Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this was my thought process too.

I feel like I need to see the black/roast leather interior in person, but I know that’s a stretch finding one on a lot. The seats themselves don’t bother me, but based on photos I think the dash and door accents are sort of ugly. I’m open to being pleasantly surprised.

If I delete the aux switches does the sun glass holder come standard? Also still confused about the rear view mirror features on the BL.
You’d be surprised what you can find in person if you cast a wide net. There was no aux switch “delete” for my OBX. It was a $195 option that I didn’t select. I disagree with the guys telling you to future proof. I think you should have a pretty good idea if you’ll need light bars and a winch before you buy the vehicle, especially if you’re coming from a Jeep
Sponsored

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this was my thought process too.

I feel like I need to see the black/roast leather interior in person, but I know that’s a stretch finding one on a lot. The seats themselves don’t bother me, but based on photos I think the dash and door accents are sort of ugly. I’m open to being pleasantly surprised.

If I delete the aux switches does the sun glass holder come standard? Also still confused about the rear view mirror features on the BL.
As @Djstang2011 alluded to, you'll need to opt for Mid-package on the Badlands to get the Auto Dimming mirror. As for the Aux switches, they come standard on the Badlands so there's not away to remove that option.

If you're looking for a place to store sunglasses, there's a nice sunglass-sized cubby in the middle console.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks <> Badlands Mid package

OP
OP

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate all your input, guys. For now I think I’ll stick with the OBX with Lux. I like the black interior of the BL but the price difference doesn’t seem to warrant the upgrade. Perhaps I’ll change my mind by the time order banks re-open and my order would enter production.

sasquatches

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
*puts on flame suit*

The sunglasses holder has been infinitely more useful for me in a vehicle with already limited storage.

Edit: optional rear locker is a no brainer on a non-sas obx. Great value at $795 for the capability you receive.
I stuck a little poach above the sun visor. That's where I keep my sunglasses.

something similar to this on Amazon.

aham23

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2019 Audi SQ%
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
jumping in on an older thread here. sorta same question, but OBX SAS vs BL SAS. I can get one right now or wait for the other.

when the OBX has the SAS and other items like aux switches added in what really is the difference from a BL SAS? Interior color and a few minor things that allegedly make the OBX more luxurious?

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
when the OBX has the SAS and other items like aux switches added in what really is the difference from a BL SAS? Interior color and a few minor things that allegedly make the OBX more luxurious?
The only mechanical difference is that the BL will have the auto front stabilizer bar disconnect. GOAT modes may be differ but can be added/removed via FORScan
Potential interior differences may include MGV, rubberized flooring and power leather seats depending on the options selected and the build date of the OBX.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it will be primarily street use. In the years I’ve had jeeps I think I’ve been off-road once, so off-road features aren’t a necessity for me.
OBX all day long for you, good sir.

aham23

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only mechanical difference is that the BL will have the auto front stabilizer bar disconnect. GOAT modes may be differ but can be added/removed via FORScan
Potential interior differences may include MGV, rubberized flooring and power leather seats depending on the options selected and the build date of the OBX.
so an OBX with SAS will not have the front staybar disconnect? i thought this was part of the SAS and not part of the Badlands.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate all your input, guys. For now I think I’ll stick with the OBX with Lux. I like the black interior of the BL but the price difference doesn’t seem to warrant the upgrade. Perhaps I’ll change my mind by the time order banks re-open and my order would enter production.
Honestly if you're buying OBX with Lux and Sasquatch I would consider Wildtrak. I have a Lux BL and I wish I had just gotten a Wildtrak. BL is the heaviest one by a few hundred pounds thus gets the worst gas mileage. I cant even crack 17mpg but some on here report 20+.

aham23

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah i am not buying a "truck" with 35s and even thinking about gas mileage.

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly if you're buying OBX with Lux and Sasquatch I would consider Wildtrak. I have a Lux BL and I wish I had just gotten a Wildtrak. BL is the heaviest one by a few hundred pounds thus gets the worst gas mileage. I cant even crack 17mpg but some on here report 20+.
Really? I can't get mine under 19 unless I push really hard constantly.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just going from memory.
On the hardware side,
BL gets bash plates, steel bumpers, second rear recovery loop, StaBar disconnect.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? I can't get mine under 19 unless I push really hard constantly.
Yep. I got it up to 17.5 by driving in EcoMode for a week but as soon as I started driving in Normal again I have drifted back down to 17-17.1. I don't drive aggressive at all really. Ive tried both 87 and 93 octane and neither really changed the MPG. Im considering getting the ford performance tune to see how it reacts.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is easy: If you want to seriously off road, get the BL w/Sas. It's got both lockers, sta-bar disconnect, lower gearing, belly plates. Also, probably suggest the 10spd w/2.7, which is even more. You need the Lux for 360 cameras, which is also a near-must off road (especially if you go out yourself). Even more...

If not really going out wheeling is your thing, get the OBX (w/Sas) and upgrade as you feel necessary (and can afford).

So basically ask yourself, do you really want to offroad more than some dabbling? The BL is really the top of the line off roader (WildTrak the top of the sport, outside of the Raptor). You can still off road with an OBX, though, even without Sas (shock! horror!).

And get the aux switches. Either model, you'll regret wiring things yourself. If you really really don't care about wiring anything aftermarket, ok. Just don't say I and several others didn't warn you... lol
Sponsored

Last edited: