First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just aren't going to let that go, are you? I am planning on Plastidipping my rings to match my black tow receiver.
"to match my black tow receiver."

Sonofa........

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went and purchased the black badge from dealership for 40 bucks. Matches my reciever and rims just fine now! Seriously though the adhesive they used on the badge was hell getting off with a heatgun, have patience guys dont damage your paint!

DSC_0575.JPG

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To add to the thread, i got mine powdercoated for free (thanks discount tire!) and matches the carbonized grey on my grill, came out nice.

DSC_0500.JPG

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The bitch of it all is, as "YouTube Influencers" they've probably had the Bronco since June of last year! :ROFLMAO:

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had mine color matched personally. Wife did too.
Ford Bronco Oooof...How NOT To Paint Your Beauty Rings C613FEFD-6F1C-4EFD-8521-3F41C4312A11

Ford Bronco Oooof...How NOT To Paint Your Beauty Rings 046EA4C3-E8BA-4B02-A7C1-B9BA1DF28B74

Antimatter Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi Q7, 2012 F150 Platinum, 1993 Ford Lightn
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Watching this video was like watching my brother in law use tools for the first time! ( he didnt know why the drill bit kept falling out of the drill, had know idea he had to tighten the chuck):unsure:

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve never understood how people spend decent money on a brand new vehicle, then ruin it by doing shit like this. If you can afford a $40k+ truck you should be able to afford to have this done properly.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting ready to paint my beauty rings (considered powdercoating, but giving paint a try first. I'm pretty good with a rattle can).

Decided to look up a video or two to see if there was any issues I might run into, either removing the rings (which I will do), or color-matching the existing black wheels.

Then, I stumbled upon this video. If they're forum members, I apologize, but this is one of the cringiest How-To videos I've ever seen.
From not being able to remove the bolts/ring, to not masking off the rim(!!!) or tire, to appearing to never had used spray paint before(!!!!!!!!).

That paint job reminded me of something .................

Ford Bronco Oooof...How NOT To Paint Your Beauty Rings 1661197798166

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting ready to paint my beauty rings (considered powdercoating, but giving paint a try first. I'm pretty good with a rattle can).

Decided to look up a video or two to see if there was any issues I might run into, either removing the rings (which I will do), or color-matching the existing black wheels.

Then, I stumbled upon this video. If they're forum members, I apologize, but this is one of the cringiest How-To videos I've ever seen.
From not being able to remove the bolts/ring, to not masking off the rim(!!!) or tire, to appearing to never had used spray paint before(!!!!!!!!).

Talk about permanent tire black. I've always wanted perfect tire black and wow! Never thought of that.

Poor people. Sometimes experience and research is key. Now those tires are going to be horrible in a couple of years. Not prepping. Wow! That won't last a long time. Sometimes it isn't worth Doing It Yourself. On a new vehicle too! Sometimes you got to leave it to the pros.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
... Sometimes it isn't worth Doing It Yourself. Sometimes you got to leave it to the pros.
Now I want to see this guy reloading or building his own 👻 gat. LOL

Who would want to be first to test it out?!?

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude...that video. What on earth? Neither one of them has ever used a tool, built anything or painted anything. Ever. So why start now and why think you have something to teach others?

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i have plasti dipped many rims and trim. done correctly will last minimal 3 years, but this video hurts my soul , as a former graffiti artist and customizer. no prep or masking of the tire or rims

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its dip so it is not permanent but still. i think u can get them done by a pro for like 100 maybe 150 please dont do this
Yeah i'm planning on dipping mine I think, at least at first. However I will actually do it properly.... i might not scuff up the rings at all but if I do it will be fine enough that I can polish it out. Even if you decide to be lazy and do it with the rings on, FFS, mask the shit off.
Sponsored