First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sheesh, doesn’t almost every vehicle integrate the antenna into the glass now? This will be my first vehicle in 20 years with an antenna. :(
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://alphadefensegear.com/product-category/bullet-antenna/

Then there's always this...

The disclaimer on their site:
Disclaimer: *None of our antennas are compatible with powered antennas that raise and lower. These are only meant to replace fixed antennas on modern vehicles. As with most aluminum short replacement antennas, reception may vary by vehicle and location. Each antenna base is made out of billet aluminum. Many of our Squad members love their antennas and have had no issues, we wanted to provide you this information for your reference.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In 2021 people also expect their radio to work...

Dad had the stupid in glass antennae in his '81 C10, it worked okish at best depending on which direction the truck was pointed, cleanliness of windshield, and the alignment of up to 7 undetermined stars.

Never had a problem with a normal aerial before, I doubt the Bronco will be any different.
i had a few of the in window antennas. Never seemed to be a problem. Was that because I lived inside the city limits and wasn’t trying to pull in far stations?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sheesh, doesn’t almost every vehicle integrate the antenna into the glass now? This will be my first vehicle in 20 years with an antenna. :(
I haven't owned a car with an antenna in the windshield in over 20 years. They have all been stubbies or integrated with the satellite antenna, cell antenna (shark fin).

Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A little confused, do any of you actually listen to the radio? I know there are some really awesome AM stations that are almost in stereo with a constant drone or talk where you cannot tell a commercial from content. My 78' F150 was AM with one dash speaker. It had the great static feature you could really tune that stuff in. The govt uses the static to control the nanobots.
I understand there are still a few FM stations in English that play old timey rock and roll (Metallica, AC\DC, Will Smith, Weezer, etc) and church music, least on the west coast farm areas.

I am so old, my first aftermarket car CD player had a mute button, turned down the sound to 10% so you could tell when the commercials were over and then blast some Pop music.

trigger warning: content in this post is for the consumption of humor.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would that style antenna work if you get the soft-top or when you remove the hardtop?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little confused, do any of you actually listen to the radio? I know there are some really awesome AM stations that are almost in stereo with a constant drone or talk where you cannot tell a commercial from content. My 78' F150 was AM with one dash speaker. It had the great static feature you could really tune that stuff in. The govt uses the static to control the nanobots.
I understand there are still a few FM stations in English that play old timey rock and roll (Metallica, AC\DC, Will Smith, Weezer, etc) and church music, least on the west coast farm areas.

I am so old, my first aftermarket car CD player had a mute button, turned down the sound to 10% so you could tell when the commercials were over and then blast some Pop music.

trigger warning: content in this post is for the consumption of humor.
I legit do. Local Public Radio... pretty much constantly while driving....

To echo what what some other people have said, I'm far enough away from the radio stations broadcast points in my area that when I put a stubby antenna on my jeep I lost about 75% of my reception. I ended up putting the long thing one back on.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 6" stubby on my jeep. Got tired of banging the antenna when scraping the ice off the windshield. I've had no trouble with reception, even quite a long ways out in the country. I'd agree though, make sure you get a good quality one.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that's insane to me!

I seriously can't remember the last time I saw a car with an antenna like that.

Do I need to take it off before going to the car wash too?? 😂

I'll likely just unscrew that. or replace with a shorter one. I never listen to am/fm anyway..

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's insane to me!

I'll likely just unscrew that. or replace with a shorter one. I never listen to am/fm anyway..
Look around next time you're out driving... they're still everywhere.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look around next time you're out driving... they're still everywhere.
definitely will.

it's just so crazy to me. Last 3 cars I owned most definitely did not have one. crazy.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

that's insane to me!

Yup, my 2014 F-150 had the exact same antenna. Anytime I ran it through a car wash, the attendant would unscrew it for me. Then I'd have to screw it back in afterwards. A couple times the attendant just left it, and it didn't affect anything though, it's really flexible.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had a "real" antenna on a vehicle for a while, but after noticing this a while back, I see plenty of new trucks still have the old-school whip antenna. At the least, I think it's useful for making sure I can fit into a parking garage. There are some low ones in the DC area. :oops:
Sponsored