Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some random food for thought when it comes to the now-daily arguments about the Bronco being a $40K rig, your 2002 PT Cruiser adjusts to essentially $30,000 in today's dollars (I have assumed you have limited trim, since the base bronco is $12K under your stated price argument)

The Bronco won't be too far off the adjusted price of your PT. Do you feel your PT was too luxurious and opulent to drive it as designed? (Serious question, I have friends with HHR's but not PT's. To a man they say the HHR is a roached-out POS vehicle).

1607016332260.png

1607016353294.png
Lol Rick, love how you back your statements with hard numbers and facts
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some random food for thought when it comes to the now-daily arguments about the Bronco being a $40K rig, your 2002 PT Cruiser adjusts to essentially $30,000 in today's dollars (I have assumed you have limited trim, since the base bronco is $12K under your stated price argument)

The Bronco won't be too far off the adjusted price of your PT. Do you feel your PT was too luxurious and opulent to drive it as designed? (Serious question, I have friends with HHR's but not PT's. To a man they say the HHR is a roached-out POS vehicle).

1607016332260.png

1607016353294.png
Crap, my 4 door Bronco is near the same price as an 2002 Escape XLT when adjusted for inflation. Makes me think it is a good deal.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol Rick, love how you back your statements with hard numbers and facts
Thankfully there is alcohol, or i'd be no fun at parties. The life of a Federal compliance auditor is a very black and white life. (Hence needing vehicles that have a real color to them!)

GotaJeep4now

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted to see what the 4 door Bronco would look like with just some of the doors/roof panels removed so I went ahead and (crudely) mocked up various roof panel/doors removals with the B&P and MS Paint to give a better idea of what it will look like.

2021 Bronco hardtop panel removed 1.png
2021 Bronco hardtop panel removed 2.png
2021 Bronco hardtop panel removed 3.png
2021 Bronco hardtop panel removed 4.png
2021 Bronco hardtop panel removed 5.png
2021 Bronco hardtop panel removed 6.jpg

Additional ones by @Username_not_found. 4 door with roof rails on and the front roof panels off.

no-top-doors-png.png

no-top-no-doors-png.png
Want the 4 door practicality, but too lazy to remove the doors out of my line sight. Really appreciate the preview!

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This thread has completely affirmed my decision to get the soft top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Appalachia_Ewok

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just used 40k for the Bronco cause it's kind of in the middle, a lot of people are paying more, some are paying less, but to your question...

I'd say my PT cruiser is the best car I've ever gotten for free :sneaky:. My parents bought it, but it's a base of the base 5spd manual, manual locks, and they got it in like February of '03 on closeout. Started to let me drive it to school a few years later after I could drive, it's been a great car more or less, fits my needs but not really my wants.

I would definitely say PTs were overpriced when they launched though, but as much hate as they get now they sold like hotcakes. In '02 there certainly wasn't anything else like the PT. The only reason mine sat on the lot and got my parents a deal was because it was a manual. Would I have bought one new back then for that price? No, but I also want a car that better suits my lifestyle, if retro-modern cars were your thing in '02 you didn't have another option.

I've reserved a 4dr Black Diamond which is right at 40k which, for my household income level, is a ton of money, and definitely not what Dave Ramsey would advise ?. Gonna pay half in cash and finance the rest, overpay per month and should have it paid off in about 3.5 years. With the way the used car market is on 4x4 vehicles everything is so close to brand new vehicle prices or it already has 150k miles on it. I'm just gonna send it on the Bronco and keep it for at least 15 years.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1607016332260.png

1607016353294.png
Ford Bronco Partial Roof Panels / Doors Removed Bronco Mock-Ups. chrysler-pt-bruiser-for-sale

Send it, Rick!

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wanted to see what the 4 door Bronco would look like with just some of the doors/roof panels removed so I went ahead and (crudely) mocked up various roof panel/doors removals with the B&P and MS Paint to give a better idea of what it will look like.

Ford Bronco Partial Roof Panels / Doors Removed Bronco Mock-Ups. chrysler-pt-bruiser-for-sale

Additional ones by @Username_not_found. 4 door with roof rails on and the front roof panels off.

no-top-doors-png.png

no-top-no-doors-png.png
Cool! I’m planning to roll around Florida in a 2-Door with only the forward panels attached (to preclude face barbecue:

No doors, no rear section. I’m just going to leave it like that for half the year under my ‘carport’. Maybe I should get the drain plug floors!

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack