Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like I said, they refused to give me ANY information unless I wrote them the check. I even told them I would pay for the car outright if I knew I would get it in the Spring or Summer. They just wanted the money.
Pssst @Bigcatz1, who was this dealer? I got some McD's riding on your answer.

Hint: Say is was Chapman Ford and I win.... shhhh ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bigcatz1

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Q8, Epedition, Wrangler Sport, Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pssst @Bigcatz1, who was this dealer? I got some McD's riding on your answer.

Hint: Say is was Chapman Ford and I win.... shhhh ?
I will tell you it WAS NOT. I moved my reservation to Performance Ford of East Hanover. They have been exceptionally professional, unlike the previous place. I don't want to have anything to do with the other place, and, I already told Ford about their shenanigans when I moved the reservation.

Sorry about the MickeyD's.........

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh don't you worry, I'm sure quite a few peeps with reservations through you got banged for $2,500. At that rate, I should be getting free McD's for the next 6 months! ?

Give them time, they just haven't found this site yet ;)

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh don't you worry, I'm sure quite a few peeps with reservations through you got banged for $2,500. At that rate, I should be getting free McD's for the next 6 months! ?

Give them time, they just haven't found this site yet ;)
i did bang a couple peeps for the $2500 b4 the fiasco i created, but if they didn't want the vehicle, i would give it back to them without an issue...if we ever meet up at an off road event, ill upgrade u to 5 guys

Sponsored

EMrider

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finalized my build and placed my order with dealer yesterday. MSRP and a refundable $1,000 deposit. This dealer has about 200 reservations and I was the 7th to actually place and order with them. My reservation was made in early July 2020.

Pretty unpleasant experience overall. The salesperson casually mentioned that the “sales manager” was looking to get 7k over MSRP on Badlands and 12k over MSRP on FE models. Thus began the usual kabuki process of price negotiation. Also a lot of the salesperson’s comments on availability did not synch with Ford’s statements and the info on this forum. All in all, a case study in why car dealership practices leave such a bad impression with customers.

In the end, I’m OK with my final terms and I don’t expect to see this dealer again after taking delivery.

R

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's fairly simple for me. I'm not giving one thin dime that's not refundable. I understand a smaller refundable deposit, but $2500 is out of the question. I want a Bronco, but it's not a prerequisite for me. I can carry on quite nicely without one.

Last edited:

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They lied. My dealer said no money down is required.
But he also told me that some dealerships were padding their cost + $5,000 and said they will get in trouble with Ford for doing that.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finalized my order with no deposit (other than the $100 reservation). I hate to hear that dealers are taking advantage of buyers by charging high deposits. Non-refundable deposits are a red-flag to NEVER do business with them.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But he also told me that some dealerships were padding their cost + $5,000 and said they will get in trouble with Ford for doing that.
I don't think the old boy has the truth in him. Dealers put premiums on new, or specialty vehicles all of the time. I don't think you could buy a new Mustang GT500 for MSRP anywhere right now. After all, MSRP stands for "manufacturers suggested retail price". :)
Sponsored