First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Posting this incase my experience helps others. About 10 miles in after my break-in period oil change an oil pressure senor alert came up on my Bronco (2.7-liter V6 engine). I checked the oil and everything seemed fine. Restarted and the alert cleared and thought perhaps it was a bubble. About a week later it fired off again and this time I just had it towed to the dealer. I wasn't going to fool with it anymore. After the dealer checked it they determined it was the oil pressure sensor and replaced the sensor. The oil alert then fired off again about 20 miles after the replacement. Long story short on the next visit they found it was a bad O-ring.

Two weeks in now after the latest fix and I haven't had the oil pressure alert. I still am holding my breath on this but so far so good.
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that this is what happened to you. Just my two cents. There are a few o-rings on the filter that should be replaced during each oil change. It’s a step that some businesses and dealerships skip if they don’t look too bad. I always ask for the oil o-rings after mine is completed. Been doing it for years. Keeps people honest.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Posting this incase my experience helps others. About 10 miles in after my break-in period oil change an oil pressure senor alert came up on my Bronco (2.7-liter V6 engine). I checked the oil and everything seemed fine. Restarted and the alert cleared and thought perhaps it was a bubble. About a week later it fired off again and this time I just had it towed to the dealer. I wasn't going to fool with it anymore. After the dealer checked it they determined it was the oil pressure sensor and replaced the sensor. The oil alert then fired off again about 20 miles after the replacement. Long story short on the next visit they found it was a bad O-ring.

Two weeks in now after the latest fix and I haven't had the oil pressure alert. I still am holding my breath on this but so far so good.
Thanks for posting your experience! This is what makes these forums so valuable, years down the line when people are searching for answers they might stumble on this.

Audi and VW forums with posts like this has saved me $$$$ over the years.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer notes say oil filter housing O-ring broken.
This is the only real downside of a non-cartridge style oil filter housing. Loved the simplicity of removing the housing and swapping just the filter medium itself, but you have to ensure you change the housing o-ring on every change. Other OEM filter brands like Mann filter for BMW/MINI provide a housing o-ring with every filter.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the only real downside of a non-cartridge style oil filter housing. Loved the simplicity of removing the housing and swapping just the filter medium itself, but you have to ensure you change the housing o-ring on every change. Other OEM filter brands like Mann filter for BMW/MINI provide a housing o-ring with every filter.
Something like this?

Ford Bronco Oil pressure sensor alert after oil change - solved for now A99AF113-28EE-4654-ACE0-F37771AF0323

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something like this?

Ford Bronco Oil pressure sensor alert after oil change - solved for now A99AF113-28EE-4654-ACE0-F37771AF0323
Figured Motorcraft did the same -- feels like OP's change either didn't swap the o-ring or didn't properly oil them before reinstall?

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Figured Motorcraft did the same -- feels like OP's change either didn't swap the o-ring or didn't properly oil them before reinstall?
The orings may have been changed but not seated properly. One could then have been cut when reassembled. Something to be mindful of.
Sponsored