Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another item to consider- Most instances of damage off road will be collision (other than damage done hitting and animal or a tree falling on your rig type of thing). Roll it over down a hill- collision in most cases. Scrape it on a tree sliding on an off camber spot-collision. Roll it, hit a tree and back into another rig on the trail? Three different losses :( Those losses are normally covered under your collision coverage. Typically the deductible you choose is higher and these losses tend to carry more "weight" on your pricing and potential renewal of your policy. Moral of the story, try not to hit stuff, on road or off!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Ford advertising the Bronco as an off road vehicle if they than dont allow for off road damage ( to some extent ) to be covered under warranty than they would be sued into bankruptcy.
For what?

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what?
False advertisement. You cant advertise it as an offroader and than not cover it under warranty when its used for what is advertised as. Thats no different than the Ford Cobras not being insured for drag racing. If it breaks under normal use ( ie: drag racing ) and Ford said " well you were drag racing so its not covered" theyd be in trouble.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Ford advertising the Bronco as an off road vehicle if they than dont allow for off road damage ( to some extent ) to be covered under warranty than they would be sued into bankruptcy.
I'm guessing most things wouldn't be covered. Unless there's some serious flaw..

tenor.gif

Sponsored

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My jaw dropped to the floor watching this while those three people stayed frozen in place at the top ....

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Off roading is not some new, COVID era activity. Many of us have been taking and using our daily driven vehicles off road since the day vehicles were created. Insurance covers most things, including sheer stupidity, once anyway. If you are worried, talk to your insurance company. This isn't a new concept to them.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to clarify that I am not talking about driver error, I am talking mechanical failure.
Gotcha, it'd be hard for them to tell. I'm guessing serious off roaders will be too busy wrenching and adding heftier parts to be concerned about Ford giving them a freebie. If my Outer Banks tie rod failed while driving through at Starbucks I'd expect a fix. ?

Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Off roading is not some new, COVID era activity. Many of us have been taking and using our daily driven vehicles off road since the day vehicles were created. Insurance covers most things, including sheer stupidity, once anyway. If you are worried, talk to your insurance company. This isn't a new concept to them.
I am going to have to side with the Jeep forums after some quick research. It seems most will not cover damage once you leave the public road.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

False advertisement. You cant advertise it as an offroader and than not cover it under warranty when its used for what is advertised as. Thats no different than the Ford Cobras not being insured for drag racing. If it breaks under normal use ( ie: drag racing ) and Ford said " well you were drag racing so its not covered" theyd be in trouble.
This reminds me of the Jeep Grand Cherokee commercials on TV 20 years ago where the GC is crashing through the snow with no problems. But when people bought the GC and did the same thing, Jeep refused to fix the broken radiators and axles from customers trying to imitate the commercials. In the end, Jeep did not reimburse those people.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Another item to consider- Most instances of damage off road will be collision (other than damage done hitting and animal or a tree falling on your rig type of thing). Roll it over down a hill- collision in most cases. Scrape it on a tree sliding on an off camber spot-collision. Roll it, hit a tree and back into another rig on the trail? Three different losses :( Those losses are normally covered under your collision coverage. Typically the deductible you choose is higher and these losses tend to carry more "weight" on your pricing and potential renewal of your policy. Moral of the story, try not to hit stuff, on road or off!
There was an accident over a year ago in Moab with a woman trying to guide a Wrangler on top of a rock. When the Wrangler got on top of the rock, the driver may have bumped his head and lost control. The Wrangler went straight for that woman and crushed her leg. The Jeep was totalled and the insurance company did not pickup the tab for anything, not for the hospital and not for the Wrangler.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the responses are mixing insurance vs warranty. Generally, if you are driving (anywhere) and hit a tree it will likely be covered under your collision coverage (with associated higher deductible, increased rate and/or the insurance company then drops you...).

Causing mechanical damage by abusing your vehicle would then be a warranty question as you didn't "collide" with something. Jeep dealers/shops are used to seeing these issues and warranty coverage will vary on whether the parts are stock or not (should be obvious) and what type of damage there is. Common Jeeper joke is to always claim you "hit a pothole". But the people doing the more serious crawling are very far from stock, and are used to any damages being on them to fix - part of the fun. But most "off roading" people do are like fire roads, going from the dirt road 100 yards to the dispersed camping spot you want, maybe a broken trail occasionally etc. That type of activity should be easily handled by a Bronco - and if not, well the mall-crawler jokes will then apply to everyone driving these.

For general insurance rates, for an adult (I assume trying to insure a teenager with one would be brutal) isn't horrible - but will cost more than a normal SUV/CUV or truck. If my memory is right, my collision coverage was approx the same as my truck, but the comprehensive was a bit higher which is probably due to it being a soft-top, having a front windshield that a tiny pebble can shatter, and a hood you can just walk up, open, then walk off with some engine parts....