John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What would you say the actual height difference was?
It seems 3-4", but see below. If its a daily driver for shorter people, you'd really need the step running boards over the rock rails, but they're interchangeable anyway. At 6'5", i ignore the running board and just step in. But 5'5" family members use the OBX running boards. The F150 4x4 I just traded was, it feels an inch higher than my OBX and not as high as the SAS. By the numbers, you can add a 2" approximate lift to half the 3" tire difference, for 3.5 total inches. Or. If you use, extrapolate the numbers from Ford's Equipment Installation guide, its 3.5" in the front and 2.3" higher in the rear!

20211122_081624.jpg
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I debated the OBX and the Bl for months and months. Ended up staying with the OBX. I’ll probably add ko2 to it but not much else as it is loaded out. I am being honest - my Bronco will never see off-roading more than to park in the grass occasionally. . I wanted the best and quietest ride I could get- and it still be a Bronco. Do I love the rugged looks of the bl or sasq package- sure I do. But I’ll be 68 soon- best to leave the real adventures to the younger ones.
Agreed. Here's our first family ride in the OBX in my favorite configuration, front 3 panels removed. I'm 69. My off roading is all beach driving from Florida to Cape Cod, and at most I'll increase a tire size or two for a bit more height & width. I did get the High package and the advanced transfer case with the locking rear axle & 4.27 gears.

SmartSelect_20211122-083503_Gallery.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A couple of things:

I mean to me it sounds like non-SAS OBX all the way IF you're not off-roading.

I definitely wouldn't get SAS. You can add a lift and 35s later but with the lower gears in SAS you'll be paying extra at the gas pump for no benefit. Same is true for all of the bash plates in the BL, extra weight that kills MPG.

As far as the 12" screen, that's in the High package so you don't have to go up to Lux unless you want the adaptive cruise (Lux is definitely worth it to me for that alone).

I really like the leather seats in the Roast color. My dealer has a demo OB with leather and I love the interior colors. That is the only option is has (the smaller screen is disappointing).

Now all of that being said, I went BL because I'm going to wheel the heck out of mine (had it at the off-road park in the first week) so there really was no choice for me.

To be honest I was a little disappointed in how the stock OBX looked and drove. It just didn't feel right on 32s. I LOVE my BL SAS. It is so so fun to drive, huge difference. If I were getting a Bronco that I never planned on driving off-road I would get an non-SAS OBX and 100% have a lift (with decent coil-overs) and 35s WAITING for it to show up. Wouldn't drive it 1 day on 32s.
Would you say that the KO2 tires are not noisy and are a comfortable ride?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems 3-4", but see below. If its a daily driver for shorter people, you'd really need the step running boards over the rock rails, but they're interchangeable anyway. At 6'5", i ignore the running board and just step in. But 5'5" family members use the OBX running boards. The F150 4x4 I just traded was, it feels an inch higher than my OBX and not as high as the SAS. By the numbers, you can add a 2" approximate lift to half the 3" tire difference, for 3.5 total inches. Or. If you use, extrapolate the numbers from Ford's Equipment Installation guide, its 3.5" in the front and 2.3" higher in the rear!

Ford Bronco OBX or BL Thoughts SmartSelect_20211122-083503_Gallery
Thanks

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I’ve been combing through this forum constantly. And could use some feedback or opinions.

one thing I know is I’m going Orange, V blue was a close second.

torn between OBX & BL as they are pricing out exactly the same. Both with 2.3, hardtop, LUX, and hitch.

OBX with SAS, BL non-SAS with included 33’s. I like the look of both…prefer all black interior of BL but roast cloth looks good with Orange too.

I’m in NJ and most off roading I’ll be doing are mud trails, will most likely never use things like the disconnect. I do plan on having the top and doors off as often as possible. So my concern is seating during the summer/really hot days.

whats are y’all’s thoughts on a OBX SAS vs BL Non-Sas. For those of you with MGV, how hot/uncomfortable have they been for you on hot days. And for those of you with cloth, what are some drawbacks?

thanks everyone for your opinions!
I found myself in a similar situation when submitting my order. I'm in NJ too and have the same non-pavement needs which are few and far between. (Looking to land a beach permit next Fall)

I ordered a non-sas OBX and plan to put 33" tires on the stock wheels. I realized I was only considering BL because I liked the stock BFG's and would be paying for offroad equipment I'd never actually use. Going OBX gave me access to the Lux creature comforts that would make 100% of my drives better without having to spring for a disconnect that would never be touched.

