First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Want OBX for Lux Package, but I’m really torn on the Sas Package. I honestly just want the Sas for the lift and bigger tires. Is it cheaper to just have lift/tires done afterwards? Or just get the Sas package

Edit:: I want the look/height of the Sas but do NOT need the off road additions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you're looking for personal opinions to guide what you do; if it would be my order, I'd get SAS every single time. I'd rather get the look and functionality I would want straight from the factory.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know the specs for the OBX package, but in my case, Sasquatch included better suspension, lockers front and rear, and a few more modes like 4A in addition to the 2H/4H/4L. Plus everything was designed by Ford to work together. But I actually use mine regularly up in the hills as a 4x4 where I need the extra modes.

If you really just want looks, you should look into how much less it is likely to cost you to lift it and get the other wheels. But if you care about resale value (I don't) the Sasquatch package might work out better in the end.

Gratuitous photo from a place that needed all of the Sasquatch functionality:
iEYugNP.jpg

Reactions: DKG

Emd

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Want OBX for Lux Package, but I’m really torn on the Sas Package. I honestly just want the Sas for the lift and bigger tires. Is it cheaper to just have lift/tires done afterwards? Or just get the Sas package?
I have OBX and got the look for $2k then sold my wheels and tires and made it even less. I believe sas package is more $6to 7k but you get the off road options i don't have. I don't off road my Bronco so to me it doesn't matter. If however i was going to go off roading, id get the sasquatch package for sure.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are talking strictly financial, it is much cheaper to do it aftermarket. But the up-front cost is only part of the equation.

It ultimately depends on you personal preference. A lot of people will get it from the factory for peace of mind, or for resale value, or because it's all warrantied, or just in case they get the offroad bug and actually want to offroad their vehicle. Others are perfectly fine with aftermarket mods on their vehicle.

In my opinion, if you are not off-roading, I'd just skip the Sasquatch package and use the money saved for my own wheels/tires/lift. The leftover cash you can use for even more mods down the road. BUT I'm also extremely comfortable with working on my vehicle. I'd have to get a tire shop to balance my wheels, but other than that, I could do all of it in my driveway in a few hours.

Sponsored

IINCEPTIONII

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at doing this myself. By my calculations, a set of SAS take-offs can be had for around $1500. If you just do a spacer lift and have a shop do the labor, it'll likely cost another $750 to $1000 depending on your local garage's hourly rate.

Another thing to factor is the decrease in gas mileage you'll see in doing this. A non-sas OBX has a final drive ratio of 3.73. Depending on how you drive, putting larger rubber on the 3.73 final drive ratio will cause the turbos to engage more frequently, which will bring mpg down. Some who have gone the self-squatch route drive in sport mode to lock out the higher gears, which in turn will keep the turbos from spooling all the time. If gas mileage is a concern (I know, it's a Bronco, not a Prius), you might like this thread.

If your off-roading is minimal, you can get the 4.27 final drive when you order and then go the self-squatch route for lift/tires and still save a few grand. This will still get you a very capable off road vehicle while minimizing the mpg hit of the 3.73 final drive.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have OBX and got the look for $2k then sold my wheels and tires and made it even less. I believe sas package is more $6to 7k but you get the off road options i don't have. I don't off road my Bronco so to me it doesn't matter. If however i was going to go off roading, id get the sasquatch package for sure.
look your referring too is a lift and new wheels for 2k? Or just wheels?

I do not need off road either. I just love the look and added height

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are going to get, never ending opinions on this question, to each his own, but I am sooooo glad my OBX has the SAS
Ford Bronco OBX Bronco with or without Sas? IMG_9867

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are talking strictly financial, it is much cheaper to do it aftermarket. But the up-front cost is only part of the equation.

It ultimately depends on you personal preference. A lot of people will get it from the factory for peace of mind, or for resale value, or because it's all warrantied, or just in case they get the offroad bug and actually want to offroad their vehicle. Others are perfectly fine with aftermarket mods on their vehicle.

In my opinion, if you are not off-roading, I'd just skip the Sasquatch package and use the money saved for my own wheels/tires/lift. The leftover cash you can use for even more mods down the road. BUT I'm also extremely comfortable with working on my vehicle. I'd have to get a tire shop to balance my wheels, but other than that, I could do all of it in my driveway in a few hours.
Thanks this is helpful. I do not ever think I’d use off road where I live. And 6-7K for Sas that has things I don’t need seems silly

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SASQUATCH
ALL DAY.!.!
NUFF SAID.!.!

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at doing this myself. By my calculations, a set of SAS take-offs can be had for around $1500. If you just do a spacer lift and have a shop do the labor, it'll likely cost another $750 to $1000 depending on your local garage's hourly rate.

Another thing to factor is the decrease in gas mileage you'll see in doing this. A non-sas OBX has a final drive ratio of 3.73. Depending on how you drive, putting larger rubber on the 3.73 final drive ratio will cause the turbos to engage more frequently, which will bring mpg down. Some who have gone the self-squatch route drive in sport mode to lock out the higher gears, which in turn will keep the turbos from spooling all the time. If gas mileage is a concern (I know, it's a Bronco, not a Prius), you might like this thread.

If your off-roading is minimal, you can get the 4.27 final drive when you order and then go the self-squatch route for lift/tires and still save a few grand. This will still get you a very capable off road vehicle while minimizing the mpg hit of the 3.73 final drive.
This is good to know, I had no idea. Thanks 🙏

Emd

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just added the wheels. I didn’t lift it and there is zero rub. 35’s from a Sasquatch

IMG_7334.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

IMG_7336.jpeg

Emd

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is good to know, I had no idea. Thanks 🙏
I wasn’t aware of gear ratio affecting gas mileage, but I did see a .6 difference in average mpg. I was 17.8 and am now 17.2 week after week. I just assumed it was the bigger tires alone.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would save the money and do it yourself. Sasquatch builds have complained horribly about how the tires catch and throw rocks into the paint, and say that's one of the first things they've done is... swapped the tires. Apparently the tires are garbage.

I went with a base 2.7L, threw 33's on it and I see no difference (unless you look really hard) between mine and a sasquatch.

Now, if you're going to use the Bronco for rock climbing etc., it's probably worth it. However, I could even see an argument made for light to moderate trails that stock suspension is enough (outside of control arms snapping).

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you plan on getting the V6 (might consider a WT then) and what part of the Lux do you really want for that extra $2930 cost? If you don't get the Sas, I would go for the 4.27 axle which will work better if you go up to 35's. The Sas combination of parts works well and will add to future value when it's time to sell. I do mostly local driving on 25-45 mph roads and I'm still getting almost 18 mpg with the V6/auto. I'm not used to vehicles with lux or comfort features so I never considered them but I wanted the Sas for the combo of parts that work well together. You might want to test drive a non Sas and a Sas Bronco and you might feel the difference which could help with your decision.
Sponsored