RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know people like to say that, but it’s just not true. The stock Sas wheel is 35.5lbs, the method 701 17x9 is 32lbs.

I know Sas isn’t really necessary for my driving but it’s good to have recommendations from people. If the badlands model offered different color interiors I would be all over that. I don’t like all black interiors, they tend to get hotter and show my dogs fur more.
You’re kinda missing the weight of the sas tire there, which should be around 50lbs. Aftermarket is 60+.
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Go non Sasquatch. This won’t burden supply constraints more.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the OBX as a daily driver as well, but couldn't stand the stock stance. I do however like the factory OBX wheels, I may be in the minority on that one.. So i did 2 in zone offroad level kit with 275/70/18 KO2 tires, all done at the dealership. Rides great, and gives it a more aggressive stance and look. I added 4A which got me alot closer to SAS price, but the tire cost was an even swap as I needed new 32 in 17's for my wife's Jeep. If I had to do it over again, I think the 1 in zone offroad would have been plenty of lift, as pictures do not do the Bronco justice on just how big the front end is, especially coming from a jeep perspective. If cost not a factor though, go SAS with the wheels that give you an eggplant.
I think this is the way to go for anyone who doesn’t need the SAS hardware. Swapping the Bridgestones for Toyo’s on my OBX gave me what I want for a few thousand less dollars.

OP
OP
NinjahGoose

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’re kinda missing the weight of the sas tire there, which should be around 50lbs. Aftermarket is 60+.
The stock Sasquatch tires are just 35” Goodyear Territory’s. They’re not a special model made for ford. I could reuse the stock tires or get a different A/T. Your use of the term aftermarket is confusing when looking at tires. I have Terra Grapplers on my 4Runner right now.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock Sasquatch tires are just 35” Goodyear Territory’s. They’re not a special model made for ford. I could reuse the stock tires or get a different A/T. Your use of the term aftermarket is confusing when looking at tires. I have Terra Grapplers on my 4Runner right now.
Yeah… Pretty sure every vehicle uses tires that weren’t special made by the OEM, but they’re still not considered aftermarket becuase they come on the truck, and are not purchased in the “aftermarket”. Either way, you said you were considering 35” KO2s (an aftermarket tire) to save some weight but should be aware a lot of the aftermarket 35” tires are heavier than the stock sas tires, often outweighing benefits seen from a lighter rim.

I had a SAS model, drivability-wise, it’s the same as non-sas to me. Don’t drive it enough to see if the tires would develop noise, but they do throw any and all rocks/sand they run over right at the body. Personal preference but I also don’t like the look of the larger fender flares on SAS.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was going Wildtrak, as many here have mentioned, but hated the interior options with the exterior I wanted. The roast/bronze interior with blue stitching and accents swayed me to OBX with SAS, mod bumper and skid plates, aux switches, and everything else the Wildtrak has short of a sticker and Baja mode. Baja mode can be easily and cheaply added with ForScan. It got me a Wildtrak in tech with the interior, side steps, and color matched handles and mirrors I wanted. I couldn’t be happier with the decision.

Regardless, I don’t think you will regret SAS, but I do think you will regret not getting it. You only live once.

Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas 0D7BC851-58F1-4062-A534-87A7699096D2
Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas 9909976B-07B7-4023-BA14-03157DDF4406

OP
OP
NinjahGoose

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going Wildtrak, as many here have mentioned, but hated the interior options with the exterior I wanted. The roast/bronze interior with blue stitching and accents swayed me to OBX with SAS, mod bumper and skid plates, aux switches, and everything else the Wildtrak has short of a sticker and Baja mode. Baja mode can be easily and cheaply added with ForScan. It got me a Wildtrak in tech with the interior, side steps, and color matched handles and mirrors I wanted. I couldn’t be happier with the decision.

Regardless, I don’t think you will regret SAS, but I do think you will regret not getting it. You only live once.

That’s amazing! I’m about 95% sure I’m going with the same build, just waiting to hear if anyone has any first hand experience towing with the Sasquatch package.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s what I had when I weighed my Sasquatch wheels

C9AB9340-D0E2-406E-A7CD-40B603ECF267.png

8721B058-3FAA-45F6-BBC8-CF695FA5BD25.jpeg

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s what I did for the wheels. $1200 for all 5 with sensors sold my stock wheels for $700
Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas 8721B058-3FAA-45F6-BBC8-CF695FA5BD25
What tires did you put on here? Looks great. No additional lift, correct?

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've owned two OBX's one SAS'd and one Not. Get the SAS'd.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What tires did you put on here? Looks great. No additional lift, correct?
Those are the stock badlands KO2’s no lift. Looks different now tho.
Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas C7604846-F948-4F3E-A780-7F2610AFE472
Sponsored