Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX
Ford Bronco 2.7 OBX w/ SAS = Wildtrak? Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 4.17.22 PM

WT
Ford Bronco 2.7 OBX w/ SAS = Wildtrak? Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 4.17.31 PM

I already have an existing Wildtrak order but I'm submitting another one tomorrow.

As far as I can tell, the OBX + 2.7L + SAS looks identical to WT minus the black accents, grille, and capable bumper.
On the inside, however, it's also missing the AUX switch, but I don't see myself utilizing it anyway. And I'm aware that the missing driving modes can be enabled using Forscan.
Plus, I personally think the roast leather of OBX looks better than the beige WT interior.

Then I read some of the previous posts in regards to this subject and if I read it correctly, the price difference in prior to yesterday's increase was less than $500. Now it's almost $2000 between the two builds.(Nevermind, it was between OBX + options vs. WT alone) And the Wildtrak model itself is on the constraint list, right?

OBX price with config as the pic above:
  • BASE MSRP
    $42,445
  • OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES
    + $11,880
  • DESTINATION CHARGESS
    + $1,495
  • TOTAL MSRPS
    = $55,820
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICE
    = $55,820
WT price with config as the pic above:
  • BASE MSRP
    $49,780
  • OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES
    + $6,180
  • DESTINATION CHARGESS
    + $1,495
  • TOTAL MSRPS
    = $57,455
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICE
    = $57,455
Should I just duplicate my existing WT order (placed on 2/1/22, $55k MSRP) or go with spec'd out OBX for the same price as my existing order? It will be placed at a different dealership by the way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is essentially how I decided my build as well. Wanted the Wildtrak initially, didn't like the Sandstone interior option, loved the Roast/Onyx option, so ordered an Outer Banks and added almost everything to it, to get it as close to a Wildtrak as possible, aside from the obvious differences that aren't configurable on the 'Build Your Own' page.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same dilemma and ended up choosing the OBX SAS 2.7. I much preferred the ribbed roast cloth compared to the digital camouflage sandstone. The roast OBX has a metallic bronze dash with silver instead of the beige and black. I had the top off yesterday and didn’t realize just how much the bronze popped in the sun. It’s totally unexpected.

Add the Aux switches and floor liners.

Powder coat the beauty rings gloss black.
Add a matte vinyl hood graphic.
Swap the silver Bronco emblem with the OEM black one from Ford.

BAM! OuterTrak!

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My OBX came in at $59K, but it has everything I wanted in the colors I wanted (Roast leather/Bronze Dash). Even though I like the bronze/silver dash more, I'd gladly take a WildTrack in HPR with the sandstone interior.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unless they changed it you can add the switches on the order for $195. Unless you gotta have the cheap sunglasses holder get the switches.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I started at WT same as you, but once they stripped the WT of everything that made it a unique top build it simply became an OBX with SAS and a few other upgrades you could add like aux switches. I quickly realized I’d get exactly as off-road capable a Bronco as the WT, for the same or less money, and get the side steps, color matched mirrors and handles, a grill I prefer, and most importantly the roast cloth interior instead of some sandstone neo-camo garbage.

ForScan and you have Baja mode. You will have to buy a black hood sticker though.

They did however just add some WT options to today’s build and price, in an apparent attempt to make it unique again.

The other option, if you don’t need the finer things in life that high or lux packages bring, is a Base SAS.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have noticed this same thing when doing the build and price. I have dropped the WT and am either a Badlands in 33's or a OBX w/Sas as I too like the roast leather interior much more than that of other trims (darn that blue accents!!! looks tacky).

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the price difference between an OBX/Sas/2.7 compared to a Wildtrak is very small. You would basically choose one or the other based on cosmetics.

Outer Banks+SAS+2.7Wildtrak
Running BoardsStandardOptional
InteriorNavy Pier or RoastBlack and Tan
GrillSlottedHoney Comb
Blacked Out Wheels and EmblemsNoYes
Baja ModeNoYes
Black Hood Cowl StickerNoYes

I personally despised Roast, and didn't think Navy Pier looked good with the colors I wanted, so the WIldtrak became my choice. In person, I really like the interior colors on the Wildtrak. I also prefer the blacked out emblems and wheels.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

to actually answer @Min_Ahn 's question. I say get what you want, and try to work within the bounds of what will get you your truck soonest in this shitshow. If you're the kind of person that likes to tinker, get a lower model and have fun upgrading. If you're not, get the one that's got the goodies at the lowest price. What it came down to for me was having a couple key creature comforts that I need (want) for day to day life (remote start, heated seats). Then I just worked around with that. Biggest thing I spent time noodling over was actually the color, of all things.

Sponsored

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Wildtrak doesn't come with the capable bumper as pictured on the B&P ... it's either the standard bumper (with foglights) or the Modular Steel one (option).

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I have a Basemansquatch on order (or as I call it the "BrokeTeacherMarriedtoaBrokeSemiRetiredMusicianBronco") I would spend the extra money on a Wiltrak or OBX in a heatbeat if either were offered with a manual tranny.

Base has subpar interior, and no color options. No window tint. Cheap garbage bumpers. No mid-package (or high or lux). No tow. No lockers without Squatch.

But since OP didn't ask about that, I'll address his actual question... WT or OBX.

If you plan to off-road a lot, get the Wildtrak with the added Fox suspension upgrade they are newly offering.

If you don't need the super suspension, go OBX. I think the OBX grill and "ridged" upholstery are the best options of any trim level.
^^^
Rips on the Base.
Orders one.
Then has the audacity to say the nasty fucking OBX grill is desirable.

Lol!
Base, BD, BL, WT grills for the win!

Gawd how I hate the OBX!
Squatch is the only thing that makes the OBX respectable.

Wildtrack it is!

BTW, saw a Black OBX on my way in this morning, non Squatch.
Nasty....

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gawd how I hate the OBX!
I don't make anything respectable!

Oh, wait... this isn't all about me and my generic truncation of a package name parlayed into an unhealthy online alter ego.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^^^
Rips on the Base.
Orders one.
Then has the audacity to say the nasty fucking OBX grill is desirable.

Lol!
Base, BD, BL, WT grills for the win!

Gawd how I hate the OBX!

Wildtrack it is!

BTW, saw a Black OBX on my way in this morning, non Squatch.
Nasty....
I've been told that the reason I have brown eyes is because I am full of shit all the way up to my eyeballs.🤣🤣🤣

BTW... When I talk about grills, they go in this order...

1.) Not yet released Heritage
2.) Base
3.) Black Diamond
4.) OBX
5.) Big Bend
6.) Wildtrak
7.) Badlands
8.) Braptor

So OP was comparing OBX to Wildtrack and OBX has the better grill.😘😘

Tomorrow I will probably post conficting information because...

Brown Eyes.🤣🤣

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE

I ended up ordering another Wildtrak because this new dealership I went today was willing to honor the pre-price increase price which was $55k. Purchase agreement was also signed by both parties at this price but I guess I'll find out how much is actually drawn from my wallet when the time finally comes.
Sponsored