Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm purchasing a Badloads Bronco for its looks, cargo space, manual transmission, and its ability to soak up DC's potholes, lol. I'll rarely take it off-road, if ever. I'd tow over state lines and back home once a year. A truck didn't seem like worth it if I was just using it to tow once a year. I don't want to daily a truck around the city. Bronco seems badass but I'm forgoing the sasquatch package. A truck doesn't seem like fun to daily. I won't mind modifying the Bronco for my needs.
In your case Iā€™d rent pick up truck for the occasional towing needs, especially if itā€™s only needed annually. Be cheaper than modifying and potentially screwing up your Broncoā€˜s suspension. Home Depot, U-Haul and nearly any rental car company has them available.
Sponsored

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you considered towing the Bronco with the GT350 ?

OP
OP

BoomBoy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you considered towing the Bronco with the GT350 ?
GT350 is not even rated to tow a trailer. A regular Mustang GT is rated for only 1000 pounds.

OP
OP

BoomBoy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford engineer @D2dhanover discussed Bronco tow constraints in prior posts, but then he was beamed up to the Mothership and quickly teleported away to Area 51 for reprogramming.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-raptor-towing-4500.34606/post-1149645

TL;DR -- "The factors that limit [tow rating] are the suspension causing a low maximum tongue weight." ... "The limitation is in that alone because of how badly it will squat when loaded. Mechanically and structurally Bronco can handle twice that."

i.e., "Carolina Squat"

CAROLINA-SQUAT.jpg

Canine Squat.gif
So it is the suspension. Maybe the Coil SumoSprings in the rear will do the trick.

https://www.superspringsinternational.com/shop/css-1168/

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the process of ordering a 4-door manual Badlands Bronco with hardtop and high package as the only options. I plan to trade in my Ford Fiesta ST and keep my GT350 as a second car. The Bronco will be my daily.

I have a question....

I know the towing capacity is only 3,500 pounds. I'd like to tow my GT350 on a flat bed safely if possible (even if not legal). GT350 curb weight is 3,760. The trailer stand alone probably weighs 2,000. Together it's 5,760 lbs.

Would it be safe to tow with a Curt Class III Trailer Hitch for around 6000 lbs payload?
Badlands tow capacity is less than other models... like 3250 ish. You b redneckin' it and liable as hell if you did that...

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[

Dude , yer outta line. This is about safety.
In this case the dildo cannot be safely removed from the situation because the dildo is the owner/driver wondering if it is safe to tow with ANY vehicle at damn near double it's tow rating .
Remove the dildo and now we have an over weight rig rolling down the highway with no driver.
With a dripping gap! :0)

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2021 Outer Banks, 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't believe this thread has actually made it to 6 pages. And here I am adding to it...:rolleyes:

OP
OP

BoomBoy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To anyone wondering:

I've backed out the Bronco order. Badlands too expensive with ADM. No manual with mid package for Black Diamond. Low towing rating from factory. Seems like not worth it.
Sponsored