Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and Answer the oft repeated question..."What would it take to wrap a MIC top?"
I think it’s more about how bad is the delam and not wanting to pay to fix vs replace. The veneer needs to be sanded off and a few coats of epoxy, gel coat, paint, send it.
Sponsored

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep . . . looks like our Aussie friend @txozpilot was right on pretty much . . .

Silver Lining -- now plenty of time to stock up "constrained commodities" - (except hardtops )
Man I wish there was a better silver lining than that, but I reckon you’re pretty much spot on..

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The red two door in the topic pic is my FCTP unit that was built 6/16. My personal 4d BL is being used as our demo until they ship the m f’er.
Maybe after they drop the dookie you’ll want them to crush it. Just sayin.
I would like them to throw a soft top on it and ship it 11 miles down the road to my dealer!

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember how Levine was all positive and avoiding all questions as if the train were still on the rails on Twitter today. Dude knew and just stonewalled everyone.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do wonder how many reservation holders are now willing to switch to soft tops. The overall number has hovered around 10%. Hopefully 10,000 more can willingly join the soft top brigade.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.

More added:

MIC info will be released soon enough.

Also, as of today "full speed" production has been delayed indefinitely, as Rangers will far outweigh Broncos on final at least thru the planned MY21 run. Bronco's dedicated body shop has been sandbagged to spread work between both shifts.
Do you mean that Ford is going to actually announce something??? Like at 430 pm on Friday... Let me guess....

STAY PUMPED!!!!!

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco..

Simultaneously the SUV of the Year for 2021/2022, and the biggest f*ckup in automobile rollout history. Im even counting the return of the Firebird.. Large delays like this are going to cost them an astronomical amount of potential revenue as people get bored and drift to other vehicles. Not just pre-orders, but now missed revenue from walk up customers during a period where existing inventory on lots is non existent.

Not surprising based on information we had available before this thread. Ford is not going to sit on almost 3K+ Broncos and miss a whole month of deliveries over the problems we've already seen on delivered vehicles.. Premier eluded as much in a quip he did on my comment yesterday where I estimated at least 50% of MIC tops were garbage. His reply made it clear that I was WAY low.

Ford is on this forum and can see people panicking. The lack of information was really the only information we needed to know that a very large majority of us will not be seeing a Bronco anytime soon.

We know its worth the wait, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow right now.

Edit: I would happily take a soft top for my 4 door and call it even. Ive had a VIN since early this year and have seen about 7-8 different dates now. I'll take the L on the hard top just to get this over with. Ford, this is for you to see just in case you read this chain.. and lets be honest, you're here right now.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do wonder how many reservation holders are now willing to switch to soft tops. The overall number has hovered around 10%. Hopefully 10,000 more can willingly join the soft top brigade.
You would think they’d be blasting through soft tops now and still building at a high pace…but it sounds like they’re going to ramp down to a crawl anyway so it may not make a difference to switch for most. They could build every soft top this year if they held their current pace.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it is everyone with a 21 order gets a soft top (INCLUDING 2 doors) regardless, then I’m ok with it. I have a 2 door order with a vin ( now pushed to September 13th week) and I’m pretty sure there was a soft top accessory option coming from Ford, so fingers crossed. I can live with a soft. The build week push back (second time) reminds me of Tom Hanks in the Money Pit. “2 weeks Fielding!”
Pushed 5x. Week of Sept 27…. Maybe. Probably not then now either.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.