Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. A056E79B-7F45-4140-BB74-41FF5F7C6D47
Sponsored

Medhass

Black Diamond
First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 F100, Fairlane, 1991 Bronco excursion f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine was apparently built last week but Iā€™m still in ā€œProductionā€ what does that mean for me?
Good luck bro I've been built since 7/1 and still waiting for it to be shipped

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess for me the question is: What happens to my bronco that was built last week? If it means I can have my bronco if I switch to a soft top, DO IT! I hate the soft top but if I can get my bronco now, DO IT!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Visual of the news to expect from Ford on Fridayā€¦

Ford Bronco Painful (but responsible) solution to MIC issue decided. Announcement imminent. 7B796297-81AF-4003-8396-DF0808070505

Sponsored

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Now I feel bad because I want to 99 my unscheduled FE because I donā€™t want a crappy Webasto top and am fine with waiting.

7438A65A-2CA6-4E28-BAE7-C3C9B36FEE75.jpeg

notlimahttocs

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.

More added:

MIC info will be released soon enough.

Also, as of today "full speed" production has been delayed indefinitely, as Rangers will far outweigh Broncos on final at least thru the planned MY21 run. Bronco's dedicated body shop has been sandbagged to spread work between both shifts.
My guess is this means all orders from here on out, with or without VINs, scheduled or unscheduled, they are all just gonna be pushed to 2022?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess for me the question is: What happens to my bronco that was built last week? If it means I can have my bronco if I switch to a soft top, DO IT! I hate the soft top but if I can get my bronco now, DO IT!
Ford won't go back and start switching to soft tops on already build vehicles. I still wouldn't get a soft top if it ment getting mine this year. I had soft tops in the past. And they suck at heat/cold insulation, very noisy when it rains, they can get broken into easily, they will crack and wear out quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.