Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, it's ok, you guys are probably right, I didn't think this thing all the way through.

Well, I'm planning on buying a plasma cutter this month, and I know it's going to lead to a lot of bad decisions.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tell you what, when you get a minute go take a photo of your bash plate in the area I removed and show me your off road wear and tear. Love to see what a well seasoned and used plate looks like with some wear and tear.
Pro-tip: Ask him to share photos of his fenders and doors. Thatā€˜s where the real action is. šŸ˜œ

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean they make them in all threads
I bought one for my wifeā€™s Jeep as well
Look up a ford plastic drain plug and tell me what thread pitch it uses

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What valve are you using?
Like I said in my original post I know it's not for everyone but honestly the area I removed won't see any significant wear on 99% of the Broncos out here, in my opinion. And I damn well know it won't on mine. LOL
Can you post a photo of what you did? Thanks

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you actually changed the oil in this thing yet? With the stock plug (and warm oil) I can tell you from experience youā€™re not going to get a cute little run down into your drain pan directly underneath the plug. Itā€™s going to end up all over the remaining slim section of skid plate and go everywhere as it comes out like a fire hydrant.. makes it dang near to the wheel.. It comes out so fast I had to modify my drain pan to fill faster. EDIT: added a more realistic photo for you
Ford Bronco Modification for Oil Change Access A557EC3C-C6FF-43D2-A9C9-A455B19142D5

Last edited:

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put a Ronin plug in mine when I did my first oil change. Game changer.
This thing is freaking sweet. Will be my next upgrade haha.
Edit: The plug not the bashplate hole.
Edit2: NVM I have the metal drain pan with a different plug. Will get a similar item for my 2.3L engine oil pan.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you actually changed the oil in this thing yet? With the stock plug (and warm oil) I can tell you from experience youā€™re not going to get a cute little run down into your drain pan directly underneath the plug. Itā€™s going to end up all over the remaining slim section of skid plate and go everywhere as it comes out like a fire hydrant.. makes it dang near to the wheel.. It comes out so fast I had to modify my drain pan to fill faster. EDIT: added a more realistic photo for you
Ford Bronco Modification for Oil Change Access A557EC3C-C6FF-43D2-A9C9-A455B19142D5
When you get to a certain age you hope your stream is that strong!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pro-tip: Ask him to share photos of his fenders and doors. Thatā€˜s where the real action is. šŸ˜œ

Hey, I pulled most of the dents out, so those don't count.

OP
OP
Riverjeep

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A557EC3C-C6FF-43D2-A9C9-A455B19142D5.jpeg
Yeah, it was a dumb idea, puttting it back like it was.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After reading all 3 pages
Ford Bronco Modification for Oil Change Access s2.quickmeme.com_img_bd_bd4eb605a20e2fa6fed18dccccb334d10e99b47a077a108599f67d84bd66f9c9

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m 72 Years old. It does not take 5 to 10 minutes to get the bash plate off if you have a battery impactor. It takes me about a minuteā€¦. 15 seconds to get down and under, 15 seconds to get two front bolts loose and two rear bolts out, and 30 seconds to get my body back into the standing positionā€¦.

if I donā€™t guess the socket size correctly (15mm?) it takes another minuteā€¦.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The drain out happens much slower if you leave the fill cap and dipstick on. If both of those are removed it will drain significantly faster and making much more of a mess.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It takes about 5 minutes maybe to remove. I just can't see cutting a hole in a skid plate to save 5 minutes.
5 minutes? I just dak dak the two back bolts off, and loosen the front two maybe 2 full rotations and boom that plate slides right off. Takes 30 seconds tops.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m 72 Years old. It does not take 5 to 10 minutes to get the bash plate off if you have a battery impactor. It takes me about a minuteā€¦. 15 seconds to get down and under, 15 seconds to get two front bolts loose and two rear bolts out, and 30 seconds to get my body back into the standing positionā€¦.

if I donā€™t guess the socket size correctly (15mm?) it takes another minuteā€¦.
Pro tip: everything you need for an oil change is 15mm. The oil drain bolt is also 15mm.
Sponsored