Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Outer Banks vs Big Bend D85CE64A-BF56-400E-BEBC-1E6EC8569AD8

If the Auto/Mid thing is real. No way I’m getting Outer Banks. I’m starting to feel that it is since creating a separate mid package for folks with manual without remote start might be too much of a hassle to Ford. Still not getting my hopes up.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, i am a little confuesed too, and I want/need the 4A, and on the BB, it would not let me add it as a stand alone, so i am kind of forced if i want that option, to really-really pay for it with the OBX
That's where I'm at unless i can convince my better half that the MGV is good in the BD as i was able to add that to the BD build, but not the BB unless i went sasquach.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same, adding 4A forced me to add Sasquatch on the BB. I think (hope) that's a glitch. Seems there are quite a few glitches on the BB B&P.
I hope it's a glitch, I actually prefer the grill and wheels on BB, but the 4A is one of my no compromise options, and I dont want the sas, so I'd have to move up.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
same boat- by not getting leather and big screen i'm basically saving 5k with a big bend that has 90% of what i want- btw you can add side steps afterwards and get exactly the ones you want

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base

If the Auto/Mid thing is real. No way I’m getting Outer Banks. I’m starting to feel that it is since creating a separate mid package for folks with manual without remote start might be too much of a hassle to Ford. Still not getting my hopes up.
I'm 99% sure it's a mistake, because it's not that way on any other trim. Plus, when I first built a BB, I added the 2.7, auto, and mid all for $1895. If that were real, I'd jump all over it. If the auto really is included with mid in the BB, that would make my decision much easier, it'd be BB all the way.

Sponsored

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the same thought, unless I was missing something it seems like a built out Big Bend is cheaper and more features than a standard OBX
You can’t go higher than the mid package on anything under OBX and you have the ability to upgrade stuff you can’t on the big bend but honestly it may be better to buy the BB to upgrade with aftermarket gear since Fords pricing is straight whacked the f—— out!

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope it's a glitch, I actually prefer the grill and wheels on BB, but the 4A is one of my no compromise options, and I dont want the sas, so I'd have to move up.
Same here, 4A is pretty much a must. It's got to be a glitch. I think? I go back and forth between the wheels and grill, for me it varies with the color I choose. The gray looks good with some, but not so much with others.

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I'm right here… one thing that keeps me thinking OBX is sport mode.
Is that worth a couple of grand??? Not sure.

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can’t go higher than the mid package on anything under OBX and you have the ability to upgrade stuff you can’t on the big bend but honestly it may be better to buy the BB to upgrade with aftermarket gear since Fords pricing is straight whacked the f—— out!
I guess it depends what upgrades you want. I don't care about leather and the only thing I'd like out of LUX would be upgraded speakers which doesn't seem worth it.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm 99% sure it's a mistake, because it's not that way on any other trim. Plus, when I first built a BB, I added the 2.7, auto, and mid all for $1895. If that were real, I'd jump all over it. If the auto really is included with mid in the BB, that would make my decision much easier, it'd be BB all the way.
True. I definitely budgeted to pay way more. I kept trying to see what I forgot to add after seeing the price go DOWN after adding the Mid-Package haha

Sponsored

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only reason why i even considered OBX was because I really want the leather interior and 12" screen (high package), but if that means that I have to eat 3k just to "unlock" the option to add these features on, then I am not sure if it makes economical sense

again, may be we are all missing something here... lol
I was able to add leather as stand alone option for $2195, although I do think you need to add high package for the bigger screen.

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my exact debate... Do I get a 2-door Big Bend with auto and add whatever I want custom over the next few years (new lights and maybe a new grille, possibly side steps, leather seats with heating/cooling, backup sensors) for around $42,000 or get an Outer Banks standard and get basically everything I want right away for less than a grand more (with extra niceties like remote start, illuminated visor mirrors, ambient lighting--but without leather cooled seats since I'm cool with the standard roast cloth with heating)?
Do I want to have more custom later, or standard that I like now? Do I want a lower overall car payment with sporadic purchases, or an overall higher payment and a vehicle fully outfitted for what I want? I'm so torn. The OBX painted fenders etc. is growing on me... Hmm.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good catch! I kept wondering why bb was such a great value. Free tranny! Now I'm only 1600 apart.... Dang it. Was feeling I'd found the value trim.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I was wondering this same exact thing! I pretty much put everything in the BB that made it an OBX... and it's like $3k cheaper. I was scratching my head, like what am I missing. I even started saving the builds and doing a side by side to see what I could be missing. My only conclusion was the wheels are maybe nicer (depending on preference) and the cloth interior on the OBX was I guess nicer? (whatevs, it's still cloth). So then I just started thinking are you paying more for the OBX simply for the privilege to be able to upgrade with the High or Lux package? That seemed silly to me.

But I didn't realize it was adding auto for free. Good catch! I don't imagine that being $3k... so it still seems like you're paying more on the OBX simply for the privileged to add higher packages. Oh, and painted fenders. :LOL:

It was nice to get an idea of where things will land with the B&P, but I guess we still have some time before it's 'perfect'. Which I'm fine with, I know a lot of ppl on this forum will get annoyed over it. But whatever. Ordering still isn't for another 2 months.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello there, any of you guys out there that are deciding between these two models (4dr)?

So, i did a B&P on Big Bend, added the tube steps, mid package (AT included), and LED lamps, and this is still about 3k less than the Outer Banks... Does this mean that whoever is getting the Outer Banks is literally paying that extra 3k for the color matched door handle, over fender and 1" bigger wheel?

What am I missing here? or you guys think this price gap is justified?
You are exactly right, I thought I was going with Outer Banks, but looks like Im going Big Bend. I actually did a Black Diamond, but no Signature LED's…. Im out.
Sponsored