Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last month I took my 23 Wildtrak to my local dealer for a full synthetic oil change. I did the break in period and had the oil changed at 1,000 miles at the dealer I purchased the Bronco from in Maryland then came to this dealer in Virginia for the 5k oil change but was at about 5800 miles. The only reason I didnā€™t go to the purchase dealer was because theyā€™re a little further out and the VA dealer agreed to write a service ticket for the Procal install.

Long story short I put about 700 miles on the Bronco since then, really put her through the paces this weekend with some long drives and elevation changes and each time i pulled over on Saturday and Sunday I smelled oil.

I checked under the Bronco Saturday and no oil and figured maybe they spilled a little oil while filling up. Yesterday afternoon i continued to smell it and opened the hood and saw oil splattered in the engine bay. I have the JCR engine cover and it was pouring so I parked the car for the day and today before heading to the dealer saw that after unscrewing the engine cover oil splattered primarily under the shield and towards the cabin area. Fearing the worst i thought they forgot to put the engine oil cap back on but it was there. Checked the dip stick and it wasnā€™t secure so i pushed it back in and now Iā€™m waiting at the dealer. Iā€™m expecting an oil change and an engine bay cleaning.

They didnā€™t charge me for the last oil change because it took almost 4 hours with an appointment but they told me they rotated my (4) tires (which they didnā€™t) but i forgot to provide them the wheel locks. (I went to a local tire shop I trust for the 5 tire rotation a few days after) So either the Ford tech isnā€™t communicating to the service desk or I was just lied to. At this point I donā€™t know if I should get the extended warranty, if I do I hesitate on coming back here. Good help is hard to find at the dealer service centers i get it. But at this point Iā€™ll just keep going back to my purchase dealership. Or maybe go back to changing the oil myself. Again I appreciate this dealer for helping me out with the Procal, but at the end of the day if Iā€™m canā€™t trust them I donā€™t think itā€™s wise to keep coming here. I was nervous the whole time that they wonā€™t put the right oil in. Lol

Is there anything else the service dept should check for? I checked for oil near the intake but that area looks ok.

IMG_2553.jpeg

IMG_2554.jpeg

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_2556.jpeg

IMG_2557.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

IMG_2552.jpeg
Sponsored

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Out of curiosity, why did you put a cover on the engine? It traps heat.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of curiosity, why did you put a cover on the engine? It traps heat.
One could say the same about the hood lol jk jk, my ocd kicked in and needed something for the eyesore and chaos. I figured the K&N intake would help as well.

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One could say the same about the hood lol jk jk, my ocd kicked in and needed something for the eyesore and chaos. I figured the K&N intake would help as well.
It does trap the heat very close to the engine.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

DEFINITLEY NOT coming back here, they just told me they did a new oil change and cleaned the engine bay and I may smell chemicals from the engine clean for the next few days. I opened the hood to check, low and behold oil in ALL THE SAME PLACES.

Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just checkingā€¦youā€™re not sleeping with the service managerā€™s wife, right? šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just checkingā€¦youā€™re not sleeping with the service managerā€™s wife, right? šŸ˜‚
You would think!! I'm just waiting for a camera crew to run up on me and scream "you got Punk'd" lol

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
DEFINITLEY NOT coming back here, they just told me they did a new oil change and cleaned the engine bay and I may smell chemicals from the engine clean for the next few days. I opened the hood to check, low and behold oil in ALL THE SAME PLACES.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't go back there. They probably didn't do the second oil change, either.

That said, no real harm was done. I'd just wipe it down and go on. My last oil change they splattered a little around the filler - probably when they took the funnel out. I just wiped it off. No worries.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clean it up, and drive past the service department next time you need work done.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Notice they put "Caution Hot" on the engine cover but not the hood :)
Sponsored