Sponsored

Overlanding in a badlands 2 door (982lb payload)

Gargantua

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M1083A1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be honest, I have not. I have been a passenger in 4x4's that were loaded up pretty heavy while driving offroad and it just felt a little sluggish. Also sometimes I see loaded up vehicles offroading on YouTube and they just seem top heavy. I dunno maybe it's not as big of an issue as I am making it out to be but I have an ultralight mindset that is kind of ingrained in me I guess.
Definitely a trade off. Maybe the future electric bronco with some smart adjustable suspension and payload leveling will make it work for everyone all the time with detachable
ElectroMagnetic accessories!

thanks for the input
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, I have not. I have been a passenger in 4x4's that were loaded up pretty heavy while driving offroad and it just felt a little sluggish. Also sometimes I see loaded up vehicles offroading on YouTube and they just seem top heavy. I dunno maybe it's not as big of an issue as I am making it out to be but I have an ultralight mindset that is kind of ingrained in me I guess.
No, you’re thinking the right way.

A 2 Dr does require a more ultralight philosophy. A 2 Dr Bronco ain’t a damn RV and it’s not meant to be taken as a van camp approach either. Rooftop tents aren’t necessary; they’re a luxury Item, same with an awning.

Nothing wrong with a fridge and battery, I have a Buetti 700 and a Dometic CFX35. Yes, they take up some space, but if you plan to cook and not eat the sodium filled backpacker meals, the fridge is great, plus, beer! Ice for coolers sucks bad.

Anyway, a decent tent, I have a hub tent, room for recovery gear, first aid, blanky, clothing, maybe a toilet if bringing your lady is about all you’ll “need” for a one or two night camp.

Not sure a 2 Dr is an overland vehicle, it’s more for wheeling and a basic car camp. Kept in its element; it’s great.