Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great installation!

Long ago (as a jeeper) I realized that looking at the oil pressure gauge was nearly last on the list when climbing a steep incline that required some serious power and steering attentiveness. Unfortunately, that is when attention to the oil pressure is probably most needed. The solution?, an oil pressure switch and a LOUD buzzer.
Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This picture needs to be rotated 90deg ccw. The oil pressure tubing is actually pointing to the front of the vehicle.

Oil Gauge 1.jpg
I'd replace that plastic tubing with copper ASAP...don't axe me how I knows this...

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought it was odd that the Bronco doesn't have an oil pressure gauge. I consider OP to be the most critical. That said, the only oil pressure issue I ever had was when the copper line broke going to the gauge.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here's a picture of my oil & boost pressure gauge installation.
Oil Gauge.jpg
Oil Gauge.jpg
Neat idea, and the gauges are great. Auto meter is a good brand, but that fake carbon gauge holder has got to go. It’s horrid. And don’t you have those mounted right on top of your left front dash speaker?

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am wondering if the oil pressure reading is available electronically through the ODB port, if Raptors have them in the cluster, you should be able to enable it with forscan and read it as well. Which means a digital cluster could be added.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering if the oil pressure reading is available electronically through the ODB port, if Raptors have them in the cluster, you should be able to enable it with forscan and read it as well. Which means a digital cluster could be added.
Possibly, if they didn't use a simple off/on pressure switch like Ford likes to do.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my OPINION, copper tubing should NEVER be used on a vehicle. Normal vibrations of a vehicle can “work harden” copper and make it susceptible to cracking.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a similar project on deck (rear axle temperature and oil pressure) using ISS Pro gauges, but they are electrical. No way would I install a mechanical oil pressure gauge inside the cabin.

I would also ditch the plastic tubing given the heat generated under the hood, the proximity to the turbocharger, and the operating oil temperatures combined with 60ish PSI pressure.

OP
OP
SCB FabWorx

SCB FabWorx

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cadillac CTS V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd replace that plastic tubing with copper ASAP...don't axe me how I knows this...
Copper is a “no go” for me. Nylon tube is second only to braided hose.
So do you EVUH get any vacuum?
Question from a carbereted 7.6L driver...
LOL. Nope no vacuum. These were gauges I had left over from a bygone project. I have a boost only gauge on order
Neat idea, and the gauges are great. Auto meter is a good brand, but that fake carbon gauge holder has got to go. It’s horrid. And don’t you have those mounted right on top of your left front dash speaker?
Yeah, it’s all I could find that would hide all the wires and plumbing. I’m thinking of just painting it black or maybe cyber orange.
I couldn’t care less about the speaker.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why a boost gauge when we have a digital one?

Is this the final install or just a temporary setup? Looks just plopped up there without much integration.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
When the engine is warmed up it has 26-28psi at idle. It jumps up from there to around 35psi at cruise RPM of 2,100. At max boost and revved up it climbs to 60+ psi.
These numbers are why Ford didn’t include a gauge…they’re low enough and fluctuate enough to freak people out who are used to seeing rock steady 50+ psi.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These numbers are why Ford didn’t include a gauge…they’re low enough and fluctuate enough to freak people out who are used to seeing rock steady 50+ psi.
The Jeep 3.6L is the same as it has a two-stage oil pump; 30ish at idle and then up to 75 above 3K RPM. I would opine the Ford 2.3 and 2.7L have similar. This is a "CAFE" design to maximize MPG by reducing drag on the engine until such pressures are needed.

Reactions: 0ne

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Copper is a “no go” for me. Nylon tube is second only to braided hose.

LOL. Nope no vacuum. These were gauges I had left over from a bygone project. I have a boost only gauge on order

Yeah, it’s all I could find that would hide all the wires and plumbing. I’m thinking of just painting it black or maybe cyber orange.
I couldn’t care less about the speaker.
Cyber orange. I like that. Post a pic if you do

OP
OP
SCB FabWorx

SCB FabWorx

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cadillac CTS V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why a boost gauge when we have a digital one?

Is this the final install or just a temporary setup? Looks just plopped up there without much integration.

I'm very interested in how you would integrate the gauges. I want them in a location where they can be seen with just glance of the eye. Please share your ideas.
Sponsored