First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Early August 2020 res. Order placed for OBX, High, Leather, MIC, Tow. I am #70 or so in line and the dealer has about 40 allocations. Once B&P for 2022 opens, I’m planning to switch to soft top and drop tow.

Since Ford has been so kind to give me a year+ to think about my order, I’ve been looking into other options.

Chose OBX because I like the design and won’t be doing much off-roading, if any.

However, I much prefer the SAS look, but don’t need the added performance that comes with.

Unless I’m missing something, Wildtrak is the only build that offers the larger tires without going SAS, while still being able to keep my other options. Although I prefer the OBX roast interior.

Questions:
1. Would switching to WT just be adding time to my wait since it’s only 2.7?

2. Can you get a soft top on the WT?

3.Would I be effing myself on the “price guarantee” if I switched to a different build?

4. Would it make more sense to just stick with OBX and get aftermarket wheels/tires?

5. Would I have to get it lifted to achieve the SAS look and if so, would I be spending about the same in aftermarket upgrades as I would be just switching to WT?

Appreciate any helpful advice/feedback!
Sponsored

Bedz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was In the same boat with OBX wheel/tire combo and was planning to add aftermarket to it once I receive It. Being in Michigan I’ve seen quite a few on the road and after seeing obx in person I realized the wheel/tire combo stock is enough for me. In my opinion, I would Stick with obx and wait to see it in Person because you’ll be able to add the aftermarket tires/wheel for cosmetic look. Especially if you don’t need the added performance of a WT. that’s my opinion but end of the day it comes down to what you want.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early August 2020 res. Order placed for OBX, High, Leather, MIC, Tow. I am #70 or so in line and the dealer has about 40 allocations. Once B&P for 2022 opens, I’m planning to switch to soft top and drop tow.

Since Ford has been so kind to give me a year+ to think about my order, I’ve been looking into other options.

Chose OBX because I like the design and won’t be doing much off-roading, if any.

However, I much prefer the SAS look, but don’t need the added performance that comes with.

Unless I’m missing something, Wildtrak is the only build that offers the larger tires without going SAS, while still being able to keep my other options. Although I prefer the OBX roast interior.

Questions:

3.Would I be effing myself on the “price guarantee” if I switched to a different build?

4. Would it make more sense to just stick with OBX and get aftermarket wheels/tires?

5. Would I have to get it lifted to achieve the SAS look and if so, would I be spending about the same in aftermarket upgrades as I would be just switching to WT?

Wildtrak has the larger tires because Sasquatch is included. It's pretty much an OBX with a 2.7, Sasquatch, and a blackout package. I'm not sure of the price difference between Wildtrak and adding a 2.7 and Sasquatch to an OBX.

1. I don't think so

2. Starting in model year '22

3. I don't think so

4/5. Sasquatch is a pretty good deal if you want the off-road capability. It's much less to get the look of Sasquatch, but if you want the performance as well, it would be more doing it aftermarket.

Honestly I'd just go with the one which has the interior you prefer since the Wildtrak is basically an optioned-up OBX. Keep in mind that you lose the body-color fenders on the OBX when you add Sasquatch.

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Questions:

When spec'd equally, they are very close in price. You can build the OBX for a little less with the soft top and have everything else be pretty much the same. I have gone back and forth between the 2 and haven't decided what to build. I like the interior color options of the OBX better so that might be my deciding factor.

But, if you don't want squatch, it will be cheaper to do tires and wheels and a small lift later. Not a huge difference, but here's the deal... If you want the 35's, you are going to want the gearing too and that gets you back close to the cost of squatch. If you can be happy with 33's and there's a lot of them that look great going to 33's, then there is a big cost advantage not going squatch.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a Wildtrak, but just purchased an outer banks. I really like it. It does not have sas, but it absolutely needs more height IMO. I'm considering a 1" lift and bigger tires, or at least bigger tires. I drive in mud/sand in state park/management areas and around my farm, and I'm slightly concerned about getting hung up on something because it's lower than my F150.

Also, the roast interior is really nice. I think it is better than the wildtrak beige.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wildtrak is the only build that offers the larger tires without going SAS
Sas is standard on WT, that's why it's not an option.
Unknown at this time which engine will be more constrained in the future
Not this year, but Ford has said yes for next year. Wait for the order banks to know for sure (or the B&P which probably wont come first)
Unknown
Personally I think OBX SAS will only help resale value. front and rear lockers have great use among offroaders, and that will be the majority of the 2nd and 3rd owners.
there are tales out there of fitting 35" tires on non-Sas equipped broncos with minor modifications (crash bar removal), but big tires that just barely fit hurt the cars offroad credentials.

