Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jumping the gun in what way? If this top fails they'll be replacing it again.
I agree. But who wants to keep dropping-off their Bronco all the time for a MIC replacement? You think that’ll be quick? Doubt it. Not in 2022.
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will inspect mine very close when I pick it up in a few weeks. What areas should I be looking at the closest?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This might be the least surprising revelation ever.

Ford did not change the design at all so it was only a matter of time until the extra .01mm of resin they called for started to do exactly what MIC 1.0 did.

My neighbor had a 2 door mic 2.0 that I pointed out the scaling and rough edges on and she said I ruined her Bronco for her because she couldn't unsee the "shitty top" and hers was built in January 2022.

Sponsored

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well this is,
Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! giphy

I'm putting a soft top on mine, and am willing at this point to take whatever I can get.
I would however be all over Ford to provide as many tops as it takes to get it right.
Perhaps a "rider" in sales contract stating failure of MIC top is covered in perpetuity.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Simple solution: if its due to heat/sunlight, looks like you'll just need to go topless more often to delay the inevitable ;)

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
F’n Webastards…pos. Should have gotten a new vendor after botched job #1!

Last edited:

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford engineers are working hard to bring quality MIC tops to everyone trust Ford they are zeroed in on quality these days . Give them time 😎
how involved are F engineers with the subcontractor that clearly did not have the expertise to build these tops?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my order to a soft top to get the vehicle and figured Aftermarket tops would show up around the same price as jeep tops, we all know that's a pipe dream right now. I recently thought about ordering a 2nd bronco with Dual tops and making a deal with my dealer to walk away from it, but get the hard top for dirt cheap and give them a car to put on the lot with a 20k markup.. Now I am questioning trying to even get a top from ford.

Sponsored

Plaidfinger

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4 Door Sasquatch, 2021 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Picked up my ,22 a few weeks ago and it has those spots with the fiberglass coming out as well. No separation yet, but I'll definitely let the dealer know. Also, I noticed this morning that the sound deadening is peeling off the entire length of the passenger front panel with strands of adhesive stretched across a good 1/4' gap. I pressed it back down and by the time I got to work it has peeled again. Hate to say it, but at least if a part is gonna fail, I'm glad its a removable part.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I changed my order to a soft top to get the vehicle and figured Aftermarket tops would show up around the same price as jeep tops, we all know that's a pipe dream right now. I recently thought about ordering a 2nd bronco with Dual tops and making a deal with my dealer to walk away from it, but get the hard top for dirt cheap and give them a car to put on the lot with a 20k markup.. Now I am questioning trying to even get a top from ford.
When I switched my original order to a soft top back in December, I also placed a second order with this same thought in mind, or potentially selling my current Bronco and buying Order 2. The more of these stories I hear, the less likely I am to do so. (Order #2 does not even have a VIN at this point).
Those ADV tops are looking more and more attractive all the time. (At least their mock-ups are, since we haven't seen an actual product).

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why isn’t the aftermarket loaded with options?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I switched my original order to a soft top back in December, I also placed a second order with this same thought in mind, or potentially selling my current Bronco and buying Order 2. The more of these stories I hear, the less likely I am to do so. (Order #2 does not even have a VIN at this point).
Those ADV tops are looking more and more attractive all the time. (At least their mock-ups are, since we haven't seen an actual product).
I have the ADV fenders showing up next week. I did a bunch of searching on IG for people with all kinds of vehicles that had tagged them and queried on the quality. Found a few body shops that focus on 4WD and have used their products for years on numerous vehicles and gave them a thumbs up. so, we shall soon see. good news is that we will find out from the early adopters how they are.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My May 22 build was sealed in March 22. It looks a lot nicer than the ones in these pics you've all posted. Here's to hoping it holds up and they've improved quality. I'm not too worried, with the known issues and a warranty I feel like I can get them to replace it if necessary. I bought an extended warranty through Granger too so I have more time.
Sponsored