Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you wanted to be more specific we can. The US is largely turning to be a Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) consumer (and soon to be major exporter, unless Biden slows that down due to the horrific natural costs of extraction). However, it's unlikely that LNG will be the future growth due to the costs of extraction and environmental damage. Generally speaking, the US likes to offshore that sort of horrific land destruction on 3rd world nations (Hello Tesla battery "recycling" landfills in Africa!).

When LNG drops in volume, Coal will be the single easiest source to replace that lost production.

Hydro produces about 25% of our states energy (we sell the excess off to California so they don't have to burn coal) so we're a massive outlier of the country.

1618960637906.png

But most of the country looks more or less like this:

1618960779353.png

If you wanted more on LNG prospects for the country here's a great read:

https://www.csis.org/features/us-natural-gas-global-economy
What did I miss on "(and soon to be major exporter, unless Biden slows that down due to the horrific natural costs of extraction)"? Is this a reference to fracking?

I thought the fracking was primarily for oil with natural gas a bonus by product.

Does coal also have "horrific natural costs of extraction"?

Back on topic: the 2 dr bronco with a 17 gallon tank will give me range anxiety in Utah. I may have to invest in a supplemental supply tank.
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really wish people could understand its all about money and not saving the planet. It is hard to realize that something you have been taught since kindergarten is garbage.
Really? Who has more money than big oil?

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point.
While big oil has a lot to lose, those losses(in a ying/yang sort of relationship) are gains that another sector stands to profit from. I see that a lot of the "science" that's points to wind/solar/hydro as the solution, are funded by the very folks that stand to profit by the demise of "fossil fuels" as a primary source of energy, in spite of the advancements in the reductions of emesions.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does it matter who has more money? It’s the realization that it isn’t a crusade to save the planet, its just about more money. That is all. Do you actually think that big oil doesn’t have its hands in “renewable” energy? Different shell companies, same people behind them.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wish people could understand its all about money and not saving the planet. It is hard to realize that something you have been taught since kindergarten is garbage.
Whaaaaat??? o_O Money would never drive someone to do something manipulative, underhanded or subversive!

/s

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let's just get shipments of vibranium from Wakanda and our problem is solved. NASA just proved that we can fly from other planets.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does it matter who has more money? It’s the realization that it isn’t a crusade to save the planet, its just about more money. That is all. Do you actually think that big oil doesn’t have its hands in “renewable” energy? Different shell companies, same people behind them.
It’s hard for people to break the cycle.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread should die. It's not going to end well