Have a look at the B&P, and do a fully loaded WT and a fully loaded OBX. They are within a like 200 dollars of each other. OBX has the benefit of allowing you to pick your engine. So if you don't want the 2.7 dont go WT just because it's a "higher" trim. It's really not. If you like the look at the Sas wheels, the debate should be OBX vs OBX-Sas

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A Sasquatched more door Outer Banks (I'm assuming that's what you ordered) with the 2.3, Aux switches and High package is roughly $2k less than the Wildtrak equivalent that has the 2.7.

You'd get the look and upgraded drivetrain with the better ride quality of the Bilstien suspension.

It comes down to if you like the Sasquatch package wheels and no painted flares. You could have the factory Sasquatch flares painted or get Aftermarket ones (Air Designs for example) and have them painted.

Just my 2 cents.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wildtrak comes standard with Sasquatch package.

Comes down to interior preference, whether you want the 2.3, and whether you like the blackout package (wheels, painted black mirrors, black emblem) and hood decal on the Wildtrak or the body colored mirrors on OBX.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since your concerns are appearance only, stick with the OBX, get some wheels and tire, save yourself a bunch of money.
I am having trouble finding wheels that won't poke out. Most of them have 0 offset, but the stock is 55mm. Since the mud flaps don't fit with the step, that is a recipe for trouble, my friend.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd encourage you to attend one of Off-Rodeo events. They have every model and configuration available and you can choose which ones you want to drive.
I'm almost certain you will choose the Badlands with Sas.... Just go and you'll see why....It becomes very obvious...

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I literally just changed my OB order to add the Sas because the larger tires seem more "at home" on the Bronco. Having seen the recent Topher review of a WT on-road at highway speeds was helpful too since I hadn't seen an Sas highway focused video before (all the press vids were Sas OFF and non-Sas ON).

Getting Sas also gets the upgraded Bilstein suspension and appropriate gearing. I know many here are talking about doing lifts and aftermarket tires, but this can potentially create warranty issues, inaccurate speedometer, gearing, maybe GOAT mode and/or monitoring issues, etc. IMO, especially if you aren't a gearhead or hardcore off-roader...go with the Sas - it's made for the Bronco and Ford tuned. Is it a bit more $ in the short term? Maybe but probably not in the long run.

As for WT vs OB SAS, I believe one of the big differences at launch was the hard top only for WT but that seems to be going away MY22, which essentially makes the WT an optioned out OB SAS with some cosmetic differences.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd encourage you to attend one of Off-Rodeo events. They have every model and configuration available and you can choose which ones you want to drive.
I'm almost certain you will choose the Badlands with Sas.... Just go and you'll see why....It becomes very obvious...
Off-Roadeo is great and convinced me to SAS but I'm still not going BL. She said she isn't going to be off-roading so the additional cost for the BL for sta-bar disco, rock crawl GOAT mode and heavy duty bumper all seem unnecessary for the expense. All those SAS Broncos were beasts!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I literally just changed my OB order to add the Sas because the larger tires seem more "at home" on the Bronco. Having seen the recent Topher review of a WT on-road at highway speeds was helpful too since I hadn't seen an Sas highway focused video before (all the press vids were Sas OFF and non-Sas ON).

Getting Sas also gets the upgraded Bilstein suspension and appropriate gearing. I know many here are talking about doing lifts and aftermarket tires, but this can potentially create warranty issues, inaccurate speedometer, gearing, maybe GOAT mode and/or monitoring issues, etc. IMO, especially if you aren't a gearhead or hardcore off-roader...go with the Sas - it's made for the Bronco and Ford tuned. Is it a bit more $ in the short term? Maybe but probably not in the long run.

As for WT vs OB SAS, I believe one of the big differences at launch was the hard top only for WT but that seems to be going away MY22, which essentially makes the WT an optioned out OB SAS with some cosmetic differences.
Dealers put on lifts and bigger tires. I don't think they would void their own customer's warranty.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off-Roadeo is great and convinced me to SAS but I'm still not going BL. She said she isn't going to be off-roading so the additional cost for the BL for sta-bar disco, rock crawl GOAT mode and heavy duty bumper all seem unnecessary for the expense. All those SAS Broncos were beasts!
I feel like I really need the heavy duty bumper where I drive. Not necessarily for a winch (maybe), but mostly for having a brush guard and getting FL brush out of the way on a trail, on my farm, or when I'm turning around on a trail. Not having that bumper has made me realize that I need that bumper.
Sponsored