Sponsored

First world probem-My stealership changed my order without my permission?

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just informed via the customer service line my Bronco Badlands order was approved and the vin will be assigned soon. Happy days!
....Unfortunately my dealer changed my '99' order's details without informing me and submitted my order with only a soft top....no hardtop!
I live in the Oregon rain forest, and really do require the hardtop 7 months of the year. I do have my 10/21/2021 DORA that shows my '99' status. My dealer changed that sometime between 10/21 and 12/8/2021.
I want to assume my dealer wanted to help me....But- they truly did know I was willing to patiently wait it out for a painted hardtop!
Perhaps, they are really hurting from the lack of sales this year, and are forcing thru any orders they can?
Now, I am scrambling to attempt to work with FORD Customer service- trying to insure my 'completed' Bronco will be shipped with at least an MIC hardtop
... or at least one shipped as an additional part with it?

on 12/8/21 I received this email from my salesperson:
"I spoke to my inventory manager just now. He said your order is previewing for being scheduled for a 2022. He's calling our Ford rep to tell them we wanted to keep it in status 99. He doesn't know how long the white hard top is going to take before it's released but we're still not able to build it from Ford that way. So right now I guess we have the opportunity to get your Bronco sooner than later if you wanted to have it scheduled. Otherwise we're doing what we can to get them to cancel the production but still keep your spot in line."

Would appreciate help from ANYONE with this forum willing and able to help me escalate and bring in someone with FORD upper management that cares about my experience.
Now, I will have to order the painted white hard top someday in the future and pay for an additional top.
First world problem.

I am not angry, but truly disappointed. Emotional roller coaster continues. Will keep the hope alive for a painted hardtop someday.
In the end..... it iz what it iz!

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Comparing your situation with mine there are a lot of similarities. I am on the east side of the Canadian Rockies and we get properly cold winters here. I decided to switch to soft top in September in order to get my Bronco earlier. I will certainly add a hard top when available, but the opportunity to receive my Bronco earlier is the prize. If people in Alaska and many on the PNW can use soft tops, then so can I.

Global supply issues are going to get worse before they get better, and prices will likely rise dramatically on all commodities next year. You are managing your own risk by getting a build earlier rather than later. For some the “later” may end up being “much later”. Consider yourself lucky to have a build now, and get a hard top later. Or not. The soft top may be exactly what you end up needing.

my .02

Last edited:

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What number are you calling -- I cant get a call back from my dealership - would like to call ford

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just informed via the customer service line my Bronco Badlands order was approved and the vin will be assigned soon. Happy days!
....Unfortunately my dealer changed my '99' order's details without informing me and submitted my order with only a soft top....no hardtop!
I live in the Oregon rain forest, and really do require the hardtop 7 months of the year. I do have my 10/21/2021 DORA that shows my '99' status. My dealer changed that sometime between 10/21 and 12/8/2021.
I want to assume my dealer wanted to help me....But- they truly did know I was willing to patiently wait it out for a painted hardtop!
Perhaps, they are really hurting from the lack of sales this year, and are forcing thru any orders they can?
Now, I am scrambling to attempt to work with FORD Customer service- trying to insure my 'completed' Bronco will be shipped with at least an MIC hardtop

"I spoke to my inventory manager just now. He said your order is previewing for being scheduled for a 2022. He's calling our Ford rep to tell them we wanted to keep it in status 99. He doesn't know how long the white hard top is going to take before it's released but we're still not able to build it from Ford that way. So right now I guess we have the opportunity to get your Bronco sooner than later if you wanted to have it scheduled. Otherwise we're doing what we can to get them to cancel the production but still keep your spot in line."

Would appreciate help from ANYONE with this forum willing and able to help me escalate and bring in someone with FORD upper management that cares about my experience.
Now, I will have to order the painted white hard top someday in the future and pay for an additional top.
First world problem.

I am not angry, but truly disappointed. Emotional roller coaster continues. Will keep the hope alive for a painted hardtop someday.
I can see holding out for a MIC top, you can paint it or Plastidip it white if you really want to, but a Ford white top? I would think that spec is not available at all, not available until 2023, and would cause you to lose a reservation number? I get your annoyance at being switched to a softie, but with the included rear window kit, why not take the softie and put on an aftermarket hard top or a Ford HT in 1- 2 years when available? Then you'll have a "Dual-Top".

I like my MIC 4dr top, I remove 2 or 3 of the panels frequently. Having repaired one, it is clear to me they will hold paint with a proper primer. I may Plastidip mine. HOWEVER, from my experience it is impossible to take the tops on and off regularly without little scratches and dings and maybe an eventual drop or two, so how will that do with white paint?

