First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150 FX4, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look close it appears the hard top roof is what kept him from rolling down the hill. Had this been a soft top, I bet it goes down the hill with multiple roll overs.
Said the Ford employee, just before 1st quarter earnings report. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me too but apparently a lot of people on here think they are different.
No no, it’s lightning blue and velocity blue that people think are so different.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same situation on this one, this spot has laid over several broncos over the years. It's steep and can't really appreciate how steep in the pic. If you don't hold on to something walking down you're feet will slip out from under you. I winched on to him to hold him but so steep that my bronco started to slide so the bronco behind me winched on to my rear. The driver of bronco has been down this stretch many times over the years too. Happens quick and can happen to anyone. Need all gears and no brakes.

Ford Bronco Oh Sh!$  2 Door Bronco with custom glass hardtop rolls over on trail Screenshot_20220104-225428_Samsung Internet

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems generally like what Ford marketed the Bronco for

sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I got the 4 Door. I saw two 2DRs almost flip at the Off-Roadeo, and the driver's had no clue! Too risky with the 2Drs during rock crawling.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I got the 4 Door. I saw two 2DRs almost flip at the Off-Roadeo, and the driver's had no clue! Too risky with the 2Drs during rock crawling.
Do you have any experience rock crawling? Every trail that exists in the US has been successfully traversed who knows how many times by 2D broncos, scouts, jeeps, etc looooooooooooong (decades) before any notion of a 4D version of anything was conceived lol. The driver/spotter makes or breaks the experience.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any experience rock crawling? Every trail that exists in the US has been successfully traversed who knows how many times by 2D broncos, scouts, jeeps, etc looooooooooooong (decades) before any notion of a 4D version of anything was conceived lol. The driver/spotter makes or breaks the experience.
no doubt that this person had a bad spotter, if any. However, it's simple physics that a longer wheel base will reduce the risk of tipping over.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no doubt that this person had a bad spotter, if any. However, it's simple physics that a longer wheel base will reduce the risk of tipping over.
The bronco in the OP is on it's side because he touched the brakes on a steep decline when he felt the back end raise, common mistake. There's a trade off between wanting to less technical crawling with a long wheelbase for ease of mind but the persistent potential for hanging up the center, and a short wheelbase with greater center just a . Trade off sides with the shorter wheelbase imo. Hang up issues appear to be an issue with the 4D Bronco from the youtubes that have been posted over the last few months. For what it's worth, the new 2D is within about 2" of the wheelbase that most 66-77' bronco crawler guys stretch their broncos to. There's only a 16" difference between 2D and 4D.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco in the OP is on it's side because he touched the brakes on a steep decline when he felt the back end raise, common mistake. There's a trade off between wanting to less technical crawling with a long wheelbase for ease of mind but the persistent potential for hanging up the center, and a short wheelbase with greater center just a . Trade off sides with the shorter wheelbase imo. Hang up issues appear to be an issue with the 4D Bronco from the youtubes that have been posted over the last few months. For what it's worth, the new 2D is within about 2" of the wheelbase that most 66-77' bronco crawler guys stretch their broncos to. There's only a 16" difference between 2D and 4D.
This is exactly what I saw at the Off-Rodeo. Thanks for describing it so well. I was behind the 2 Dr and the instructor said "You still have to worry, but with the 4Dr, it's much easier to make this descent off the rocks." That sold me!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly what I saw at the Off-Rodeo. Thanks for describing it so well. I was behind the 2 Dr and the instructor said "You still have to worry, but with the 4Dr, it's much easier to make this descent off the rocks." That sold me!
Which Off-Rodeo did you attend? Thanks

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WhatEVs
Moardoors are for people with no driving skills that need a handicap.
:ROFLMAO:

My Jeep's wheelbase is shorter than the Bronco 2 Door, but I know what to do in a situation like that. It's really not that difficult but does require a person to override their o-shit meter. As stated above, most people panic and hit the brakes which is exactly the opposite of what you need to do. Before doing a decline like that, you need to make sure you are in a gear that allows you to have access to rpms, and if it starts going, you need to hit the gas to let the front wheels pull you forward so the rear goes back to where it belongs.

I also feel that a SFA and it's better articulation makes a a big difference in situations like this. It allows the suspension to follow the terrain without dragging the body along with it. That maintain's a better COG.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nowhere near totaled. It has some scrapes on easily replaced panels. That’s the whole point of why Ford built it the way they did.
If I fucked up my new Bronco like that I would have to kick my own ass
Sponsored