First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has it ever been confirmed the mirror caps come off?

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am switching to badlands. The roast leather is killing me with the anodized dash. And no on the navy pier.

I was hoping to get an AMB loaded OBX with black mod top to match grille and blue flares for the color pops and upgrade to 33s. But now with MIC top and bad interior I’m switching over to badlands A51 (which goes well with MiC top) and badlands has unpainted parts to match the MIc top.

My build is actually LESS for more content. And better interior.

See column 1 vs the highlighted column

How is that possible you say?
1. Badlands has marine grade standard so I save 2200 not getting leather compared to OBX. No power seats (the ONLY sacrifice here) but neither has memory seats so who cares
2. I could live with MIC top since badlands has other matching trim pieces and grille. I don’t need to pay which I think will be 3k for a mod top on the OBX (including deadening freight and tax)
3. Standard 33s vs paying 1500 for tires and 795 for gearing on OBX
4. The cost for auto 2.7L on badlands is the SAME as OBX at 1895 even though OBX 2.3 comes standard with auto. So it’s as if you’re getting a free auto with Badlands since OBX has an auto built into the base price. NOTE SURVEY PRICES INDICATED IT SHOULD BE MORE, AND FORD MAY INCREASE THE PRICE ON OTHER TRIMS INCLUDING BADLANDS. This has been highlighted as a potential mistake on B&P but we shall see

...so I’m saving money, and gettin everything day 1

5BD7EFE7-0658-43A7-A255-BE98C0EEB589.jpeg
Check the ford site because when you look at the comparison chart they still have up, the high plan is suppose to include the sound deadening material. I would definitely push to have that added for free since that is the true definition of a bait and switch and they still have it posted to their site. See below:
8860830A-9A40-4428-B2BE-195713CCB97B.jpeg

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check the ford site because when you look at the comparison chart they still have up, the high plan is suppose to include the sound deadening material. I would definitely push to have that added for free since that is the true definition of a bait and switch and they still have it posted to their site. See below:
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 8860830A-9A40-4428-B2BE-195713CCB97B
That sound deadening is built into the body. The sound deadening kit for the top is completely different than what's mentioned in the high package.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi- for those of looking at OBX w no Sasquatch package. What are you going to do if you dont like the wheels? I am not a fan at all so I was thinking either powder coat or does anyone have suggestions on some after market wheels.

Thanks
My plan is to get a set of 17" wheels and put AT tires on them (probably K03s) and use those for off-roading while keeping the stock wheels and tires for daily driving. It costs a bit extra up-front, but why wear out expensive off-road tires driving around town? The stock tires will be smoother and quieter and probably deliver a little better MPG as well. I just need to figure out how to confirm that Outer banks can handle 33s without suspension changes.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4. The cost for auto 2.7L on badlands is the SAME as OBX at 1895 even though OBX 2.3 comes standard with auto. So it’s as if you’re getting a free auto with Badlands since OBX has an auto built into the base price. NOTE SURVEY PRICES INDICATED IT SHOULD BE MORE, AND FORD MAY INCREASE THE PRICE ON OTHER TRIMS INCLUDING BADLANDS. This has been highlighted as a potential mistake on B&P but we shall see
I think it's better to burst your bubble now rather than you continue to believe this until order time, but there is a 0.00000000% chance the Badlands comes with a "free" automatic transmission. There is a long list of B&P errors documented in another thread. Ford's standard price for the 10-speed automatic transmission upgrade from a manual is $1,595. Plan on that and you won't be upset at order time.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it's better to burst your bubble now rather than you continue to believe this until order time, but there is a 0.00000000% chance
Who knows. The $1,595 could be overstated and not a good reference point, because a mid-package for LESS ($1,495) gets you mid-pack content PLUS an auto n the 2.3L. The error could reside in that $1,595 figure. Sounds like they need to sort out a bit. I've been following the other threads closely, and understand the numbers dont make sense. Maybe the 2.7L comes down for OBX, and stays the same for the rest, or a bunch of other engine/tranny upgrades are slightly rejiggered.

Last edited:

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Something here is not making sense. How do we get bags for our doors if you want the soft top.? I don't see it as an option anywhere on the build and price for the Outer Banks seems like you had that the hardtop to get the bags for the doors.. now I'm wondering if the soft-top even comes off of the Bronco

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Something here is not making sense. How do we get bags for our doors if you want the soft top.? I don't see it as an option anywhere on the build and price for the Outer Banks seems like you had that the hardtop to get the bags for the doors.. now I'm wondering if the soft-top even comes off of the Bronco
The plot thickens

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Frankly I just think the Door Bags are $350 period... the Hard Top Bags are included with a hard top period. The wording is just a bad way of saying you don't lose the one if you add the other... (aka... High vs Mid states High includes everything that Mid has)

Jenbomb

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I originally reserved the Outer Banks and after looking at build and price, I will most likely stick with it. Two things I don't like: the grill and the rims. I wish we had the option of having the grill that is on the badlands and wildtrak, also the wheels are SO UGLY! I will definitely end up having to get aftermarket wheels.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who knows. The $1,595 could be overstated and not a good reference point, because a mid-package for LESS ($1,495) gets you mid-pack content PLUS an auto n the 2.3L. The error could reside in that $1,595 figure. Sounds like they need to sort out a bit. I've been following the other threads closely, and understand the numbers dont make sense. Maybe the 2.7L comes down for OBX, and stays the same for the rest, or a bunch of other engine/tranny upgrades are slightly rejiggered.
The mid package does not include an automatic transmission. The mid package is basically a set of interior options and convenience/safety features. Here's how you can figure this out:

1. Go to the Black Diamond B&P and notice it contains neither the Mid package nor the automatic transmission. Notice how the automatic transmission is $1,595. (The same price as it is on other Ford vehicles). Notice the mid package is $1,495.
2. Add either the mid package or the automatic transmission and notice that the other is not automatically added. Add both and notice the price is now $3K higher than the base price.

Outer Banks includes the Mid package as standard and the automatic transmission as standard, but the auto trans is not standard because of the Mid package.

Getting back to the Badlands, to Build a Badlands and Outer Banks similar to each other, you have to add the heavy-duty front bumper to the OB. add the auxiliary switches and advanced 4WD. To the Badlands, you have to add the automatic transmission and the Mid package. Of course, there are still a number of other differences which cannot be matched up, such as the front locking diff, disconnecting sway bar and upgraded shocks and rock rails vs. running boards, but this helps better to see the cost of those options. Similarly configured the Badlands is a few thousand more than the Outer Banks. Of course, it is possible to configure a Badlands cheaper than an Outer Banks if you load up on options for the OB and keep it more minimal on the Badlands.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Ford is offering bags for the two-doors because they say the 2-doors don't stow in the back. Which is a bummer because even if they don't store in the back, you'd think people would want bags to protect them regardless of where they are stored when not on the vehicle.
Sponsored