Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trail Traveler has a LOT of trail videos in the Denver/Keystone/Breck area. Nothing hardcore but they look to cover the trail fairly well.
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Revere Overland is great at making videos without the ā€œlook at meā€ attitude I see a lot. And his cinematic shots of locations are really good.

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watch The Story Till Now, Jailbreak Overlander, Venture4wd, and Last Line of Defense.

LLOD occasionally goes wheeling - his videos include other stuff

The Story Till Now - Dude with a Gladiator who seems like he has to ford a river in each video

Jailbreak Overlander - guy with a cool accent exploring mostly the desert southwest.

Venture4wd - dude living in his Jeep
These are all just people talking to themselves. While off-roading. And a lot of people are watching, so I guess I can't judge...

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These are all just people talking to themselves. While off-roading. And a lot of people are watching, so I guess I can't judge...
True - I haven't seen any channels that are just off roading with no talk. But I'd like to watch "no talk" off-roading channels if there are any out there.

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True - I haven't seen any channels that are just off roading with no talk. But I'd like to watch "no talk" off-roading channels if there are any out there.
Oh those are out there, and epically boring. At least the talking ones have some cringe factor that is oddly entertaining.

Sponsored
OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't mind (jinxing it right here) helping out on a Bronco6G collaborative channel.

But, I hate nearly everything and who would send me their videos to mock and ridicule for no reason?
Yeah, I'd rather sit back and criticize than put myself out there.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Xpedition overland has some good content on youtube and prime

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might not be your cup of tea but Lite Brite on youtube does some off road stuff
Lite Brite is getting a Bronco , they are discussing it here . Rumor is they also have one on order to fix up and give away like they did the Gladiator .

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My issue is finding ones that are "Family Friendly" .. I want to get my kid and maybe my wife into off roading but many of the off road shows/channels must all be ex-sailers :)

We like Trail Recon and Dirt Everyday due to the "Rating"... Always on the hunt for more.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Farah does some stuff on his channel The Smoking Tire, worth checking out for sure. He's mainly performance cars but off-road he's got everything from vintage safari Porsches to modern Raptors.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I watch a fair bit of off roading content on YouTube, but I'm really not sure what to suggest, as a lot of people chiming in here seem displeased with a lot of really good* channels.

*Really good in my opinion, and have a moderate - large audience.

I guess my suggestion would be to just leave it to "the algorithm." YouTube has invested many millions of dollars in algorithims designed to direct you towards content you will enjoy. Drop a like and a comment on videos you enjoy, and YouTube will learn what content you find engaging.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dirt every Day. Those guys seem to be half way decent. Otherwise I usually just search out overlanding videos. Lol.
Dirt Everyday was good until Discovery bought the parent company,TEN/Motor trend, and killed/hid all the older full length videos associated to the brand.

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find some value in just about every channel mentioned in this thread. Yes, some are formulaic. Yes, some are over hyped. Yes, some arenā€™t realistic for those of us that donā€˜t want to regularly risk our rigs. But, in the end, I can just about always learn something and enjoy something. I think thatā€™s my super power: the ability to accept something for what it is rather than obsessing over what it isnā€™t.

I also watch stuff like Mattā€™s Off-Road Recovery, Fabrats, and Caseyā€™s Off-Road Recovery. I learn a lot about what NOT to do while watching their stuff. They all seem like regular people and donā€˜t overhype anything.

I also respect the effort it takes to regularly produce content and the pressure content providers are under to create sustainable income. Many of them, for various reasons, have to make compromises in order to get the most subscribers and the most views ā€” and they have every right to do so; itā€™s their livelihood and their time.

On the other hand, I look forward to whatever the OP can put together and would gladly support a Bronco6G channel.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I also respect the effort it takes to regularly produce content
I've made a YouTube video or two, I really feel that you can't fully appreciate the effort it takes to create a decent video, until you try to do it yourself.

Keep in mind, a lot of people who have found success on YouTube are just regular people. They don't have formal education or training in filmography, or business. They learn as they go.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if you ever watch hunting videos, a lot of them are the same: formula driven, sponsor heavy and a lot of high fives.

Then there is Meateater with Steve Rinella , totally diiffernt type of show with the same content, top quality editing and photography and great wisdom sharing.

I would like to see more off road shows follow these standards, the audience is there. It is about more than just the dirt, gotta capture the essence and responsibility of being outdoors.

As others have mentioned there is a lot of effort, knowledge, time and money in making quality content. I have been in the film industry for over thirty years, a lot goes into getting quality images on screen.
Sponsored