First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just curious if anyone has noted whether the 2 door is more difficult to exit the vehicle vs 4 door. I know the doors are longer on the 2 door. I like the 4 door configuration of my wrx as I can just toss my backpack and stuff in the back seat. Wondering if I’ll need to re learn to use the back hatch door if I get a 2 door. It’s to hard to lift a heavy pack across the center console every day.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The backseat of a 2dr is suboptimal for stashing stuff. I'll throw a jacket or backpack back there but most stuff goes straight to the back.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For a 2 door, just pop the latch on the upper corner of the seat and it tips forward. If you need more space (as in more access space), then just pull the whole seat forward at the same time. When done, just slide the seat back and tip the seat back into position. It goes right back to the same spot you had it in before you did anything. Same as most 2 door vehicles have been doing for years. It is a very easy vehicle to live with. The 4 door would be easy as well, so I would consider the over all room in the vehicle as a differentiator than access. Access is good in both.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my rear seats out of my 2 door. I set my back packs behinds the drivers seat. Easy to get out imo. But not as easy as going to the next door back on a 4 door.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
After owning a Tacoma with the inaccessible backseat (1st gen), there's no way I do that again, even worse if it's Sasquatched.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't buy a Bronco to haul cargo. I packed a 4-week Utah backroads trip for myself and my brother, and we were loaded! Of course, as "mature gentlemen" I included creature comforts I would not have bothered with in my younger days (refrigerator-cooler, table, folding chairs, etc.) plus recovery gear. But it took careful organizing to accommodate all that stuff.

OP
OP
WRBWRX

WRBWRX

Black Diamond
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
See, that’s just it. I’ve had two Miata’s and the wife packed that thing to the gills. No kids but I’m 50 plus and not sure if I want to deal with the smaller 2 door, but it’s a bit cheaper to get a badsquach 7 speed than having to move to a BB to get a 7 speed in a four door.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You don't buy a Bronco to haul cargo. I packed a 4-week Utah backroads trip for myself and my brother, and we were loaded! Of course, as "mature gentlemen" I included creature comforts I would not have bothered with in my younger days (refrigerator-cooler, table, folding chairs, etc.) plus recovery gear. But it took careful organizing to accommodate all that stuff.
All I took from this is " we were loaded! ", must have been a fun trip, two brothers.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The front doors are certainly longer and a pain in tight spaces. It wouldn’t be a deal breaker, but the lack of space was. I do what you do, throw my bags in the back seat. My cargo area is full of toolboxes and tools in case.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The front doors are certainly longer and a pain in tight spaces.
I have not run into issues with my 2-door in tight spots. Definitely easier to get out of than a Mustang in the same situation.

With the front seat folded forward using the latch by the headrest, it's easy enough to put a cooler in my back seat. Less easy to get a person back there. ;)

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 door. I also used someone’s 4 door for a weekend. There’s no comparison between the 2 and 4 door if convenience to the rear seating or cargo space is your priority. But if you are not in need of access to the rear seats very often and total cargo space is not a deal breaker, then the 2 door (imo) looks better and is much more maneuverable. It’s only me and the Mrs., so the 2 door is all we need and want.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...then the 2 door (imo) looks better and is much more maneuverable. It’s only me and the Mrs., so the 2 door is all we need and want.
I prefer the handling off road of the shorter 2-door. Especially when I have to turn it around on a narrow trail that is blocked with snow. The difference is a seven-point turn versus backing up for half a mile down a muddy, rocky, steep, narrow road.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I prefer the handling off road of the shorter 2-door. Especially when I have to turn it around on a narrow trail that is blocked with snow. The difference is a seven-point turn versus backing up for half a mile down a muddy, rocky, steep, narrow road.
“A seven-point turn”??

Let me introduce you to the Trail Turn Assist button 😎

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

“A seven-point turn”??

Let me introduce you to the Trail Turn Assist button 😎
Yeah, trail turn assist won't even get you to 45 degrees around on a road like this. It only cuts about six feet off of a 30+ foot U-turn.
PXTZc84.jpg

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I took from this is " we were loaded! ", must have been a fun trip, two brothers.
Mostly. But not "loaded," like with booze. I lost the Battle of the Bottle 45 years ago.
Besides, he's a die-hard Progressive and I'm an inveterate "Deplorable." Too many miles wasted on arguing over politics. But we're brothers, and he had his first experience with off-roading in Moab, and that was fun.
I wonder: which one of us was adopted?
Sponsored