First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So just to be clear in no way is this me complaining about my situation, I consider myself super lucky in this Bronco circus. So here’s the story: Bronco 2dr ordered 2/24/22 (base, MANUAL 2.3, modular bumper, aux switches). Fast forward to October when ford wanted all existing orders to be confirmed etc. I decided to upgrade my order (in person @ dealership) at this time 10/25/22 to (base, MANUAL 2.3, Sasquatch, modular bumper, aux switches). So on 1/19/23 I got the email that my Bronco was scheduled for production! Awesome! I then looked at the order details from my “your vehicle is scheduled for production” email and noticed that it showed my order was a 2.3 automatic!? Wait, what? Somehow my manual order got changed to an automatic 2.3, everything else was good on the order. I immediately called my dealer and spoke to a manager. The manager said they did not change the order and said they reached out to their ford rep and haven’t heard anything back, this was a week ago. Already having my vin #, I know I can’t change my order no matter who’s fault it is (dealership or Ford) however I want to ask if anyone has had anything like this happen to them? I have all my docs proving what I ordered (7 speed manual)etc. Anybody have a similar situation? Any advice on this? Should I go above my dealership and contact ford directly? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So just to be clear in no way is this me complaining about my situation, I consider myself super lucky in this Bronco circus. So here’s the story: Bronco 2dr ordered 2/24/22 (base, MANUAL 2.3, modular bumper, aux switches). Fast forward to October when ford wanted all existing orders to be confirmed etc. I decided to upgrade my order (in person @ dealership) at this time 10/25/22 to (base, MANUAL 2.3, Sasquatch, modular bumper, aux switches). So on 1/19/23 I got the email that my Bronco was scheduled for production! Awesome! I then looked at the order details from my “your vehicle is scheduled for production” email and noticed that it showed my order was a 2.3 automatic!? Wait, what? Somehow my manual order got changed to an automatic 2.3, everything else was good on the order. I immediately called my dealer and spoke to a manager. The manager said they did not change the order and said they reached out to their ford rep and haven’t heard anything back, this was a week ago. Already having my vin #, I know I can’t change my order no matter who’s fault it is (dealership or Ford) however I want to ask if anyone has had anything like this happen to them? I have all my docs proving what I ordered (7 speed manual)etc. Anybody have a similar situation? Any advice on this? Should I go above my dealership and contact ford directly? Thanks in advance
You might consider yourself lucky, because some (many) manual transmissions are having issues. So you might have dodged a bullitt.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/manual-transmission-scraping-noise-grinding-sound.33282/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-rotational-scraping-noise-in-the-7mts.63324/

That said, I test drove a 2-door auto 6cyl Wildtrak and a 2-door manual 4cyl Badlands, and loved driving the manual. Loved the shifting, feel and control. In terms of operation, man I really liked the manual. But what good is that, if the trans has an issue with no fix (yet).

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many of us have the MT with no issues and the actual number of failed MT is pretty low. If you wanted and ordered a MT, you should get a MT.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you called Ford CS hotline? If the dealer has no answer then that should be the next move.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZIA07

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
@indio22 I’ve seen the MT thread and thought the same thing. I love manuals and have owned 4 in my lifetime. The issues the Bronco is having with them is something I want no part of, even though I know it’s only a small %. Honestly I’ll be happy with either, but at the same time I want what I ordered. And in a “normal” situation I feel like something would be done to makes this right, but we all know this isn’t a normal situation.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many of us have the MT with no issues and the actual number of failed MT is pretty low. If you wanted and ordered a MT, you should get a MT.
I don't think manual trans failures are the issue (yet). Rather some owners are experiencing grumbling/rumbling/scraping sounds from the manual trans. And that's not good.

There is a list of forum members experiencing the condition, and Ford issued a TSB related to the issue (which reportedly does not actually fix the issue). So at least the situation seems more than just smoke, and is worth giving consideration when selecting a vehicle config.

It's good to hear (or not hear so to speak) that your trans is fine and not making the noise. Hopefully the issue is rare, doesn't get worse, and there is ultimately a solid fix for those encountering the issue.

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have no recourse unless the dealer or Ford give you a credit to cover the extra cost of the auto. Basesquatch scheduling is done for the year and will probably be gone forever as Ford realigns the lineup. MTs are also done for the year too and if you want the MT/Squatch combo you’ll pay dearly in MY 24 for a higher trim.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Always question #1 - Did you get a copy of the DORA after you added Sasquatch?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have the Dora from when you reordered a 2023?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have no recourse unless the dealer or Ford give you a credit to cover the extra cost of the auto. Basesquatch scheduling is done for the year and will probably be gone forever as Ford realigns the lineup. MTs are also done for the year too and if you want the MT/Squatch combo you’ll pay dearly in MY 24 for a higher trim.
Where are you hearing this base Sas going away thing? I've heard some people make assumptions about it, with oddly some people even hoping for it, but is there actually clear direction from Ford that Sas will be dropped from base?

Unless Ford bean counters have determined significantly more money can be made pushing Sas only to higher lever versions, I question if Ford will throw away the money to be made with Sas upsell on all versions.

Plenty of people seem to already be wanting the higher versions of the Bronco anyway, a lot of people simply don't want base Sas or no, without all the other extras and trinkets.

OP
OP
ZIA07

ZIA07

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have DORA w/ Sasquatch and 7 speed signed by manager.
Ford Bronco Order changed from manual to automatic without my knowledge or consent D7825CA2-D404-4BDC-842C-D8C869410BCE

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@indio22 I’ve seen the MT thread and thought the same thing. I love manuals and have owned 4 in my lifetime. The issues the Bronco is having with them is something I want no part of, even though I know it’s only a small %. Honestly I’ll be happy with either, but at the same time I want what I ordered. And in a “normal” situation I feel like something would be done to makes this right, but we all know this isn’t a normal situation.
When my 2022 order was flipped to 2023, I happened to look at the order online, and suddenly it was listed as color black. I quickly called and had it changed back to Velocity Blue. And this was with what many consider one of the more "on the ball" dealers. So I guess things can happen, and it's worth double checking everything.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So by that logic you don't want a 2.7, a MIC (so no 2 door), ...
Sponsored