Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What’s the resale value on this Norwegian “icon.” ?
I'm just checking to make sure, you are aware that 'Icon' (proper noun) is a Los Angeles company that makes restored Broncos at a ridiculous price, yes?
Ford Bronco Old Bronco Resale Values 1585508603674

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just checking to make sure, you are aware that 'Icon' (proper noun) is a Los Angeles company that makes restored Broncos at a ridiculous price, yes?
Ford Bronco Old Bronco Resale Values 1585508603674
I didn’t, and it doesn’t really change anything. His bitterness is apparent on every thread in regards to the Bronco.

OP
OP

Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II
Corsair, no need to return it, whether it's really there or not.

Also, respect for a man who teaches his kid proper gun safety and how to shoot well! They'll be taking down moose with a 30-06 before you know it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly.
Now, which popular classics have had their values tank in recent years?
Which will tank when the Boomers "age out"?
Early T Birds tanked. I got my 55 cheap cause all the boomers that wanted one already bought em then sold them at peak for $50-100k.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early T Birds tanked. I got my 55 cheap cause all the boomers that wanted one already bought em then sold them at peak for $50-100k.
LOL, come to think of it, Harleys are expexted to tank for the same/similar reasons, especially the big cruisers that all the Boomers had bought, but are too big for them to handle now. They're aging out of them.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, come to think of it, Harleys are expexted to tank for the same/similar reasons, especially the big cruisers that all the Boomers had bought, but are too big for them to handle now. They're aging out of them.
Yep, and fast forward 10 years to current time and 65 Mustangs are peaking. Hope they fall off in value here in 3-4 years. They may not though cause in ten more years there's nothing from the mid 70s that anybody wants. Pantera is really the only thing from the 70s that I can say it would be cool to drive.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Classic car prices fluctuate for many reasons. The biggest driver of value is obviously demand and in my opinion cost to build. I was looking for a EB just like everyone else. The good ones were priced too high so i searched for a restoration project. The thing is, when you start adding up the cost of everything you need to bring it back the 35-45k eBay listings might make more sense. Put several thousand more to finish it off as your own and you now have a truck you are afraid to leave in a parking lot and only drive on nice days. If The right priced EB comes along I will not hesitate to buy, but right now I need a vehicle I can get in on a cold morning and have it start right up and get me to work. I already have a garage queen, sunny Sunday car. See profile picture. To me 50k on a new one makes more sense.

Also, a good rule of thumb is you get back about 50% of what you put into a restoration. ICON is asking 100k plus for those restorations because the are probably costing them 90k in parts and labor to build and there is a market for them. Recession hits, their sales may drop but it will still cost the same to build.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Classic car prices fluctuate for many reasons. The biggest driver of value is obviously demand and in my opinion cost to build. I was looking for a EB just like everyone else. The good ones were priced too high so i searched for a restoration project. The thing is, when you start adding up the cost of everything you need to bring it back the 35-45k eBay listings might make more sense. Put several thousand more to finish it off as your own and you now have a truck you are afraid to leave in a parking lot and only drive on nice days. If The right priced EB comes along I will not hesitate to buy, but right now I need a vehicle I can get in on a cold morning and have it start right up and get me to work. I already have a garage queen, sunny Sunday car. See profile picture. To me 50k on a new one makes more sense.

Also, a good rule of thumb is you get back about 50% of what you put into a restoration. ICON is asking 100k plus for those restorations because the are probably costing them 90k in parts and labor to build and there is a market for them. Recession hits, their sales may drop but it will still cost the same to build.
I hope not. I recently added up parts costs just for kicks on my dad's fox ltd (blown 331 stroker show car). Some of the receipts had PN's, but no description of what it was. I looked them up and was surprised that many of the prices are up 20% since 2015, and some where 40% since 2011. There is zero reason for those price increases, when true average pay hasn't gone up in forever. I'm not buying any big items right now, hoping prices (IE large offroad tire prices are a big one) come back down to earth along with values............

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep, and fast forward 10 years to current time and 65 Mustangs are peaking. Hope they fall off in value here in 3-4 years. They may not though cause in ten more years there's nothing from the mid 70s that anybody wants. Pantera is really the only thing from the 70s that I can say it would be cool to drive.
...c3 Corvette, 1977 Trans am, 2ed gen camaro....

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

My interest in old 4x4s has always been as vehicles you could have fun with for a relatively low cost. Bought my CJ5 for $1400, maybe put in $600 over the years, drove it around for a decade. Rough around the edges and loads of fun on/off road. The EB hobby with 35k+ resto and those crazy priced modded rigs some companies are hawking, along with the rusted junk and scammers ... in my view s*cks.

Cards on the table - I hate what's become of the EB hobby. It's not my scene - at all. Thank god for Jeep. You can still buy an old CJ for relatively low cost, turn a wrench and have some fun. Especially nice for younger generation having less cash. My son is having fun with a TJ because EB prices s*ck. I wouldn't spend 40k on an EB if someone gave me 40k and said buy an EB. I'd burn the cash just for spite. You'd have to pry that 40k from my cold dead hand. Did I mention, I hate what has become of the EB scene, lol.

OP
OP

Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II
I looked them up and was surprised that many of the prices are up 20% since 2015, and some where 40% since 2011. There is zero reason for those price increases, when true average pay hasn't gone up in forever.
Forget about the annual 3% inflation rate, eh? compound that over 5 or 10 years and I think we've found our culprit.
Funny how economy works, but I won't say anything about something I can't fix.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wha
My interest in old 4x4s has always been as vehicles you could have fun with for a relatively low cost. Bought my CJ5 for $1400, maybe put in $600 over the years, drove it around for a decade. Rough around the edges and loads of fun on/off road. The EB hobby with 35k+ resto and those crazy priced modded rigs some companies are hawking, along with the rusted junk and scammers ... in my view s*cks.

Cards on the table - I hate what's become of the EB hobby. It's not my scene - at all. Thank god for Jeep. You can still buy an old CJ for relatively low cost, turn a wrench and have some fun. Especially nice for younger generation having less cash. My son is having fun with a TJ because EB prices s*ck. I wouldn't spend 40k on an EB if someone gave me 40k and said buy an EB. I'd burn the cash just for spite. You'd have to pry that 40k from my cold dead hand. Did I mention, I hate what has become of the EB scene, lol.

What is going on in the EB scene that is so toxic? I've had mine for a few decades now, lived on ClassicBroncos.com for a long time .... until about the time the Icons came out.
Didn't leave for any particular reason.... just didn't have time for it....frustrated with having a build planned but unable to work on it.
Just recently, I've been back at working on it, probably because the new one has got me going and I'm able to free up a day out of a weekend here and there.

I know, when I was last truly active over there, some of the long timers were upset with the fact that interest was rising in the Bronco arena....driving up prices. $500 junkers no longer existed unless they were truly worthless from rot. Only a few had shown up at Barrett, literally, like 5 over the years.

I guess the aftermarket support is double edged sword for the EB scene. Easy availability of high quality parts and mods kits just drove everybody into the market.

For years NOBODY knew what the hell I was driving, last time I drove it (a few years ago), I parked outside a Kohls and was waliking in and overheard a middle school aged boy , "OH COOL! It's an old Bronco!"
I was kinda shocked .
Sponsored