Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice build! I am in the process of transforming my OBX to a hybrid along the same lines. My plan is to install a set of BD takeoff wheels with my KO2’s, wrap the fender flares and mirror caps in black matte, and get a BD grill and mount the camera to it. Down the road I will replace the tires with pizza cutters and add a lift. The rig’s name is Pilgrim and I guess it will be a BD/OBX mashup with a utilitarian design much like yours and Northwest Bronco’s and Budget Bronco’s. I will keep watching yours for inspiration. Again, great job.
Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rattle canned a set of Black Diamond take-offs. I wanted to keep the silver steelie look, but with a beefier tire than the 255/70R16 Dueler HT's that came stock. Special thanks to @BudgetBronco Tim for providing additional prep and painting tips; be sure to check out his informative YouTube video on the process as well Link .

Also purchased take-off Outer Banks Navy Pier cloth upholstery from eBay and found a local upholstery shop to do the install, replacing the stock black/gray upholstery.

Happy so far with the way it's coming together!

20230208_092454_HDR.jpg
20230211_144354.jpg
So someone took off their own cloth to maybe install Katzkins or something else? I didn't think of that option to sell the old cloth. Nice job!

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for posting, I have a saved search for 2 door used covers like you got but haven't hit any I like yet.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been looking to paint my Black Diamond Steel wheels silver as well. This is a plus that you have a black diamond in white just like mine! Can you post a few more photos of different angles? Also what specific color silver did you use?

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rattle canned a set of Black Diamond take-offs. I wanted to keep the silver steelie look, but with a beefier tire than the 255/70R16 Dueler HT's that came stock. Special thanks to @BudgetBronco Tim for providing additional prep and painting tips; be sure to check out his informative YouTube video on the process as well Link .

Also purchased take-off Outer Banks Navy Pier cloth upholstery from eBay and found a local upholstery shop to do the install, replacing the stock black/gray upholstery.

Happy so far with the way it's coming together!

20230208_092454_HDR.jpg
20230211_144354.jpg
That looks like the Roast interior seat.

Ford Bronco Outer Base Diamond Bronco = painted steelies + custom installed Outer Banks Navy Pier cloth seat upholstery IMG_20220620_072918

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love the look!

OP
OP
StephenSJ

StephenSJ

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been looking to paint my Black Diamond Steel wheels silver as well. This is a plus that you have a black diamond in white just like mine! Can you post a few more photos of different angles? Also what specific color silver did you use?
Nice, it's a fun project! I had never done anything like this before and surprised myself with the results. My Bronco is actually a Base. I had purchased the take-off Black Diamond wheels and tires several months before my Bronco arrived (Bronco took longer to arrive than expected - I'm sure many can relate, lol). Once my Bronco arrived, though, I decided I liked the silver steelie look better than black. I could have just thrown a larger tire on the Base 16" steelies, but with the 17" Black Diamond steelies there's more flexibility down the road if I decide to go larger when the General Grabbers need replacing.

I used Silver Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Coating (Part #HWP101) and Duplicolor Matte Clear Coat (Part # HWP106). You'll also want to use a prep spray and primer (watch @BudgetBronco 's YouTube video for great instructions!). Good luck!

I'll try to get some more pics posted.

OP
OP
StephenSJ

StephenSJ

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also @StephenSJ which paint color did you use, Argent Silver? And does it match up to the base steelies?
I used Silver Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Coating (Part #HWP101) and Duplicolor Matte Clear Coat (Part #HWP106). I think it's a good match, but didn't really look at it that closely to be honest. A co-worker took my Base steelies off my hands immediately after I had the painted Black Diamond steelies installed. I'll see if he can bring one back so I can do a comparison - now I'm curious, lol!

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, it's a fun project! I had never done anything like this before and surprised myself with the results. My Bronco is actually a Base. I had purchased the take-off Black Diamond wheels and tires several months before my Bronco arrived (Bronco took longer to arrive than expected - I'm sure many can relate, lol). Once my Bronco arrived, though, I decided I liked the silver steelie look better than black. I could have just thrown a larger tire on the Base 16" steelies, but with the 17" Black Diamond steelies there's more flexibility down the road if I decide to go larger when the General Grabbers need replacing.

I used Silver Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Coating (Part #HWP101) and Duplicolor Matte Clear Coat (Part # HWP106). You'll also want to use a prep spray and primer (watch @BudgetBronco 's YouTube video for great instructions!). Good luck!

I'll try to get some more pics posted.
Awesome Thanks! can you post a few more photos??

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
do you have any more pics with the black diamond steelies painted silver ?
Sponsored