I know I'm in a small minority here but I actually think 33's look better than all the squatched Broncos. What sold me was driving the sas mannequin at Chapman. The difference between photos and in-person is unbelievable. Through months of video reviews, my eyes were trained to think anything non-sas was a puny Bronco Sport. But once I saw a non-sas BD in person, I felt like that size was the perfect balance for a Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No bronco here yet, but I’d say if you aren’t going with the leather/power seats, get the BL for the MGV and washout floors. If you need the adjustability of the power seats (sounds like you don’t) get the OBX.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same boat and going with an OBX until I finally saw a Badlands in person. The black trim didn’t look nearly as bad as I thought it would. And I realized I couldn’t do the bronze dash in the OBX. The Badlands having a higher residual value was the nail in the coffin for me.

OP
OP

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to land a beach permit next Fall
Let me know what spots in Jersey or near by offer this. I know off topic but its on my to do list.

MGV and washout floors
After reading some of the comments, this is where I am definitely leaning.

worst tires I could imagine as far as picking up and throwing rocks
This would make me crazy and I've read this multiple times over. Thanks for the honest feedback.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I’ve been combing through this forum constantly. And could use some feedback or opinions.

one thing I know is I’m going Orange, V blue was a close second.

torn between OBX & BL as they are pricing out exactly the same. Both with 2.3, hardtop, LUX, and hitch.

OBX with SAS, BL non-SAS with included 33’s. I like the look of both…prefer all black interior of BL but roast cloth looks good with Orange too.

I’m in NJ and most off roading I’ll be doing are mud trails, will most likely never use things like the disconnect. I do plan on having the top and doors off as often as possible. So my concern is seating during the summer/really hot days.

whats are y’all’s thoughts on a OBX SAS vs BL Non-Sas. For those of you with MGV, how hot/uncomfortable have they been for you on hot days. And for those of you with cloth, what are some drawbacks?

thanks everyone for your opinions!
You don't need SAS on the obx if you don't want it. Get bigger tires and a lift. That's what I did.

Commenting on the roast interior - like all the naysayers I didn't like it until I saw it in person. Everyone who looks at the interior is impressed by it. The bronze dash is actually really nice.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was in the same boat and going with an OBX until I finally saw a Badlands in person. The black trim didn’t look nearly as bad as I thought it would. And I realized I couldn’t do the bronze dash in the OBX. The Badlands having a higher residual value was the nail in the coffin for me.
I actually wanted the bronze dash. I know it only a perception thing but I feel less confined with lighter colors .

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP: I can’t decide between OB Sasquatch and standard Badlands.

B6G: Let us tell you about what you didn’t ask about.

Last edited:
OP
OP

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP: I can’t decide between OB Sasquatch and standard Badlands.

B6G: Let us tell you about what you didn’t ask about.
All good lol, every thread I’ve read goes off topic. But that’s the great thing about this forum, everybody loves the Bronco.

I’m at dealership now, changing my config to standard badlands. Sales guy didn’t want to do the work though, tried to convince me cloth and MVG was the same 🤣.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m at dealership now, changing my config to standard badlands. Sales guy didn’t want to do the work though, tried to convince me cloth and MVG was the same 🤣.
Nice, I’m super jealous, the standard Badlands is the ideal Bronco. I want both. I’m still hoping my wife will relent and drive a Bronco as her vehicle so “we” can have two lol.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I debated the OBX and the Bl for months and months. Ended up staying with the OBX. I’ll probably add ko2 to it but not much else as it is loaded out. I am being honest - my Bronco will never see off-roading more than to park in the grass occasionally. . I wanted the best and quietest ride I could get- and it still be a Bronco. Do I love the rugged looks of the bl or sasq package- sure I do. But I’ll be 68 soon- best to leave the real adventures to the younger ones.
I'm just the opposite even though I'm turning 67.
I'm getting the BL SAS. I've already been to the Off-Roadeo which solidified the SAS option. I'll get it muddy the first weekend I have it (& may get it stuck too).
I plan to spend a month in Colorado trying out their trails the first summer of ownership. I'll add some bead-locks and an ARB on-board compressor in preparation for the trip.

If you're planning off-road activities, I'd suggest the BL and to consider the SAS. YMMV.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm also curious to see how folks like the MGV after it's been baking in the sun all day. My Jeep JL has cloth seats and I keep the top off for long periods of time in the summer and they don't burn my a$$
Sponsored