First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2023 OBX non-SAS, lux. I don't plan on taking it off road, and liked having more options of wheels, tires and lift.
I had the dealership do the lift, wheels & tires before I took possession. That's not the cheapest option, but was easiest and didn't affect the warranty.
Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious as to those who are reporting gas mileage whether they have:
1. Used Forscan to change tire size.
2. Did the calculation ((35/32)x screen_MPG) = real MPG
Example (35/32)X17 = 18.59 actual MPG.

If I were just putting 35s on it, and getting rid of the 32s... I'd at least spend the $700 on the rear eLocker. That makes the final drive ratio closer to that of what would be on it with stock 32s and a 3.73 diff.

However, if it were me planning on 35s... I'd get SAS.

A good compromise -- get some fat 33s, and an eLocker.
Maybe -- 33” LT285/70R17... but then you have to buy the tires!

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m going through the same question and have focused in on an aftermarket comparison.

I’ve been researching the Belltech full coilover system w/rear sway bar for more stable towing which appears designed primarily for onroad use. The bell tech —4” lift w/rear sway bar comes in at ~$2200? Add in $800 for install so $3000 for suspension upgrade.

https://jeepandtruckparts.com/produ...xtc6C7Dd3UgI_5mlu0dR5kv1HtUWI_NoaArNQEALw_wcB

Wheels and tires, I’m not a fan of the Sasquatch wheels and tires so either way I would go after market. I’ll estimate you could get ~$500 more for the sas wheels and tires, so ~$3500 for the bell tech option vs the $5500 Sas option or $2000 less.

How would the bell tech option compare, pros and cons, focused primarily on long term reliability and on road driving comfort?

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mr. WTBL3000... to compare apples to apples... I think you'd probably have to factor in an extended non-Ford warranty also. If you had a power-train failure I'd be hard pressed to see Ford covering such an extreme suspension makeover.

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well if you want a 2 door you can no longer order OBX in 2 door. To your question: If you want just the height and look aftermarket is much cheaper and fewer items to delay production . That said the SAS with all the hero buttons will have some resale value in the short term. The SAS wheels are hands down some of the best factory wheels on any make, but I like unique wheels, also plenty of SAS wheels being sold cheap from owners who changed them out. The SAS tires are a liability. I have a 2 door OBX Lux, non SAS ( I would have preferred SAS but got sick of waiting for options I didn't really need) no lockers/disconnects ect. Even with the street tires and zero lift the thing took everything I threw at it snow,ice,offroad, trails, sand dunes and rock crawling. The off rodeo did help educate me on driving lines. I have since upgraded the tires and I picked what I wanted which are better then the Goodyears. Of course if you're financing and don't want extra out of pocket expense up front that's something the SAS out the gate is a thought.

Reactions: DKG

BroncoRo

Badlands
First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wireless charger does make my phone very hot and doesn't work well through my case...

I have same similar issues with my phone without a case.. getting hot and over heats shuts down if i dont remove it.. is this a fault charge pad from ford!?

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are ordering, at least option the OBX with the rear locker that comes with the 4.27 gearing. That gearing is much better suited for turning 35's. Plus if you happen to get bitten by the off-road bug, that rear locker can take you a lot of places.
I couldn't agree more and really wish I would've done this when I ordered years ago. Unfortunately I had not yet spent hundreds of hours researching the Bronco and knew next to nothing about gearing and lockers. It really wasn't until after I did the off-roadeo that I was kicking myself for not doing this.

I prefer the look of non-sas OBX painted parts and typically only off road on the sand, but I'd like to have the rear locker and 4.27 gearing.

GaMeg

Outer Banks
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have same similar issues with my phone without a case.. getting hot and over heats shuts down if i dont remove it.. is this a fault charge pad from ford!?
I just assumed mine was due to the case, but now I'm thinking it's just not a good quality wireless charging pad from Ford... The one time I did get it to work through my case, it showed that it was charging, then my phone got really hot and the battery charge started going down.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m going through the same question and have focused in on an aftermarket comparison.

I’ve been researching the Belltech full coilover system w/rear sway bar for more stable towing which appears designed primarily for onroad use. The bell tech —4” lift w/rear sway bar comes in at ~$2200? Add in $800 for install so $3000 for suspension upgrade.

https://jeepandtruckparts.com/produ...xtc6C7Dd3UgI_5mlu0dR5kv1HtUWI_NoaArNQEALw_wcB

Wheels and tires, I’m not a fan of the Sasquatch wheels and tires so either way I would go after market. I’ll estimate you could get ~$500 more for the sas wheels and tires, so ~$3500 for the bell tech option vs the $5500 Sas option or $2000 less.

How would the bell tech option compare, pros and cons, focused primarily on long term reliability and on road driving comfort?
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-B1A

Note the lift is 2 door or 4 door specific.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would save the money and do it yourself. Sasquatch builds have complained horribly about how the tires catch and throw rocks into the paint, and say that's one of the first things they've done is... swapped the tires. Apparently the tires are garbage.
This is true about the tires, though mud flaps help.
Sponsored