First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else feel an improvement in their 2.7 after the first oil change? Mine seems to be running smoother and MPG seems to be up slightly… Could be a placebo effect.
I have a 21 bronco with 2.7 and i saw a jump in mpg after changing my oil at 1500 miles. Went from 17 mpg to 20. And now in november when in the 40s im at 22 mpg. At 55 devrees and above i can get as much as 24 mpg. I use royal purple full synthetic.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed mine at 1500miles and my MPG went down.
Could be that I wasn't worried about how hard I pressed the fun pedal after that though :)

Sponsored

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just based on the dash tracking, my mileage did move up after a 1500 mile oil change on a 2.7. Following that adding FI exhaust, mod bumper, and pedal monster plus more aggressive driving quickly reversed any gains and I settled around 19mpg on premium.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a documented fact that the smell of fresh motor oil relaxes the body, loosening tight quadriceps muscles, and resulting in a lighter touch on the accelerator pedal, with subsequent improvement in MPG.

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I screwed up and changed mine at 6k. :oops: I've also been meaning to send in my oil to get it tested. My mpg is 18-19 constant.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're Canadian (eh?), you got maple syrup instead of engine oil, so yeah, I could see that. 👀 😁

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine how it will be after you change out the air in all your tires. That factory air is always of a lower grade.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 21 bronco with 2.7 and i saw a jump in mpg after changing my oil at 1500 miles. Went from 17 mpg to 20. And now in november when in the 40s im at 22 mpg. At 55 devrees and above i can get as much as 24 mpg. I use royal purple full synthetic.
i was at 16 mpg 1st oil change 18 knn full air intake and full borla exhaust dropped to 14 lol as novelty wore off lol now 21/22 all the time in normal 4a

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So it’s not just me…
While the friction may be reduced somewhat due to break-in which **may** lead to an MPG improvement there is NO oil on the planet that is going to increase MPG more than a few tenths AT BEST.

Always hilarious to see claims of 3 or 4 MPG improvements based upon an oil change when the only thing that **COULD BE** different is a slight move up or down with viscosity with a given range for a given viscosity between brands.

In this case, for 5W-30, the range is 9.3 to 12.5 cSt @ 100°C and there is not enough viscosity change within that range to enable any substantial increase in MPG.

Last, but not least, there are no "controls" to maintain consistency for testing MPG within oil brands while driving--your right foot, a headwind, increased loading, and a hundred other variables exist that prevent a valid test.

Ford Bronco Big improvement after first oil change? Motor Oil Viscosity Classificatio

FIREGROUNDIMAGES

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 HUMMER H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What size tires are you running?