First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this one on the passenger side. Currently the passenger rear seat is folded down and it is a perfect fit. Gives my dog the full cargo area. Love it, I can open it from any direction and take the top off completely.

https://www.amazon.com/TYPE-Blizzard-Portable-Electric-Charging/dp/B097TB8FFV
Thanks for the link. The size and weight sound great, but not so much on the price. $900 is a lot of cabbage. It is overkill for weekend trips where ice+cooler will do just fine. But for week-long trips it is very appealing, aside from the cost.

If it were $500, it would already be purchased, but $900 is a tough sell for something that will get used 2 weeks a year while I am still working.

OP
OP
sunpro2010

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the link. The size and weight sound great, but not so much on the price. $900 is a lot of cabbage. It is overkill for weekend trips where ice+cooler will do just fine. But for week-long trips it is very appealing, aside from the cost.

If it were $500, it would already be purchased, but $900 is a tough sell for something that will get used 2 weeks a year while I am still working.
I get that for sure. Mine stays in the Bronco all the time. I use it when we go to the store for cold items, don't always go straight home. I keep waters in it, so I always have cold water to drink. But its not for everyone. My bronco has 2600 miles and ive only had it for 3 weeks. The Blizzard Box is nice because it doesn't take up much space but has the same interior space as the 55L

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F55F8D3E-3DE5-4247-8835-A9ECB3764A2F.jpeg

I don’t think any description is necessary! I’ve been overlanding before they started calling overlanding. Don’t need anything fancy.
Where I’m at, Yeti is fancy. I rock Pelican, looks fancy but without the fancy price.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If there is a 12v fridge/freezer that doesn’t cost and arm and a leg and can fit on the narrow side of my Bronco I would consider it.
I have this one...fits on either side of my 4 door Bronco and the wheels allow me to move it in between vehicles depending on if I'm doing the grocery shopping or the wife is.

Got it for $400. They have larger ones that basically take up the same footprint but are just taller.

BougeRV 12 Volt Car Refrigerator... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091TCBP6G

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my problem with the fridge/freezer is the space they take up. I prefer using an old-fashioned cooler and if I am going to be away from civilization that long that the ice melts, I will be eating mountain house freeze dried food.

When it is just me, I prefer to sleep in the back of the truck so I can't give up that much space for a powered fridge. The cooler I have in the photo is perfect for my needs. Holds plenty of stuff (with ice), keeps things cold for several days, and I can sleep on the "wide side" in the back.
Bingo. I picked up a large Pelican cooler when it was being clearanced, I toted that dam thing around for two years, now it's been sitting on a shelf mostly for 10 years. For me the space you lose, doesn't make up for the ice retention, and then there's the weight of the thing itself. I mostly use a Coleman, or a soft-sided RTIC cooler.

OP
OP
sunpro2010

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

anyone have any updates on their builds?

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used my dads BougeRV 30 quart 12 v fridge on a recent 5 day overland. My buddy has the 23quart version in his tear drop. I loved it. I'm gonna pick up a 30 for myself in March.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D9M14J...&colid=Y3VUPHK58OGH&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

I've done lots of my rig if you want to check out my page. Mostly keep it up to date. But my favorite mod is my second battery / charging station / 12v power setup in the rear. I have it powering a red and white baja designs rock light on my tailgate glass. Then it powers 6 USB cables that run out to my table. It charges while I drive and then can charge it by Solar too.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/meet-moon.41320/page-4#post-1767555

JKBL4

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Elonmsk how did you like that weboost cell booster??

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://icecofreezer.com/products/iceco-jp50-portable-fridge
I have the 50 and it's worked out great and the price isn't bad

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been trying to sort out all my gear and how to fit it in the Bronco. Wrangler just has more storage room in the back due to how it was designed....or maybe I just need a gladiator :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
sunpro2010

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Been trying to sort out all my gear and how to fit it in the Bronco. Wrangler just has more storage room in the back due to how it was designed....or maybe I just need a gladiator :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
It wouldn't be bad if I didn't have to save the back seat for my dog :D I would do the rear seat delete and then I would have plenty of room. Guess I need to do more with less.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It wouldn't be bad if I didn't have to save the back seat for my dog :D I would do the rear seat delete and then I would have plenty of room. Guess I need to do more with less.
I have a kid so similar. There is just something with the wrangler that by the time I installed XG bags and a couple of wheel well bags, I was able to store all of my tools and recovery gear. Which left the entire cargo space open for the fridg3, food, camping gear.

With the Bronco, no such side storage really yet and so I have to find room for it all. I think I may have a handle on most of it, but I'm probably going to have to drop some $ on that attic tray to give me a place for recovery gear.
Sponsored