Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I concur, perfectly quiet manual here...
Iā€™ll trade you my climate control knobs with LCD readout + noisy trans for your quiet trans + climate control knobs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So by that logic you don't want a 2.7, a MIC (so no 2 door), ...
There are probably 100 or more different issues with the Bronco, and they don't all equate.

A transmission is a lifeblood of a vehicle. Can't speak for others, but I tend to hang onto vehicles long after warranty is over, and I specifically chose manual because of my history of having very long service life from my manuals (200,000+ miles) compared to automatics (currently installing a rebuilt auto trans in my Jeep TJ).

So yeah, a manual trans issue already with a TSB and more than just a handful of users experiencing the issue and no solid fix - I'm going to be more concerned about that than some early V6 failures or a hardtop with some delamination (which I'd probably seal myself and move on).

But some guy who unloads vehicles every 3 years or so for his next toy? That guy probably doesn't care about any of this stuff. An out of warranty trans wear issue will be someone else's problem, lol.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ll trade you my climate control knobs with LCD readout + noisy trans for your quiet trans + climate control knobs
I'll take anyone's hardtop splitting in two, for a rock solid reliable drivetrain. :)

Or the folks complaining about a few drops of water on the seats, lol.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There are probably 100 or more different issues with the Bronco, and they don't all equate.

A transmission is a lifeblood of a vehicle. Can't speak for others, but I tend to hang onto vehicles long after warranty is over, and I specifically chose manual because of my history of having very long service life from my manuals (200,000+ miles) compared to automatics (currently installing a rebuilt auto trans in my Jeep TJ).

So yeah, a manual trans issue already with a TSB and more than just a handful of users experiencing the issue and no solid fix - I'm going to be more concerned about that than some early V6 failures or a hardtop with some delamination (which I'd probably seal myself and move on).

But some guy who unloads vehicles every 3 years or so for his next toy? That guy probably doesn't care about any of this stuff. An out of warranty trans wear issue will be someone else's problem, lol.
I get it, but just pointing out thereā€™s been a few reported manual problems on B6G and dozens of 2.7 failures.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, i think it's possible that email is incorrect.(rockstars)

If you can, have someone run the vin, window sticker, or check the backdoor.

I'd be hoping that email is incorrect. The 7mt is awesome

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The spreadsheet on this site alone is up to 108 people reporting problems with the Chinese transmission. LOL
Ok - so you want a 2.3 10AT or a BRaptor I guess

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My point is the same as it was when the 2.7s were imploding: 100 out of 10ā€™s of thousands is not something I would freak out about when deciding what to order or buy. Thatā€™s what warranties are for.

Heck people are worried about the longevity of the 10R60 since it isnā€™t a 10R80.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The spreadsheet on this site alone is up to 108 people reporting problems with the Chinese transmission. LOL
Iā€™ve driven many MTs over the last 40 years. Many of them made noises. When itā€™s related to actual problems and failures, Iā€™ll be more worried. In the meantime, Iā€™ll continue to add to the 18K worry free miles my MT has given me and worry more about the things that will most likely strand me on a trail. Anything mechanical can fail, but todayā€™s failure rates are much lower than the good old days.

Phil James

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So just to be clear in no way is this me complaining about my situation, I consider myself super lucky in this Bronco circus. So hereā€™s the story: Bronco 2dr ordered 2/24/22 (base, MANUAL 2.3, modular bumper, aux switches). Fast forward to October when ford wanted all existing orders to be confirmed etc. I decided to upgrade my order (in person @ dealership) at this time 10/25/22 to (base, MANUAL 2.3, Sasquatch, modular bumper, aux switches). So on 1/19/23 I got the email that my Bronco was scheduled for production! Awesome! I then looked at the order details from my ā€œyour vehicle is scheduled for productionā€ email and noticed that it showed my order was a 2.3 automatic!? Wait, what? Somehow my manual order got changed to an automatic 2.3, everything else was good on the order. I immediately called my dealer and spoke to a manager. The manager said they did not change the order and said they reached out to their ford rep and havenā€™t heard anything back, this was a week ago. Already having my vin #, I know I canā€™t change my order no matter whoā€™s fault it is (dealership or Ford) however I want to ask if anyone has had anything like this happen to them? I have all my docs proving what I ordered (7 speed manual)etc. Anybody have a similar situation? Any advice on this? Should I go above my dealership and contact ford directly? Thanks in advance
Same here, 2 door manual to automatic. It was more than a year ago, however, and I caught it when I got the confirmation email and Cody at Barbee's fixed it.
Sorry šŸ˜’

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve driven many MTs over the last 40 years. Many of them made noises. When itā€™s related to actual problems and failures, Iā€™ll be more worried. In the meantime, Iā€™ll continue to add to the 18K worry free miles my MT has given me and worry more about the things that will most likely strand me on a trail. Anything mechanical can fail, but todayā€™s failure rates are much lower than the good old days.
I'm in the same boat, commute 50+ miles a day to work, nearing retirement, live 100 miles from a city of any real size, millions of miles on both autos and manuals and the transmissions are usually the least of my worries. That doesn't take away for the fact that dozens upon dozens of people here, have enough worries about their manuals that they scheduled service appoints to have them checked out. I simply pointed out that the number were more than "a few" Sucks for the OP to lose the transmission he wanted.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even ford is getting confused with the order when charging the same for manual and auto Sasquatch šŸ˜©

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8k miles with dozens of off-road if trips in my 7MT including KOH which is where Iā€™m posting this from and I can say this transmission is a beast.

Get what you want.
Sponsored