Of course, if what you really want is a permanent top or a sliding glass top, they're already becoming avsilable in the Aftermarket. Anyway, good luck, I think your dealer is trying to help you, and thought I'd share my perspective with a MIC top. If the outcome is you could get a 2022 MIC, thats a great outcome, IMO

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see holding out for a MIC top, you can paint it or Plastidip it white if you really want to, but a Ford white top? I would think that spec is not available at all, not available until 2023, and would cause you to lose a reservation number? I get your annoyance at being switched to a softie, but with the included rear window kit, why not take the softie and put on an aftermarket hard top or a Ford HT in 1- 2 years when available? Then you'll have a "Dual-Top".

I like my MIC 4dr top, I remove 2 or 3 of the panels frequently. Having repaired one, it is clear to me they will hold paint with a proper primer. I may Plastidip mine. HOWEVER, from my experience it is impossible to take the tops on and off regularly without little scratches and dings and maybe an eventual drop or two, so how will that do with white paint?

Of course, if what you really want is a permanent top or a sliding glass top, they're already becoming avsilable in the Aftermarket. Anyway, good luck, I think your dealer is trying to help you, and thought I'd share my perspective with a MIC top. If the outcome is you could get a 2022 MIC, thats a great outcome, IMO
Understand your opinion and all good advise.
Please tell me if you know where an aftermarket Bronco hard top is available, I am 100% interested in aftermarket ideas.
I was blindsided and honestly disappointed my dealer did not allow me the simple opportunity to add it to my 10/21/21 (coded '99' order) they changed my reservation order code and submitted early this week without telling me...I am willing to accept the MIC top for now- in place of losing my reservation. Just want the MIC included with the order they submitted... so it ships complete with both tops or only the MIC hardtop.They knew all along I was always willing to wait for the dual top original build which I had legitimately and initially reserved.
Simply put: Oregon coast range woods and our rain-forest's long cold weather season is hard on soft tops.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can't believe there's so many people who don't want a Bronco and are willing to wait 2 more years, at minimum, just because there's no factory available fugly white roof yet. Sucks your order is screwed up, but damn...seems like such a ridiculous reason to wait

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe there's so many people who don't want a Bronco and are willing to wait 2 more years, at minimum, just because there's no factory available fugly white roof yet. Sucks your order is screwed up, but damn...seems like such a ridiculous reason to wait
I really do like the fugly white roof.
But -yes I'll settle for a truly ugly MIC hard top appetizer to hold me over

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Understand your opinion and all good advise.
Please tell me if you know where an aftermarket Bronco hard top is available, I am 100% interested in aftermarket ideas.
I was blindsided and honestly disappointed my dealer did not allow me the simple opportunity to add it to my 10/21/21 (coded '99' order) they changed my reservation order code and submitted early this week without telling me...I am willing to accept the MIC top for now- in place of losing my reservation. Just want the MIC included with the order they submitted... so it ships complete with both tops or only the MIC hardtop.They knew all along I was always willing to wait for the dual top original build which I had legitimately and initially reserved.
Simply put: Oregon coast range woods and our rain-forest's long cold weather season is hard on soft tops.
You're in a tough bind. I understand your frustration. You've got to do what works for you. I did, I waited and held out for a MIC top, and I love it, and my plan is to paint it in time. I've seen some expensive custom hard tops showcased on this blog, so I'm sure that in time what you're looking for will be available and affordable, and I hope you can make that happen!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First world problem.

To answer your later question, this seems to be one on the early custom hard tops, with more to follow - - assumedly with lower prices in time!
https://www.soflojeeps.com/product/bronco-stallion-slantback/

Sponsored
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whoa! That is a beauty. Makes my wallet pucker.
Not that I know anything about their company. They've misrepresented this build, its a lower model Big Bend, not an OBX, missing the body-color mirror caps & door handles, has the smaller screen & 2.3 engine. But seems like nice work.

SmartSelect_20211211-085554_Chrome.jpg

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because we don’t need it now, and don’t want to pay for something we don’t want, like a fabric top.

I hated the way the soft tops opened. That is my opinion and others are welcome to theirs. If I ever decide I want a soft top, I will get an aftermarket top at a price much less expensive than the cost of a pair of Ford tops.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand the infatuation. 🤮🤮

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Comparing your situation with mine there are a lot of similarities. I am on the east side of the Canadian Rockies and we get properly cold winters here. I decided to switch to soft top in September in order to get my Bronco earlier. I will certainly add a hard top when available, but the opportunity to receive my Bronco earlier is the prize. If people in Alaska and many on the PNW can use soft tops, then so can I.

Global supply issues are going to get worse before they get better, and prices will likely rise dramatically on all commodities next year. You are managing your own risk by getting a build earlier rather than later. For some the “later” may end up being “much later”. Consider yourself lucky to have a build now, and get a hard top later. Or not. The soft top may be exactly what you end up needing.

my .02
White Hard Top is barely on the ford is thinking about it list.
Sponsored