BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are ordering, at least option the OBX with the rear locker that comes with the 4.27 gearing. That gearing is much better suited for turning 35's. Plus if you happen to get bitten by the off-road bug, that rear locker can take you a lot of places.
Sponsored

F2W12

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I personally prefer the painted flairs of the non-Sas and although apparently in the minority, I think the OBX wheels are the best looking of the stock bunch. 🤷‍♂️

I'm just upgrading the tires to 33" and calling it a day. But my rig will mostly be for pavement and cruising the beach.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you’re not going to wheel it it’s a waste of money. Get the wheels and tires you want and the look you want.

Reactions: DKG

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I personally prefer the painted flairs of the non-Sas and although apparently in the minority, I think the OBX wheels are the best looking of the stock bunch. 🤷‍♂️

I'm just upgrading the tires to 33" and calling it a day. But my rig will mostly be for pavement and cruising the beach.
same

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are talking strictly financial, it is much cheaper to do it aftermarket. But the up-front cost is only part of the equation.

It ultimately depends on you personal preference. A lot of people will get it from the factory for peace of mind, or for resale value, or because it's all warrantied, or just in case they get the offroad bug and actually want to offroad their vehicle. Others are perfectly fine with aftermarket mods on their vehicle.

In my opinion, if you are not off-roading, I'd just skip the Sasquatch package and use the money saved for my own wheels/tires/lift. The leftover cash you can use for even more mods down the road. BUT I'm also extremely comfortable with working on my vehicle. I'd have to get a tire shop to balance my wheels, but other than that, I could do all of it in my driveway in a few hours.
I think for many, being able to roll up a 6-7k package into financing is more attractive than spending 2k out of pocket after delivery. God bless America 😆

OP, I got my OBX without sas and love it. I did throw a set of Toyos on from day 1 though which has made a huge difference.

Reactions: sjp

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally I'd go with the Sasquatch (which I did), when it comes to resale, the Sasquatch package is another tick mark when it comes to determining a resale/trade-in value--you'll get more with the package than you will with just tires, wheels and a lift---in fact you likely won't recoup any of what you spend on the aftermarket items. Plus the addition of the lockers, and advanced 4x4 is what people will be looking for when the go to buy used.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch keeps warranty, some dealers can be dicks.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks this is helpful. I do not ever think I’d use off road where I live. And 6-7K for Sas that has things I don’t need seems silly
No offense but you're going to spend $3k for High/Lux that you don't need either; plenty of complaints with B&O, heated steering wheel and wireless charger! The camera's are the best part but if you don't plan on off-roading do you need to know where you're front wheel placement is?

Sasquatch package is $6600 for OBX and you get the auto on demand meaning if it's wet or slick it'll engage for you, it includes 5 of the big tires that would run you $300 each from TireRack and then you're going to need 5 wheels @ $300 each or $1500 so just the wheels and tires are half your cost of the Sasquatch package! If you're wanting any kind of lift or upgrade suspension that'll just add up especially if you don't plan on doing the work yourself!

Resale is a real thing too, does the next buyer want your mods or factory? Will they skip over your listing and go to the next one based on your wheel choice?

Anyrate, good luck!

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided to go after market for several reasons. Like you, I love the look, but don’t expect to have Bronco off pavement hardly ever. Therefore, I want the 387 Rear end. This will increase fuel mileage. Secondly, I prefer less tire noise. I am going with Black Rhino Abrams rims with Michelin 295/70r18. This is not as aggressive look, but will much more enjoyable on the Highway.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What's the problem with the heated steering wheel? That's a "gotta have"for my cold hands😅
I think it's just not heated enough for most but I guess you can use your phone from the wireless charger, rumor is it gets plenty hot!

• Haha

Bevans86

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks- Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ow the specs for the OBX package, but in my case, Sasquatch included better suspension, lockers front and rear, and a few more modes like 4A in addition to the 2H/4H/4L. Plus everything was designed by Ford to work together. But I actually use mine regularly up in the hills as a
I personally prefer non SAS for a few reasons.
1) I'd rather my own style the same SAS wheels
2) I'd rather have painted fenders
I don't do crazy off road so I can make it capable enough with my own upgrades and have my own look
But I get why some do the SAS. It's cool and its done when you get it. Plus I think they just like the name

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It sounds like you do not need the SAS package, just a lift, wheels and tires.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-B1A < My favorite lift for 95% of owners

The Ford Performance lift kit features custom valved Bilstein 6100 coilovers with Sasquatch springs, Sasquatch top hats, and new hardware. This kit is a step above the factory Sasquatch suspension and performs extremely well.

One thing to note, you will get better fuel economy without SAS due to less weight (Lighter front drive unit, no disconnecting sway bar) and different gearing, so that is a plus.

As long as you aren't going hardcore off-road and do not want to run 35-37" tires, non-SAS will totally work for you. Non-SAS can handle 35s as long as you aren't bashing it off-road.

Sasquatch wheels are 36 lbs and the Territory MTs are terrible tires. A good aftermarket wheel is 24-28 lbs, can be lighter. If I bought a Sasquatch, I'd personally sell the factory wheels and tires ASAP.

The benefit to the Sasquatch package FOR ME and for most is the beefier front drive unit (M210 vs M190) and the factory lockers. You can add the FDU for about $3000, but that also includes the Ford Performance tune. All Broncos have the M220 rear end, you'd just need to re-gear to match the front drive unit gearing if you have a rear locker. If you do not have a rear locker you can either do a LSD, a elocker, or an air locker. That runs about $1700-2000 with labor.

I ordered a Sasquatch, but bought a non-SAS off the lot due to delays. I'm not mad that I didn't.

Obviously the main issue is, Sasquatch is a complete package right from the factory, full warranty, engineered to work... while this method requires a lot of labor, logistics, and uncertainty. YRMV.

Last edited: