. The whole process is somewhat confusing but I guess it was never designed to be easy for the customer to understand :)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should not be a 99, period. Maybe she is waiting for a COVP to be approved but I would definitely reach out and ask for a confirmation from Program HQ if you already did COVP. I wouldn't let this go.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My updated DORA shows PC 19. Also your dealer should be asking for a copy of your drivers license for COVP.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My DORA print out shows me as priority 10. I was 19 for MY22. You don't have to sign anything unless you have a purchase order (price) agreement or a down payment. I don't have either. My dealer had me sign the DORA, but I'm not 100% if that needs to be done. When its entered you should be priority 10-19 and you will get an email from Ford stating your order has been updated for MY23.
I'm priority code 10 as well. No major changes in my order and I've yet to receive an email from Ford confirming the order that was changed on the 22nd.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I continue to be amazed by the amount of people who walk into this cold without taking 5 minutes to educate themselves on the process. It is mind boggling.

I mean, I even highlighted the most important parts so it can be quickly skimmed in 30seconds and the critical info is still conveyed.

Last edited:

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm priority code 10 as well. No major changes in my order and I've yet to receive an email from Ford confirming the order that was changed on the 22nd.
I'd call/chat Ford up and see what they have for your order. Don't trust the dealer. The dealer/sales never called me to update my order for MY23. When I came in he asked if someone called me... ah, no, but I know better... You should have gotten the email if the dealer did what they were supposed to, but maybe it got dumped as spam for some reason. I haven't heard that happening to anyone else though.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer tried to pull the same thing with me. I suggest you physically go there and get an updated dora with the correct priority code.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I continue to be amazed by the people who walk into this cold without taking 5 minutes to educate themselves on the process. It is mind boggling.
I think the onus is on Ford to educate their customers with the realistic expectations. They should have released a flow chart at the very least, to show customers how the process works from reservation to delivery and title process.

Plus Ford should have had a resolution mechanism for customers who had dealerships going rogue.

An educated customer is an easy customer to satisfy, since they know what needs to be done to complete a sales process, and therefore stymie unscrupulous dealerships.

MrJimbo

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As I understand it all orders not built in MY22 were set to PC99. Once the COVP process is completed and validated by Ford the PC is set to 10-19. Any orders still in 99 status on November 21st will be cancelled. The COVP process involves the dealer taking a copy of your drivers license and sending that, along with your order info, to Ford.
Sponsored